• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Thanks. I believe my youngest would keep her in the house if we let her!
Heh! You just brought back fond memories of my old heading horse. He'd come look in the kitchen window after breakfast because he knew Mom always saved him a biscuit. She'd open the kitchen door and he'd step riiiight up to the threshold and lean into the breakfast room as far as he could without stepping over the line (head nearly over the table). He'd look around at us and wish us a fine day as he munched his biscuit (or three). I sure miss that dude.

@vh20 they definitely have unique personalities. The barn where this one is currently housed is like walking around the world and meeting many different people.

Reactions: Barneybdb and vh20
I've always had sore knees, and over the years really did nothing to prevent damage. Getting bucked off motorcycles and horses, kicked by beeves of all sizes, leading a mostly physical lifestyle all contributed to knee damage.

So it came as no surprise in 2012 I needed replacements. Something call a bilateral partial knee replacement was installed. Basically, the inside half if both knees were replaced with steel and plastic. 90 days of intense rehab, back to work. However, the inflammation never really went away, always carried some fluid in the joint, and it never went away. Indeed, over the years it started getting worse.

Fast forward to 10/2020. One evening the right knee started to stiffen up, and swell. Really swell!. Went to the local ER, got a hand full of painkillers. Made arrangements to see my ortho surgeon ASAP. Saw him 4 days later, he drew off 80 cc's of blood and put me in the rotation for a full knee replacement. Had that installed yesterday, got home about a hour ago.

20201117_105216.jpg

I think it's pretty sexy myself. Plan is let this heal, get some mobility and strength back then do the left knee. Right now mobility is great with only a cane, start rehab in a couple of days. Way better shape this time than 2012.

It has been a year here at my casa.

Last edited:
That’s a tough stoke of crap. The Rona shit needs to end for everyone’s sake. We need to like we’ve had a virus before and get on with life.
Cash is ready. Been doing most practice with the 22 but have got plenty of rounds through the 300blk as well. View attachment 7472369
Buzz doesn’t really have the hunting bug. He’s getting to the age where chasing a different kind of tail is on his mind.
Split tail!

Reactions: Geno C.
It’s separate house is on one ac. The rest is ag. Land on taxes.
Since the house is now hopefully worth enough to refinance I’ll be going from 4.25 arm loan to 2.875 fixed. Really nervous.
I bought the land for 124k on a 20 year at 4.65 then the divorce I had to refinance to pay her the 10k they said I owed her. I had paid cash for the basement of the house and had planned to add the upstairs. So when I got divorced I added the upstairs and took out a bigger loan. If I sold house and land right now I’d walk away with 180-200k cash. But no banks or credit union will loan on that value it’s completely stupid.
Hope that makes since.
@Geno C. tell that boy that tail is dangerous
See if you have a Farm Credit in your area. Lending on acreage is their business. Most banks don't want to loan on property.

I've always had sore knees, and over the years really did nothing to prevent damage. Getting bucked off motorcycles and horses, kicked by beeves of all sizes, leading a mostly physical lifestyle all contributed to knee damage.

So it came as no surprise in 2012 I needed replacements. Something call a bilateral partial knee replacement was installed. Basically, the inside half if both knees were replaced with steel and plastic. 90 days of intense rehab, back to work. However, the inflammation never really went away, always carried some fluid in the joint, and it never went away. Indeed, over the years it started getting worse.

Fast forward to 10/2020. One evening the right knee started to stiffen up, and swell. Really swell!. Went to the local ER, got a hand full of painkillers. Made arrangements to see my ortho surgeon ASAP. Saw him 4 days later, he drew off 80 cc's of blood and put me in the rotation for a full knee replacement. Had that installed yesterday, got home about a hour ago.

View attachment 7474547

I think it's pretty sexy myself. Plan is let this heal, get some mobility and strength back then do the left knee. Right now mobility is great with only a cane, start rehab in a couple of days. Way better shape this time than 2012.

It has been a year here at my casa.
Get em done, 20 years of hockey, forced me to get new ones, no regrets. Do the rehab and then some....

@Thud fortunately I know how to tie shoes. If I ever forget how, I will just walk around with them untied.

@barneybdb no paint in the near future, I like the patina look. She is garage kept and 99% rust free, so no rush, but will eventually wet sand and maybe try some clear finish.

@Jscb1b you win! Points went out, so I installed a Pertronix flamethrower ignition and coil. Started getting back together and snapped my throttle cable so have to order a new one. Good opportunity to get some other new parts for the next go round tune up and oil change.

Reactions: Barneybdb
My original response was going to be "damn, need to drop the engine again" but having done that a few times, tried to make a smart comment.....
Next time this block gets dropped, it will go to the burn pile so I can watch a nice magnesium fire. It will be replaced by a new aluminum block with 92 or 94mm pistons and all new components.

1505 yards late yesterday with the new AXMC (first time past 1070). Berger 300gr factory ammo. 5 hits from 11 rounds - First 3 were wasted because the Kestrel solution was too high and you don't get to spot misses in green grass, trees, and wet Alabama soil. Finally GUESSED the solution right then spent two more doping the wind (on right "witness" plate). Finally, put 5 of the last 6 on the target, with the last 4 being consecutive. The witness plates were my solution to spotting wind-call misses in our terrain where you never get to see them splash. Ammo is very accurate in closer, but for this 11-string shot AVG - 2712, ES - 44, SD - 11.1. Meh...
IMG_5282.jpg

In closer where ES/SD has less effect the ammo performs very nice. Two days earlier I raced dark to take it out to some distance for the first time after establishing a Zero with this ammo. Only had time to send 5 - Two shots at 740 just to confirm things were working, then 3-shot group at 1070. They went into 6-3/4". Rifle seems to be performing. 1070 target:
IMG_5281.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to an invite from a close friend, I hunted Alabama's deer opener for the first time since I moved away after the 1994 season.

Nothing moved until 7:15, then it got interesting.

The second double main beam buck I have ever seen walked out with a buddy. He earned a 165 grain reward!

1606086770955.png

1606086793285.png

1606086825245.png

Then, while I was taking pics and admiring him, I heard this guy coming through the woods -

1606086909898.png

Pig is bigger than he looks. Pig weighed just over 150, buck was a solid 180 lbs.

Spent a few hours up the river today, just after we arrived this guy decides to help himself to the bait....

IMG20201123121321.jpg

Was persistant....

IMG20201123122804.jpg

Chased off.....

IMG20201123121759.jpg

So he comes back with reinforcements....

IMG20201123115031.jpg

We did manage to catch a few fish....

IMG20201123143230.jpg
IMG20201123143245.jpg

IMG20201123153632.jpg

These guys spent the whole day just sitting there in the tree, very unusual for them, when I looked closer, out of shot at the base of the tree was their dead mate. I think they were keeping watch...

IMG20201123124039.jpg

Last edited: