• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

I did a ton of fishing there.

lol, And that was exactly our goal on my Dad's Commercial Boat up there. Tons! But ya, Tatoosh, Swiftsure, The Straits, Neah Bay , Sekiu, Clallam Bay, and basically EVERY tributary and lake u0 there offered incredible fishing opportunities. Best way to grow up ever. The passion never dwindled.😉

Last edited:
I shot another MOST match today. It was hot by noon. The targets on this stage were at 593, 599, & 600 yards.

6-13-20.jpg

Last edited:
I did a ton of fishing there.
Today it has been raining for 20 minutes then sunny for 15, repeat...... Still beautiful country!
My wife and hiking partner for the last 27 years is from Port Angeles. We have enjoyed wandering around her, and apparently your, old stomping grounds quite a bit. I will need to pick your brain someday about the fishing!
BF8E3C5B-B4E5-440E-BDB3-EA2CE8ADD40E.jpeg
This was washed up on Crescent beach on the Straits of Juan de Fuca. Looks like a giant sea horse. Google informed us that it is a Ribbon fish, known locally as “king of the salmon” but not related at all as it normally resides at 3000’ down. Odd and rare to find on the beach. Foot in photo for scale.

Today it has been raining for 20 minutes then sunny for 15, repeat...... Still beautiful country!
My wife and hiking partner for the last 27 years is from Port Angeles. We have enjoyed wandering around her, and apparently your, old stomping grounds quite a bit. I will need to pick your brain someday about the fishing!
View attachment 7350737This was washed up on Crescent beach on the Straits of Juan de Fuca. Looks like a giant sea horse. Google informed us that it is a Ribbon fish, known locally as “king of the salmon” but not related at all as it normally resides at 3000’ down. Odd and rare to find on the beach. Foot in photo for scale.
Proper NW footwear

Reactions: 1J04
I get a cool memory every time I see an Oriole. My grandma who lived just 5 blocks away was a big lover of cool birds. My grandparents were poor in cash and rich in life, love, and goodness. She was a consummate birder (could quote a bird book like a highly learned ornithologist).
anyways, she got me a bird book when I turned 9 and I still have it.

She really loved Orioles due to their gorgeous coloring and rarity around home and I remember the excitement of watching them build a nest with her once. We went and watched every day for a couple hours to see them move and fly around.

She had 8th grade 1 room school education, worked menial jobs in a nursery her whole life because they never would have survived without 2 paychecks. She had a heart of gold and taught me a few things about cooking with bacon grease, how to grow a garden and can it all up, and best way to fatten rabbits all summer to kill for eating after the first good freeze.

They are incredible! They really light the bays up well. I'm very impressed with them already. Worth every penny!
This is my next upgrade in my shop. I’m going to be putting 8 8 foot led lights in there. Then insulating the place!

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
I wuz thinkin’ bout sending you a doorknocker, but.........

The Man Door ain't no big dealio. Just gotta do a bit of cutting and framing. But the Roll Up Door guy is another issue. Trying to get someone 'decent' out here to hang doors is a chore right now. Oh, and the Gutter guy!! I want (1) one continuous run end to end, but if I have to go snag 3 12 ft sections and do it myself, so be it, but again, ain't what I want.

If they're 8 footers like these 2 footers, you're gonna need sunscreen. And don't hang animals in there unless you wanna sear them on the gambrel. :LOL:
The 8' fixtures dont have nearly the lumen output as the ones you installed.

The district manager botched about it being too dim in one of our offices. We replaced 67 400w metal hailed fixtures with the 24000 lumen (8000 brighter than yours). You nearly need to wear sunscreen and sunglasses in the building.

Mooseknuckled the 8 footers will be brighter than the florescent tubes. One possible problem with the fixtures like 1j04 put up is their brightness when you roll out from under a vehicle and look up. They are like looking into the sun when you look directly at them.

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
That’s what I want! I want to have to wear sunglasses inside. I hate have dark spots in my shop.
those 2 footers you put up look impressive

lol You're gonna need sunglasses when you look up. I'm not kidding. You're gonna love them!

The 8' fixtures dont have nearly the lumen output as the ones you installed.

The district manager botched about it being too dim in one of our offices. We replaced 67 400w metal hailed fixtures with the 24000 lumen (8000 brighter than yours). You nearly need to wear sunscreen and sunglasses in the building.

