• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

8 hours of work, 8 hours of rest

E

IMG_20210124_152304868.jpg

So, did you just hide inside by the fire, smoke cigars, and drink bourbon?

Or did those sallies of SoCal get out and shoot?;)

Prolly messed up that delicate pea shooter you are toting around though, right?

Hi,

Waiting to depart San Diego...

Only when Hoplite Arms visits SD does it rain every single day.

So much for SD having great weather, lol..it has been raining, snow flurries and freaking cold the entire week.

View attachment 7537176

Sincerely,
Theis
Did you score a bunch of United's hand sanitizing wipes? They're awesome. Or at least smell like they could actually kill a germ.

My daughter was over last Sunday for lunch and Gun Day and really liked my little 300 BLKOUT rifle.
i-BDCHwTt-L.jpg

So I built her a .223 pistol out of spare parts except of course the receiver that must be virgin. What a stupid rule *#@*&.

i-9sgJKLV-L.jpg

i-Vj78xfS-M.jpg

Anyway she'll be surprised next week!
i-dWsCMgg-L.jpg

i-wcw6gQn-XL.jpg

Last edited:
50yd zero is done, left me 17.5 mils to play with. Should be no issue getting the 14 or so mils needed for 300 yards.

Attachments

• 60962815-005B-4631-8E65-F515FEABFC93.jpeg
    60962815-005B-4631-8E65-F515FEABFC93.jpeg
    660 KB · Views: 52
  • 24A04E87-D58E-495C-86ED-74BE7256FB88.jpeg
    24A04E87-D58E-495C-86ED-74BE7256FB88.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
This was my view first thing this morning.

It was 3* this morning and I had to go out to unfreeze the well pump's pressure switch. One of the lights I use to keep the pump house warm burned out and allowed the temp to fall too much. Other then heading out in the cold it was an easy fix. The finger sized pipe the gauge and switch are mounted to had frozen and it quickly thawed with just the heat from my bare hand.

zc8mr70.jpg

-5 when I left the house this morning. Moon was almost as bright as the sun. Unedited pic from my phone tooView attachment 7540192

Moon is amazing right now.

Air is so crisp it must be German Schott air.

If you live in the country with any snow cover and you are in the minus degree zone you will be able to read a book outside with no light added.

I have had good blends and bad blends.
Same as single malts.

I just go by taste.

Like women.
I prefer one the curvy variety, blue eyes, and long pretty hair, but if one who is a size 2 with shorter hair says hello, I will let her buy me a drink.
Same for a little bigger than normal. She may be smart and sweet and the nicest lady ever.

but they all have to like fart jokes. Thats a deal breaker. 😁

I have had good blends and bad blends.
Same as single malts.

I just go by taste.

Like women.
I prefer one the curvy variety, blue eyes, and long pretty hair, but if one who is a size 2 with shorter hair says hello, I will let her buy me a drink.
Same for a little bigger than normal. She may be smart and sweet and the nicest lady ever.

but they all have to like fart jokes. Thats a deal breaker. 😁
Remind me to never introduce you to my wife. Short and chunky with curly hair, smartest, funniest, and kindest woman I've ever met.

Your post about your wife and mine about Hank and Gus hit within seconds of each other.

I just like babies and pics.
Weird for a dude I know. I like their innocence and the funny stuff they do.
they fuss and cry and have no attitude and whining That comes later.... 😁

No neighbors to take care of that in your beautiful place till you’re on top of everythi

thats crap.

Thats just one of many things wrong these days.

Wondering how you are fairing now that radiation has been over a bit? Taste returning at all?

When your wife flexes on you from work as she drives her warship past the apartment..

^^^^ How far does that beast throw it? More stuff just passed through here headed your way, not much here though

No neighbors to take care of that in your beautiful place till you’re on top of everythi

thats crap.

Thats just one of many things wrong these days.

Wondering how you are fairing now that radiation has been over a bit? Taste returning at all?
I was just whining. :) I'm sure the neighbors would help if needed, but my son is available and son-in-law lives next door. I need a 60" version of what @tnichols has for my Kubota; then I could move some serious snow, even in my current condition. Every time I think of buying one, we have a winter like this and when you have a real winter they can't be found. I should quit procrastinating.

Taste hasn't started returning and neuropathy is getting worse. I was hoping to see some improvement but none so far. It's only been a week since last radiation but almost two months since last chemo. Docs say it could take weeks, months or years. At least I'll have something to blame my poor shooting on. :LOL:

I was just whining. :) I'm sure the neighbors would help if needed, but my son is available and son-in-law lives next door. I need a 60" version of what @tnichols has for my Kubota; then I could move some serious snow, even in my current condition. Every time I think of buying one, we have a winter like this and when you have a real winter they can't be found. I should quit procrastinating.

Taste hasn't started returning and neuropathy is getting worse. I was hoping to see some improvement but none so far. It's only been a week since last radiation but almost two months since last chemo. Docs say it could take weeks, months or years. At least I'll have something to blame my poor shooting on. :LOL:
Does your Kubota have a mid PTO? And do they make a front mount 3 point hitch for your tractor? Both are needed for a front mounted blower.

I would change 2 things if I were doing this again. First, I would get a 72” vs the 60” that I have (I don’t know if they offered that, just wishing). It would give you more room when backing out of your first pass or working around corners so you’re not running over what you haven’t been through yet with the rear wheels.

Second, I would like to be able to change the chute deflector angle hydraulically from the cab. It would be handy when working in tight spots or around buildings, houses, etc... I believe New Holland offers this feature on their front mount.

I wish you continued improvement with your recovery and many more years to enjoy that beautiful country you live in.

^^^^ How far does that beast throw it? More stuff just passed through here headed your way, not much here though
Kinda depends on the moisture content of the snow, and what chute deflector angle you’re running. Probably 30’ plus if you got into the right kind of snow. My big Ariens walk behind will do 50’ easy. I’m not kidding. If I remember correctly, it’s a 414cc engine and they have the impeller speed just right. It goes high and far. Kinda’ fun 😊.
FF89F223-757B-4C38-891E-0266B91B73D1.jpeg

That’s a beast! The one thing I won’t give up on a snowblower again is a thumb switch to turn the chute. Never have to take your hands off the handles at all

Reactions: powdahound76