Maggie’s  What's Your View II

91Eunozs

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2013
    south central Texas

that’s actually not a half bad bourbon... still prefer pretty much anything from Buffalo Trace though; Blanton‘s if I can find it. Used to buy it by the case, but it got popular a few years back and now have to special order it. Down to my last couple bottles...

i-XrfFBvn.jpg

i-mhBbwTZ.jpg

Reactions: barneybdb

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    that’s actually not a half bad bourbon... still prefer pretty much anything from Buffalo Trace though; Blanton‘s if I can find it. Used to buy it by the case, but it got popular a few years back and now have to special order it. Down to my last couple bottles...

i-XrfFBvn.jpg

i-mhBbwTZ.jpg
    Those taste better when you open them 😂

91Eunozs

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2013
    south central Texas
    Those taste better when you open them 😂
    Those little Blanton’s hand grenades get demolished pretty damn fast around here... Cracked open my last bottle of EH Taylor the other night to toast my son’s future father in law (son’s fiance’s dad...LOL). He may actually like bourbon more than me if that’s even possible.

i-rzCNPrB.jpg

For another semi-reasonably priced bourbon that is good and that you can actually find, the Jeff’s Ocean cask is hit or miss for me. Had one that was great, then another that was at best”meh”... The latest batch on shelves around here ‘Voyage 23’ is outfriggingstanding though. Get some while the gettin’s good.

i-tCmG3hR.jpg

OT:

i-NtJGnxN.jpg

Reactions: Geno C.

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    More unopened bottles?! 😝 that Blantons is older than any I have left for sure. They don’t live that long on my bar. Buddy sent me a Jefferson’s a couple weeks ago that I haven’t cracked open yet. I agree they are hit or miss. The rye they just released is supposed to be awesome though

Reactions: 91Eunozs

91Eunozs

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2013
    south central Texas
    More unopened bottles?! 😝 that Blantons is older than any I have left for sure. They don’t live that long on my bar. Buddy sent me a Jefferson’s a couple weeks ago that I haven’t cracked open yet. I agree they are hit or miss. The rye they just released is supposed to be awesome though
    Will give that a try...I go through a fair bit of rye in Old Fashioned‘s.

If you want to get bummed out along with me, check out this pic my buddy sent me when I told him I was down to my last two bottles and a finger or two in a third:

i-v9R9JqJ.jpg

bastard... LOL

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    It’s not super hard for me to get a bottle. There are others that are as good or better also. Funny thing is, ER is just older Blantons and usually beats it on a blind test for most people I’ve had try them

Reactions: 91Eunozs

Nodakplowboy

Left behind, for awhile.
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 4, 2017
    First of many clippings for the pile. More east coast rain hovering today, so might not get much done. Sunk the tractor and brushhog, so no cutting today. View attachment 7605115
    Hook a chain on some of those rain clouds and pull them my way. We'll pay milage, beer, liquor or cash, your choice.
    Edit to add no ammo, sorry.

Bryan W M

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 31, 2011
    East KS
    Picked up a new knife this week.
    Got really lucky and got it a block from my parents house. So I had good tools and a jack. Not the factory crap.
    68C5E51F-ADB0-478E-8CEA-DE01436EACEE.jpeg
    Saturday morning my son and I spent over 2 hours waiting for them to replace the tire. So much for making an appointment.

tnichols

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 23, 2010
    Morley IA
    New gadget in the shop. This particular mower always made me anxious pulling blades to sharpen. Couldn’t get it high enough for efficient and safe work. I’ve made it this far, I’m not gonna die or suffer with 1,100+ lbs on top of me if it came off the jack. MoJack worked as advertised. I have no complaints.
    07947DEC-DE18-4E68-8463-0F19A1099E95.jpeg

Bullfrog08

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Dec 6, 2018
    New gadget in the shop. This particular mower always made me anxious pulling blades to sharpen. Couldn’t get it high enough for efficient and safe work. I’ve made it this far, I’m not gonna die or suffer with 1,100+ lbs on top of me if it came off the jack. MoJack worked as advertised. I have no complaints.
    View attachment 7607480
    You can take that deck off in about the same amount of time it took to strap it down.

roostercogburn98

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 3, 2010
    View attachment 7607480
    I figured you’d have a pallet jack for your 3 point and just lift stuff that way using the big tractor

Reactions: tnichols

oneshot86

PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 13, 2001
    citrus park ,fl
    View attachment 7607480
    Very nice, and nice clean shop.
    Tell the truth, how many things did you pick up so far?
    You picked the kids up didn't you?😆😆😆

Badfinger

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Aug 11, 2013
    S/W Ohio
    View attachment 7607480
    I totally agree and would have to remove the mowing deck on my JD to sharpen blades. I bit the bullet a couple of years ago, much safer and easier too!

IMG_2824-001-L.jpg

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2017
    Enon Louisiana
    hoplitearms.com
    How many do you have invoiced and awaiting import approval is the question. Hopefully at least a conex full.

Hi,

As "bad" as some of the Customs Inspectors are I am pretty sure not even they would sign off on those being Daniel Defense; so they just be impounded.

Even the Customs inspector that asked if he could use Para Ordnance magazines in his issued Glock because he found some at good price online would catch that paperwork issue during entry inspections lol.....

Sincerely,
    Theis

hangunnr

Team Shutupnshoot
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 7, 2002
    Indiana
    Managed to slip out of work for a play day today.

Nice morning, never hunted spring birds in the snow.

hhBxqv.jpg

Birds read the script.

SgmYM3.jpg

Took a run out to the farm last weekend to try to locate the birds and took this craptacular pic thru my binocs.

Jx2tgw.jpg

There were actually 6 toms out in the same field competing for the attention of 3 hens.

roostercogburn98

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 3, 2010
    Managed to slip out of work for a play day today.

Nice morning, never hunted spring birds in the snow.

hhBxqv.jpg

Birds read the script.

SgmYM3.jpg

Took a run out to the farm last weekend to try to locate the birds and took this craptacular pic thru my binocs.

Jx2tgw.jpg

There were actually 6 toms out in the same field competing for the attention of 3 hens.
    Buddy killed a turkey the other day here in NC. In all my life, I’ve never hunted them but lately been thinking about trying it.

91Eunozs

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2013
    south central Texas

that’s what I’ll do later! Managed to score some small rifle primers and H110 powder at Cabela’s... might load up some 300BLK after I finish this second shaker of whiskey sours we just mixed up.

what could possibly go wrong! :LOL:

I’ll load them up in a gumball machine and sell ‘em for $0.25 each with a sign “loaded while drinkin’ whiskey and watching F1”

Bryan W M

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 31, 2011
    East KS
    B2869A88-EFAB-4ABF-A5C0-B0E01ADDB3EC.jpeg
    Up camping outside of Warsaw MO. Wife is in a wedding today.
    So I dropped her off with the girls and I went fishing.
    Use to come here every year in October for my birthday with my grandfather and aunt and uncle. Men always went fishing below the dam . Grandfather past in 07 haven’t been since.

anyone know any good gun shops or tackle places let me know!