• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

She's a Big Bitch! 😋😆

20201028_091404.jpg
20201030_100751.jpg
20201030_100804.jpg
20201030_100818.jpg
20201030_100832.jpg

Skwerl Security is no laughing matter!

Appears to me you've elected the "Wide Body". I on the other hand went for Bertha, the "Super Wide Body". Dat Bitch is 50" Wide and damn near 900lbs ! She Big!
Is it sad that I didn’t know for sure what model I had, and had to go look at it? It is in fact a super wide body 80 gun.

Reactions: 1J04
Is it sad that I didn’t know for sure what model I had, and had to go look at it? It is in fact a super wide body 80 gun.

No. Only thing that's sad is we don't have 2 of them each! Now that's sad! Hmm must be the angle of the dangle. But good on ya for getting the Super Wide Bitch, cuz, why wouldn't you? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
No. Only thing that's sad is we don't have 2 of them each! Now that's sad! Hmm must be the angle of the dangle. But good on ya for getting the Super Wide Bitch, cuz, why wouldn't you? :ROFLMAO:
Did you say wide body? Maybe earn one of these?
A0AA3AF9-B3EB-42B5-B277-DC395FA04CA7.jpeg

Took the old girl for a spin (figuratively) this afternoon. 70 degrees and only 13 mph winds. Tonight’s question is, post landing, what’s wrong with the aircraft in question? The pilots side door and window open don’t count. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.
0B1586EE-32C1-4A6B-8316-EA92D840FCA6.jpeg

Took the old girl for a spin (figuratively) this afternoon. 70 degrees and only 13 mph winds. Tonight’s question is, post landing, what’s wrong with the aircraft in question? The pilots side door and window open don’t count. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.
View attachment 7462521
It's not Draco?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Reactions: tnichols
View attachment 7462521
Well I don’t see any hard mounting points and not a single gun😜

Can't zoom in very well, but your cowling latches don't look like they match.

The left side leading edge looks out of round.
Bird strike?

View attachment 7462521
Can’t remember seeing many registration numbers that end in “N”. At any rate, for being a 1948 140, that plane looks pretty good to me. Maybe getting close to hours on your engine?

View attachment 7462521

Like the rounded tail control surfaces.....to me when I see it its a sign of an older airplane.

I know nothing of planes but I do know that more recent manufacture uses a straight cut rudder/elevators.

Any reason why that is?

Can't zoom in very well, but your cowling latches don't look like they match.

The left side leading edge looks out of round.
Bird strike?
We have a winner! Aft left cowling latch became unlatched in flight. Goes in for its annual inspection this month, so, we’ll add that to the list. It’s adjustable.

Can’t remember seeing many registration numbers that end in “N”. At any rate, for being a 1948 140, that plane looks pretty good to me. Maybe getting close to hours on your engine?
An N number can end with an actual number or one or two letters. You were really close on model years as this is a 1947. Engine is relatively low time. Less than 400 hours SMOH.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
An N number can end with an actual number or one or two letters. You were really close on model years as this is a 1947. Engine is relatively low time. Less than 400 hours SMOH.

How about the tail design......any aeronautical engineers out there?

Why is the rounded edge control surface an older design replaced by the straight edge?

Like the rounded tail control surfaces.....to me when I see it its a sign of an older airplane.

I know nothing of planes but I do know that more recent manufacture uses a straight cut rudder/elevators.

Any reason why that is?
Round tail feathers were popular in that era. Why the change to the squarish horizontal and vertical stabilizers, rudder, and elevator is beyond me. I’m not that well versed on aircraft history. Could be pure aesthetics or an aerodynamic reason.

Reactions: pmclaine
Round tail feathers were popular in that era. Why the change to the squarish horizontal and vertical stabilizers, rudder, and elevator is beyond me. I’m not that well versed on aircraft history. Could be pure aesthetics or an aerodynamic reason.

I guess it does look more "jet age" kind of reminds me of the Mustang tail to have the "straight" edges while round kind of recalls biplanes - the Sopwith Camel or a Fokker.

Looks to
View attachment 7462521
Looks to me like the aft cowl latch in unlatched/gone. That’s a nice looking airplane. I’m a little jealous.

in a previous lifetime, when paper pics were still more common than digital, I was building time in this:View attachment 7462770
I always wanted a 120/140...maybe the right 170.
120/140’s are kinda fun and reasonably affordable. Keep you honest on a hard surface runway for sure. Clean, low time ones are getting tough to find. My dad was a Cessna dealer for years. In the late 60’s he had a beautiful 170. Polished aluminum with red trim. I’ll see if I can find a picture of it. He still regrets selling it. He’s 91 now.

