• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Meet Ranger, he is the newest addition to our family. He is an English cream retriever. He is 9 weeks old.
0E532CD9-F672-4D99-AED6-27A318CD8C9F.jpeg

Sitting on the porch and drinking a nice glass of Valpollicella with Rebecca. Waiting on the big storm to roll in.
View attachment 8131059

Not much of a view in that direction but just to the left is Rebecca. Much nicer view on my opinion.

We could also be part of the Neighborhood Watch Program because our presence is keeping the criminals off our street...🤣

ETA: I stand corrected. It's actually Chianti Classico. I forgot I had swapped bottles in the store.
I just snagged 4 bottle's of Chianti Classico Santa Margherita 2015 out of the bargain bin of out local booze shop! $9.95 a jug. Washed down the pasta just right! And on a side note , yesterday I bottled up 6 gallons of Amarone and the initial tasting seems to be very good. 18 months before the final test.

Kinda interesting job this week. Took a job from the hall out at a Cleveland Cliffs steel mill here in NW Indiana. One of the buildings we were in used to house the open hearth furnaces. The OH furnaces are long gone as the BOF and electric furnaces came along and provide a better process.
The mill has had several different owners over the years, how many I don’t exactly know. The first time I was in the plant was 40yrs ago when I was fresh out of high school.
……Ok, enough history…

Here are a couple pix of the iron construction in the old Open Hearth building.

w4sSOq.jpg

JZ73jZ.jpg

The second pic is a closer view of the right side of the first pic. All those rivets would have been hand set…. What an enormous undertaking that type of construction was. Best I could find is that this was likely built in the 1900-1915 time frame. That structure supports the rails of a 350 ton crane…

Here is what made this particular job special to me….
My grandfather was a melt shop foreman in this same shop when the furnaces were running back in the 50s and 60s. My dad worked for a refractory company on the furnaces just before they shut down and now I’m in there stomping the same floor.

Last edited:
I’ve got 165k on my 2011. The only non wear items I’ve done is a windshield washer fluid pump and two tailgate handles.

The first one broke when it was twenty below, the second one was a cheap replacement. Buy nice or buy twice.

The outside door handles on the taco broke. I tried the cheap Ebay ones, they sucked.

That looks like a pretty bad ass venue!
It was awesome. Leupold hosted the event, Nosler was there and fed us. Talked with the guys at Sig and Seekins.
The course of fire was very difficult. They definitely made it tough to find targets. My 308 was having some difficulty with the wind.
Like I said I’m hooked. Already have plans to build a 6.5prc in the works.

My neck of the woods has been caught up in an "Omega Loop" for the last few weeks. We have received more rain in three days than we usually get in a year. The weather pattern produces some interesting cloud formations, and the sky has been a deep blue. Here's a couple of pics from Shoshoni, WY looking north to Wind River Canyon.

canyon.JPG

blondie.JPG

Today is the day for a new barrel for my 6 creedmoor PRS rifle. The first one lasted over 2200 rounds and still shot pretty good. The target is from last weekend and is three 5 shot groups. Modified prone from a bench on a bipod and rear sand bag. I hope the next barrel shoots just as good!

First barrel disassembly.jpg

First barrel last groups.jpg

PRS Rifle with second barrel.jpg

PRS Rifle with second barrel weight.jpg

Check the big item off of the bucket list. I have always wanted to drive a sports car like a bat out of Hades up Wind River Canyon. Two days ago, I found a '21 Mustang GTO 5.0 with a manual transmission, and only 1600 miles on it. I traded my '22 Nissan Altima (and a bunch of cash) for the Mustang. A lot less fuel economy, but much more fun to drive. Should I add some pinstripes or leave it alone?
canyon.JPG

Check the big item off of the bucket list. I have always wanted to drive a sports car like a bat out of Hades up Wind River Canyon. Two days ago, I found a '21 Mustang GTO 5.0 with a manual transmission, and only 1600 miles on it. I traded my '22 Nissan Altima (and a bunch of cash) for the Mustang. A lot less fuel economy, but much more fun to drive. Should I add some pinstripes or leave it alone?
View attachment 8171769
Leave it alone, tint the windows.

View attachment 8171769
Just sold my 18 GT Mustang manual 5.0 , That thing hauled ass, just couldn't find a good place to stretch its legs. Now with grandkids the wife said we need a car seat friendly rig. Tried to talk her into a Dodge Magnum wagon that I could trick out, but NO. I hang my head in shame as she ordered a Subaru Crosstrek. You'll love that Stang!
!

Reactions: jrassy
Just sold my 18 GT Mustang manual 5.0 , That thing hauled ass, just couldn't find a good place to stretch its legs. Now with grandkids the wife said we need a car seat friendly rig. Tried to talk her into a Dodge Magnum wagon that I could trick out, but NO. I hang my head in shame as she ordered a Subaru Crosstrek. You'll love that Stang!
!
Crosstrek drivers are the absolute worst.

View attachment 8171769
Leave it as is.