Maggie’s  What's Your View II

DarnYankeeUSMC

McCarthy Was Right
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2012
    In your head
    My tool box is not the most organized box by any imagination. But I am ritualistic about putting my tools back in the box. I sorta have a visual memory so I know where everything is in the toolbox. When I started the engine swap I decided to put every tool that I used in a pile on the floor. The old engine is out and I have been redoing the brake lines and repairing wiring. The heater fan was shorted and I spent a day removing the heater core and repairing the shorted wire and reinstalling it.
    This is all the tools I have used so far.
    PXL_20210415_204204816.jpg
    Seems like I have used more than this to change a bicycle tire.

DarnYankeeUSMC

McCarthy Was Right
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2012
    In your head
    I am kinda OCD about some stuff. I bag and tag almost everything as it's removed. I do take everything off the motor even though it's not necessary.
    I have helped someone that was a hack and slash remover. The motor and transmission were out in about an hour but I just can't bring myself to do it that way.
    If you were only removing things you could have got by with just one or two of them.....

Reactions: barneybdb

roostercogburn98

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 3, 2010
    My tool box is not the most organized box by any imagination. But I am ritualistic about putting my tools back in the box. I sorta have a visual memory so I know where everything is in the toolbox. When I started the engine swap I decided to put every tool that I used in a pile on the floor. The old engine is out and I have been redoing the brake lines and repairing wiring. The heater fan was shorted and I spent a day removing the heater core and repairing the shorted wire and reinstalling it.
    This is all the tools I have used so far.
    View attachment 7612223
    Seems like I have used more than this to change a bicycle tire.
    Car taker aparter(that’s a technical term in the repair biz)
    8C329E46-B82F-49C3-B505-430DCDA37F57.jpeg

DarnYankeeUSMC

McCarthy Was Right
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2012
    In your head
    Finally got the brakes sorted out. A master cylinder from a late model chevrolet with a manual proportion valve. New lines to all corners and the conversion to disc up front.
    PXL_20210501_144717749.jpg
    Tomorrow it's off to the welding shop to get a transmission crossmember fabricated. The new aluminum radiator is on the way so it won't be long before the new engine and transmission go in. Measurements on the new transmission compared to the old one leaves me a couple inches short for the driveshaft. So that's going to need attention.

roostercogburn98

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 3, 2010
    Stepped outside for some fresh air, looked into the sky and watched a steady string of lights blaze across the sky. Guessing it was the new starlink, or whatever they call it. Sorry for the crappy photo but my cell cam was all I had.
    A7CC53E7-92EE-4FFB-ADC6-CA8F9A3E80B8.jpeg

roostercogburn98

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 3, 2010
    Maybe it was the China rocket?
    That was my first thought but i did some digging and this is characteristic of his starlink so I’m sure that’s what it was. Apparently he has been playing with the amount of light they satellites reflect lately cause it has been messing with astronomers. There have been three or four sightings in the last few months.

Hell, I thought it was aliens

Reactions: powdahound76