Brother, I know what you're saying. Those 2 two footers in the bays I'm not sealing off are bright as hell. You literally don't wanna stare into them. 24,000 lumen's has got to be INCREDIBLE!

Reactions: Mooseknuckles
Brother, I know what you're saying. Those 2 two footers in the bays I'm not sealing off are bright as hell. You literally don't wanna stare into them. 24,000 lumen's has got to be INCREDIBLE!
Where did you pick them up at? Costco?
I would like to do the high bay light but I don’t have clear span in my shop so rafters are at 9 foot.

Reactions: Mooseknuckles
I will have to look into them.
As a side note/FWIW; I bought some "Husky" brand (actually Homely Despot makes them for themselves under the Husky name) LED worklights. Not normally a fan of Husky anything, but the price was right. I have a small work area and I hang the worklights upsidedown off of bicycle hooks on the ceiling. I bought 6 of them and one crapped out after about 30 days. I thought "Oh well, there's $40.00 down the drain. I looked on the H/D website for those same lamps and they had a telephone number for service, so, I gave it a shot and called them. They just asked me for the date code or S/N (don't remember which) and they e-mailed me a coupon for a replacement. It was very, very simple, quick and painless.

The Man Door ain't no big dealio. Just gotta do a bit of cutting and framing. But the Roll Up Door guy is another issue. Trying to get someone 'decent' out here to hang doors is a chore right now. Oh, and the Gutter guy!! I want (1) one continuous run end to end, but if I have to go snag 3 12 ft sections and do it myself, so be it, but again, ain't what I want.
I had 6" gutters installed with Leaf Relief, came home and seen the dipshit took down my 4" and put new 4" back up.

My buddy owns the company and he fired the guy, it was only 280 feet of wasted material.
It pays to read the work order.

Which beach?

Never saw stuff like that on our MA beaches.

Taking kids down to VA Beach, Hilton Head next week, they would have a blast if such were able to be found.
These were found on Atlantic Beach on North Myrtle. Some were dug up, some were found during the tide transition as they were uncovered. We have found some in Wilmington on several beaches also. Beach combers are pretty quick in picking these up so gotta keep an eye out early for ones laying on top.
Here are some we found last year or so on same beaches.
5B6BB715-0869-4202-BAF6-99F8B89F6F96.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb
These were found on Atlantic Beach on North Myrtle. Some were dug up, some were found during the tide transition as they were uncovered. We have found some in Wilmington on several beaches also. Beach combers are pretty quick in picking these up so gotta keep an eye out early for ones laying on top.

I'll be letting kids know.

I understand in the rivers down that way Megladon teeth are frequently encountered.

Ever find any of those?

Middle big one in your pic looks kind of Megly.

Edit add......they all actually look to be fossils with that polish and black coloring.

My daughters Meg tooth......

image.jpg

I had 6" gutters installed with Leaf Relief, came home and seen the dipshit took down my 4" and put new 4" back up.

My buddy owns the company and he fired the guy, it was only 280 feet of wasted material.
It pays to read the work order.

It's probably just me, but I'm trying to envision this. You had 6" gutters with Leaf Relief, then someone took down some other gutters that were 4", wait, I just read it again. Ok, so you were "Supposed" to have 6" installed, but when you came home they replaced the existing 4" with 'new' 4", not actually installed the 6" you ordered. Whew.

280' of material ! Ya Pal, you're fired. :LOL:

I think I paid $60 for my daughters and thought that a great deal for a good sized tooth.

They can get speedy for nice big palm sized specimens.
Never dig up any Meg teef. I bought my wife one that was found off the NC coast though. It is 4-5 inches and looks cool.
The big ones in the pic is about quarter size. Maybe Great White ?
57A260D7-CBC3-497D-B457-DAD9324FA874.jpeg

Last edited:
It's probably just me, but I'm trying to envision this. You had 6" gutters with Leaf Relief, then someone took down some other gutters that were 4", wait, I just read it again. Ok, so you were "Supposed" to have 6" installed, but when you came home they replaced the existing 4" with 'new' 4", not actually installed the 6" you ordered. Whew.

280' of material ! Ya Pal, you're fired. :LOL:
Yes,he didn't read the order,he took 4 down and installed 4 back.

• Angry