• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Moon rise over the Coquille river.

View attachment 8195404
Moon rise.jpg

IMG_20230812_165754.jpg

My nephew got to shoot for the first time. His sister's got to when they were 3 and 4 on the one trip back to the US the family made. They are Air Force and were stuck in England for 12 years.

I gave his sister's Remington Model 5s for their 4th birthday. He is getting his great grandmother's 22 after I make some repairs.

AFAIK neither my late brother or I shot the sister's rifle they brought up with them. So I made some test shots to make sure it was on target. Then let him try. At first he didn't want to because of the noise. Then after I shot some more and his mother shot he tried it and liked it.

After a couple mags I set up a dualing tree and pulled out my scoped Savage. Then he really liked it.

These are from a scenic overlook just outside Duluth on Highway 23. View attachment 8203199View attachment 8203202
Pronounced “Dahlut”. 😊 A hundred years ago when I was young, we would ride the North Shore Trail up to Grand Marias (spelling?) and back over a weekend just prior to the I500. Love that area. Guy I rode with retired up there NW of GM on the Gunflint pretty close to the end of the road by Sag.

IMG_4854.jpeg

Out of a z425. Mower drove in PTO worked. Unfortunately to replace the fuse block it is a new harness. Small screw driver and emery cloth (sp?) and 30-40 minutes later good to go .

View attachment 8188401

Found these today.

Guy working at the store was telling another customer these won’t work in 270 or 243 they are too hot for those . Lol
I spoke with the other customer.

Pic is actually from last Wednesday, but good to see stuff back in stock at Cabela’s. A lot more $$ than a couple years ago, but damn, it was good to see Large Rifle primers on the shelf!

IMG_2506.jpeg

Pic is actually from last Wednesday, but good to see stuff back in stock at Cabela’s. A lot more $$ than a couple years ago, but damn, it was good to see Large Rifle primers on the shelf!

View attachment 8205859
At $155 for 1k, this should be posted in the Socially Unacceptable thread.

At $155 for 1k, this should be posted in the Socially Unacceptable thread.

Concur 1000% … But it’s still good to see it on the shelf; prices should come down as it sits there unsold.

At least that’s what I hope happens. Don’t wanna turn this into another shitty economy/political thread, but the simple fact is that almost all goods and services cost anywhere from 20% to 50% more than they did 2-3 years ago from a combination of raw material and transportation costs (mainly fueled by high gas prices), and the US dollar losing more value almost every day now. If only we had known the consequences of debasing our currency via unchecked printing and spending at the Federal level. Not like this has ever happened before…like in Greece, Rome, the Weimar Republic, Robert Mugabe’s Zimbabwe. :rolleyes:

Regardless, OT: Here’s my current view; sinking some of those depreciating dollars into home improvements in the way of a new detached one-car garage with 16’ top plates for a lift so I walk upright under it with my truck on top, and an attached casita/work shop (with overhead/attic storage accessed via stairs from the garage side) so I can reload in an air conditioned room vs. out in our current attached garage.

IMG_2589.jpeg

This little project also turned out expen$ive as hell, but we’re essentially building a two-story, one bedroom, one bath house with an attached 2-story one car garage.

A lead sled?

What caliber is it, 700 NE?
😉

My 11 yr old can help if ya need….. 🤣

Looks slick and light and shootin good.
Hopefully stacks some stuff this fall!

• Haha
Reactions: 91Eunozs
IMG_5281.jpeg

pork ribs going on the smoker…will be joined by a beer can chicken in a couple hours.

in the meantime, sweating my balls off out in the garage building a second upper (also in 6.8 SPC-II) for my main pig gun. Just back from the anodizer, and made a stop by Gray laser down SE of San Antonio to add a subtle tribute to my daughter’s College mascot (almost de riguer with the upper in this color):

IMG_2645.jpeg

And don’t mind the motley look of that scope mount/scope for now; Reptilia will do a run in ODG late Fall/early Winter this year! Have an RMR in ODG OTW from Eurooptic too.

IMG_2648.jpeg

Love barrel nuts that don’t need a barrel nut wrench…almost as much as dimpled Barrels to assist in locating the gas block, LoL

IMG_2649.jpeg

just need to level the scope and get some rounds down range! Once I get the RMR mounted, this upper will be my main daytime pig popper…

i-TMCx3zN.jpg

…will use the shorter one with the MAWL for night eradication work.

i-JKwb5fB.jpg

One day might be a record Black Oak (95% sure on ID) Easy, really easy tree grade 1. Worth some money as is.... Did not get the height but has a 54 inch diameter. First log (16 ft) with a DIB of 40 inches should be at least 1200 board feet (Scribners) or 1300 with Doyles rule. Sweet tree.
363366526_10168518667810427_1303447767650767575_n.jpg
363379903_10168518668665427_6070189010372161526_n (1).jpg

Broke a coworker out and hit the range today. I took my M1A, 03A3 and 700. Didnt shoot the 03 but took the 308 out to 1k and m1a to 500. Coworker nailed the deer silhouette at 700 using 175 SMK. Longest shot he’s ever made. Checked the old frat house out before coming home.
IMG_4497.jpeg

71554186235__C43256CD-AB53-4CEB-AB8B-0BD4A5EC4E21.jpeg

71554188087__90D04958-3AA8-4202-A39D-379589761F54.jpeg
IMG_4500.jpeg

We have roof! Well, sort of…

IMG_2725.jpeg

God, I can’t wait to get the damn house painted! We’ve been putting off getting the house painted since we moved in almost two years ago; waiting to build the detached garage/casita, so we could paint them both at the same time.

Next up is a bunch of remodeling and updates inside… Maybe starting next year; fun meter’s kind of pegged for work on the house for awhile.