• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

So far all has been tig welded. no flaming balls of pain have yet to be sent thru the air.. well maybe the rivets from the factory suspension hangers..

why are you tig welding that, are you paying by the hour, you are getting soaked, crazy misuse of time and is not a better weld.

its great looking tho, you are going to enjoy it when you finish

image.jpg
This poor wrench... it's always in my hands when one of my guys pisses me off!!

Reactions: Tucker301
Earlier today up at the old folks helping finish new fence and hanging a gate or two. My dad is 89 and still has a small cow/calf operation because he’s too ornery to quit. My BIL is retired from Deere & Company and enjoys being outside doing these type of improvements. I help when work and kid schedules allow.

View attachment 6910305View attachment 6910306View attachment 6910307

what is that? 1 inch pipe sadled and screwed to 6 inch? w 3/4 round stock welded to pipe?

class operation.

Safe to say that getting good help in that line of work is tough?
It's tough to find good help in any line of work lately but maybe a little more so out here. It's not anyone that wants to live in a tiny bunk and do manual labor outside no matter the weather and travel away from family and friends all summer and miss out on all the fun holidays

After watching the vid of the Dog n Rooster stuck together I was motivated, and hopeful beyond words, that I just might be able to catch the Dog n Cat at it and hopefully stuck. I've always said there's never a Bridge To Far if you have the chance of becoming an internet sensation. Wait, maybe that was just something about the internet "AND" sensations. Probably. Anyhow, perfect evening last night. Had to capture something so this is my lame entry. Still pretty....... ;)

AG0hSry.jpg

what is that? 1 inch pipe sadled and screwed to 6 inch? w 3/4 round stock welded to pipe?

class operation.

I’ll bet you’re really close. Handled it enough I should know, but honestly don’t know the exact dimensions. Panels are made by a small family run business in Toledo IA. They’re not cheap I know that. Posts are 8” I believe. Thanks for the compliment.

Grandson and I went fishing this last Monday.

P6040036.JPG

Grand Forks has a small, stocked fishing pond on the S.E. corner of town. Boy's first fish. Half hour later he landed, with some help, a 10" trout.

It's debatable who had more fun.

He is a buddy so not paid anything yet, will probably work a gun trade and cash out if anything. Will mig when the big welds start with complete frame box happens. Now it's a little here and a little there.

why are you tig welding that, are you paying by the hour, you are getting soaked, crazy misuse of time and is not a better weld.

its great looking tho, you are going to enjoy it when you finish

Instead of just “Like”, I wish there was a “Like A Lot” ^^^ ?? Beautiful country to shoot in hic28

Reactions: 1J04
Did you make yourself a "ratcheting" wrench? Or am I seeing an optical illusion? The way that looks cut it would only work with force applied in one direction. Flip it over to go the other way.
It doesn't work with force applied in any direction right now. It's just a box end wrench welded to a 24" cheater pipe. Every time I break it gets welded back together hurts like a bitch when you have all that pressure on it and it breaks!!

Hell yeah! NorCal is, in my opinion, some of the nicest scenery in the country. Smacking a full size ipsc at a 1740 today in 26 mph winds.

View attachment 6911389
View attachment 6911390
Last time I shot at 1740 it was with a 300wsm 210vlds at 2820fps. It was 18moa with of windage used. Stepping up the the 338 and 375s makes a big difference in those conditions and distance

I've got a bunch of big Snap on wrenches. Some are duplicates.
I looked twice through them and the damn 1-1/2" one isn't there. Not sure what happened to it.
I do have a Mac 1-1/2" 6-point impact socket you can have.
My guess is you're tightening nuts and it probably won't work.
You could chuck it in a lathe and part the end off of it and weld a cheater bar onto the socket ring.
If it will work, it's yours

Thanks Mike. Needs to be a 12 point for this application though. A 12 point impact parted off and welded might not be a bad idea though

Thanks Mike. Needs to be a 12 point for this application though. A 12 point impact parted off and welded might not be a bad idea though

Figured as much. You need the 12pt for indexing purposes.

Let me look again and if I find a 12pt impact (unlikely) it's yours.

Reactions: Mike 556