Reactions: Barneybdb
@gunjunkie45 - that's pretty cute! Looks like Gus won't catch Hank until about 2 at this rate..... 😁

@tnichols - thats awesome!! Ty (and his old man) should be super proud! Podium as a Sophomore at state is nothing to scoff at.
And yeah, training for that level just varies throughout the rest of the year, but never is really in "off" mode.
Running a 17.25 in heavy wind is freaking amazing. I think I can get about a 45 min 3.1 miles if its really calm and Im having a good day.... ;)

I graduated high school at 5'7" and 129. Now I am no taller, but a bit rounder..... Waist went from 29" to 31" in 22 yrs :cautious:
The boys had a check up today. Hank is 17 lbs 15.2 oz and Gus is 13 lbs 4 oz. Got the go ahead to start solid food so they both had a taste of baby cereal tonight. Doing awesome considering 6 months ago they were 3.5 and 2.5ish lbs. Hank is actually in the 50th percentile for full term babies and Gus is just under the curve. They were close to 3 months early.
20201104_180522.jpg

You are correct. It was the left aft cowl latch. @Mike Casselton beat you to it. Thanks.
Know you already got it but.......

Tailwheel doesn't lock like an H395 and it doesn't have a PT6A-27 like a PC-6........ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and as far as Patey, did you see this ?

Tits and man hands.....yay......What were you thinking ? :unsure::eek:

IMG_1802.jpg

Took the bike out after probably a year or more since the last real ride, aside from putting around the street with the kid. I jetted it for the higher elevation of where it is now and just had the brakes done yesterday as they had gone mushy from lack of use. I get about 6 miles from the truck (was really only looking for long range shooting spots so lots of stopping, fortunately..), stopped to take this pic and tell my buddy how great the bike was running. Jump on it, kick it over and twist the throttle when it goes completely slack. Give it a once over and see the throttle cable dangling on top of the carb. After cursing as loud as I ever have, since no one was around to hear it, i was able to walk/coast it down hill about two miles where I found someone shooting a new RPR 300WM across the dry lake bed here. He offered to take me back to my truck (sure beats hiking 4+ miles in motorx gear) and let me shoot his rifle Managed to put about a 2" group at 450 yards, not bad lol. Anyway, bike is sitting out in the desert over night since it was dark by the time I got back to my truck. Hopefully its still there in the morning, ugh.

Last edited:
View attachment 7463328

Took the bike out after probably a year or more since the last real ride, aside from putting around the street with the kid. I jetted it for the higher elevation of where it is now and just had the brakes done yesterday as they had gone mushy from lack of use. I get about 6 miles from the truck (was really only looking for long range shooting spots so lots of stopping, fortunately..), stopped to take this pic and tell my buddy how great the bike was running. Jump on it, kick it over and twist the throttle when it goes completely slack. Give it a once over and see the throttle cable dangling on top of the carb. After cursing as loud as I ever have, since no one was around to hear it, i was able to walk/coast it down hill about two miles where I found someone shooting a new RPR 300WM across the dry lake bed here. He offered to take me back to my truck (sure beats hiking 4+ miles in motorx gear) and let me shoot his rifle Managed to put about a 2" group at 450 yards, not bad lol. Anyway, bike is sitting out in the desert over night since it was dark by the time I got back to my truck. Hopefully its still there in the morning, ugh.
Was the throttle cable broken or just came out of the retainer in the slide? Did the shop do the jetting?

Was the throttle cable broken or just came out of the retainer in the slide? Did the shop do the jetting?

out of the retainer, the little...doo dad...at the end of the cable is still attached. This one is on me, i did it in my garage.

The JD Jetting kit settings were spot on tho at least, it rips....well, ripped i guess, ugh :confused:

out of the retainer, the little...doo dad...at the end of the cable is still attached. This one is on me, i did it in my garage.

The JD Jetting kit settings were spot on tho at least, it rips....well, ripped i guess, ugh :confused:
JD has done his homework on his needle profiles and jets. The Beta can't be that hard to work on, the factory tool kit should have all you need to pull the carb and reattach the cable. ;)

KTM functional engineering at it's best! '08 450XCF, the two-strokes were simpler yet.

IMGP5257-XL.jpg

JD has done his homework on his needle profiles and jets. The Beta can't be that hard to work on, the factory tool kit should have all you need to pull the carb and reattach the cable. ;)

KTM functional engineering at it's best! '08 450XCF, the two-strokes were simpler yet.

IMGP5257-XL.jpg

Yeah, its super easy to work on, I just have to loosen some clamps and can turn it towards me to get to the carb. Its a '14 so not full of silly tech I don't want.

Nice KTM, my buddy has a 07ish 300xc, great bike.

Reactions: Sieg