• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

20211229_065358.jpg

(mumbling to myself)
"I chose to live here, I chose to live here..".

@Nodakplowboy Is it true the four seasons in ND are June, July, August, and Winter?
The guy I have to share my office with grew up in Fargo.
East of the Red the Minne-sota folks say there's 2 seasons; road construction and winter. I like your comparison better.

Several years ago when we had a house full of little kids, there was an unusually cold summer. Turned the heat off first part of July, back on latter part of August. Kids and the Child Bride were freezing. Short AC season, looong heating season. I heat with LP,currently selling for $2.10. Going to be a long winter.

Spent my day off detailing my Jeep a gave it a fresh coat of turtle wax hybrid ceramic polish & wax. Time to get it dirty again! Lol!

Attachments

• 8135468C-BD42-44DF-9D38-DBABB8928F4A.jpeg
    8135468C-BD42-44DF-9D38-DBABB8928F4A.jpeg
    592.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 5BB97943-C2B7-4423-8880-2A8CBCC04764.jpeg
    5BB97943-C2B7-4423-8880-2A8CBCC04764.jpeg
    636.8 KB · Views: 30
  • C3F42E35-B1E6-41B3-8B27-0DACC2A8A3DB.jpeg
    C3F42E35-B1E6-41B3-8B27-0DACC2A8A3DB.jpeg
    655.9 KB · Views: 35
I found this in my barn today. Anybody know what it is or what it's used for?

i-k3bZXJH-XL.jpg

Extended:

i-NV8pcb4-XL.jpg

Reminds me of a dent puller, maybe for a model T :ROFLMAO: or for fencing like a staple puller......

i-k3bZXJH-XL.jpg

Extended:

i-NV8pcb4-XL.jpg

Reminds me of a dent puller, maybe for a model T :ROFLMAO: or for fencing like a staple puller......
Looks like a nail puller to me too.

Looks like Crescent and Bridgeport brands exist. Slide hammer nail puller. Did a search for "antique nail puller" and pulled up lots.

i-k3bZXJH-XL.jpg

Extended:

i-NV8pcb4-XL.jpg

I'm guessing it's for cutting fence wire.

Put the hook under the wire, push against the foot, Jaws close, wire cut.

Reactions: Badfinger
Had a piece stick to the side of my face once when I was a young knuckle dragger. Hours on an ambush line and then that shit happens, not a happy camper

I will never wear shorts to a rifle range again no matter how hot.

At a NRA style event guy next to me was shooting a Garand with some hot Austrian ammo.

My HXP brass coming out of my Garand was warm but not insane. His Austrian shit was coming out of the rifle annealed.

I rolled on one of his hot brass pieces on the inside of my right leg but he knee. I had a three inch brand just about all summer......dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
I could write a short book on left side barricade stories (handgun) as an RO and participant.

Probably the best was ROing a gal as she was left side barricade. Mid string, she stopped, cleared out and holstered rather quickly with no commands from me. Then screamed and ripped her shooting glasses off (she was not wearing a ball cap). 9mm brass was laying on her right eyelid. She handled it like a stud. Very safe and professional.

I could write a short book on left side barricade stories (handgun) as an RO and participant.

Probably the best was ROing a gal as she was left side barricade. Mid string, she stopped, cleared out and holstered rather quickly with no commands from me. Then screamed and ripped her shooting glasses off (she was not wearing a ball cap). 9mm brass was laying on her right eyelid. She handled it like a stud. Very safe and professional.
Before I read "right eyelid", I heard "left tittie".......;):LOL:

Cold. Very, very, cold.

32EEBCCF-69D6-4BEC-8A26-CD61736384EC.png

But when we checked in, the lady at the front desk gave us a room that someone was currently in so she gave us a lakeside view.
Glad they weren’t in the room when we walked in.

C6D50384-0F72-4E5B-8B41-E349D423DE08.jpeg

The fishing wasn’t great, the weather was miserable, but I’m definitely coming back to this part of the state for more fishing.

First time in years I’m not hunting today. Yesterday was 60 today 18 we had freezing rain and sleet would have been a great day. Inside with the little guy.
594367B8-5817-432E-A9BA-0B3C3537E578.jpeg

A70C485C-6232-4F06-B5A6-1E807CACC0D7.jpeg

My grandfather was the one to teach me to reload , you guys have continued the education.
First time I used the ideal to put in primers I had to use two hands to seat it. I still use only ideal set for the 300wbymag. The 270 dies stopped giving me good brass .
The table was my grandfathers all holiday meals were at this table. Also learned 21 and rummy at this table lots of great memories.

@tnichols;
I'm glad to see the snow we Fed-Exed to you folks arrived. Enjoy, you are most welcome!
Now if I could just figure out how to ship minus cold and windchill.
Ok, ok! Stop with the shipments. Coming down at about an inch and hour and has been since noon. Guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow 😊

Pictures or it didn't happen.
Cold front came through N Texas a few hours ago 70 degrees to 34 in 30 minutes.

Obligatory stew on the stove now.
Looking out onto the deck. @schroed62 honey hole towards the Ammo Eater. Not the best pic, but you get the idea. Probably 6-8” of new. Temp hanging in there at 10 degrees.
523B4288-4767-4707-926A-A948037749BF.jpeg

I concur that is snow.

Have 25 degrees and flurries in the next county.

Not much of a comparison but remember last year when cold and a 4 inch snow shut the State of Texas down.

What an embarrassment.
I hope they put some insulation on our electric plants. (Dumbasses).

I've been in snow country and actually a couple of blizzards.
Training base in Illinois winter of 77, shut the state, the base, the chow hall and all training down.

I hate marching in the snow. Lol

I didn't realize it was right by Soldier field and there's a Bears game today. What a traffic cluster fuck.

Turns out we're not going. They use the aquarium for game day parking and I'd have to park 5 miles away and walk my 19 month old twins in 10 degree temps. The boys are screaming in the back seat and we're trying to get out of here.😡

9C2AEC3B-9FE3-4D61-828E-D80655292BB4.jpeg
Just for the old squirrel.

The at home nurse said we can take the feeding tube out , it’s been out since Wednesday and he’s eating great. He’s chilling with great grandmother.

With the extra help here I did more loading today. 76 grains of IMR 4350 behind a 150 nosler the load my grandfather came up with for the rifle I don’t see a reason to change it.

View attachment 7774928
Just for the old squirrel.

The at home nurse said we can take the feeding tube out , it’s been out since Wednesday and he’s eating great. He’s chilling with great grandmother.

With the extra help here I did more loading today. 76 grains of IMR 4350 behind a 150 nosler the load my grandfather came up with for the rifle I don’t see a reason to change it.
Great grandmother's are special people.
20211229_123821.jpg

My youngest granddaughter cuddling with the late Child Brides mother, 92 years young.
Moments to cherish.