• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Priceless package from the PNW! That is hilarious. Nice work 1J04!

My view is an ER room right now.
Momma had a sudden onset of very sharp R flank pain while we were having a little birthday party for her kids (turn 5 and 7 on the 21st and 25th respectively) while at her parents place in Austin.
Took a lot of meds to get her pain down to a 6 (said it was worse than the 12 hours of labor she had with her first before the epidural) and to keep her from puking.
Just need to finish fluids and see if we can keep her pain under control with oral pain meds and home. Kidney stone passing with several more in the chute.....

I wont lie, I almost lost it seeing her hurt so bad.

20180616_154107.jpg

Momma had a sudden onset of very sharp R flank pain while we were having a little birthday party for her kids (turn 5 and 7 on the 21st and 25th respectively) while at her parents place in Austin.
Took a lot of meds to get her pain down to a 6 (said it was worse than the 12 hours of labor she had with her first before the epidural) and to keep her from puking.
Just need to finish fluids and see if we can keep her pain under control with oral pain meds and home. Kidney stone passing with several more in the chute.....

Hope and prayers sent buddy. Looking forward to hearing better news soon. You guys hang in there.

I know he's probably checking his phone every 5 minutes to see if the package has been delivered, so I won't keep you in suspense.
The look from the lady mail carrier as she handed it to me was absolutely priceless!! :D

Sick, sick, sick, beautiful crazy bastard!

0CCwTgo.jpg

vvtCUpw.jpg

HA! OUTSTANDING. I've been living in the reloading room and on the range for friends load development. Going well.

Glad it made it. Now twist those 2 spinners together and get some cheese n crackers. (y)

20180615_200506.jpg
20180615_195628.jpg

I put on new Seekins base n rings (Vortex) on the 300WM from a Fort Lewis Hide Member and found a load gor the 185 Bergers. Now back to work.....

Went to seaside with the family this weekend. Car show was going on and apparently a huge soccer tournament on the beach. Don’t think we could have asked for a nicer day.
Engine was a 632 big block. 850 horse.

Attachments

• BA71E25D-5D80-4825-BB0C-B3C85CA2319D.jpeg
    BA71E25D-5D80-4825-BB0C-B3C85CA2319D.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 56
  • A8AADC52-776F-49B5-ACE6-C98822B93B1B.jpeg
    A8AADC52-776F-49B5-ACE6-C98822B93B1B.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 56B005A5-0BD5-41B0-8A6B-D56EAFC1EEFD.jpeg
    56B005A5-0BD5-41B0-8A6B-D56EAFC1EEFD.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 63

My uncle was shot 3 times in Vietnam. Said kidney stones hurt way worse!! Hopefully they can at least break them up a bit before passing them.

No lures???

I sent 2 unfinished with different shafts and his coveted one back for him to play with. Give him something to dick around with. All in good time. :confused: i ain't quitting. Just stepping back and on to shit "i" gotta get done. Maddening. :mad:

Reactions: Barneybdb
Went to seaside with the family this weekend. Car show was going on and apparently a huge soccer tournament on the beach. Don’t think we could have asked for a nicer day.
Engine was a 632 big block. 850 horse.

Was a beautiful day for sure, and perfect for hitting the Beach !! Still haven't seen your rig on the road yet. You ducking me Bro? :LOL:

I know he's probably checking his phone every 5 minutes to see if the package has been delivered, so I won't keep you in suspense.
The look from the lady mail carrier as she handed it to me was absolutely priceless!! :D

Sick, sick, sick, beautiful crazy bastard!

0CCwTgo.jpg

vvtCUpw.jpg

Ok, now that I've got a bit of time to properly respond, since it's worky worky day :cry:, I will. ;)

You had to know, you send this:

Package1.jpg

You have to get this, at minimum, in return:

Package.jpg

I gotta tell ya my friend, I sent a few of our coveted members this pic when I was done boxing it up and I'm not saying there are a lot of people that don't like you, I'm just gonna say we have some very deviant individuals running around among us. :ROFLMAO: Some of the ideas for retribution were classic, but alas, package had to get out during the window of opportunity I had at the time.

I really do hope you give the wire bending a go. I'd like to hear from ya on how ya think I matched up the components in regards to shapes n sizes. I thought they were pretty damn close?

You'll enjoy those munchies. I've sent pretty much the exact same care package to a couple other of our guys and still have a few others I plan on sharing some local fare with. But as you and a couple others know well, I obviously drag my ass. Gotta be an ADD issue. :cool: Pretty certain you'll enjoy the entire spectrum, but I gotta tell ya, that batch of Tuna my Wife canned up is the shit. Crunchy lettuce, good crisp Dill Pickle, decent Bread n Mayo and WHAMMO !!! Only thing better is a Smoked Salmon Sammy, and guess what? You can do that with any of those canned Salmon's, but if ya do, I'd do it with the Coho/Silver. The Sockeye/Blue Back and the Chinook/King/Blackmouth/Tyee/Springer/URB, whatever ya wanna call them, are meant to enjoy all on their lonesome IMHO.

We're 10 months into this debacle Buddy. Anyone that would do 10 months would certainly do 11. Or would he........... :unsure:

Said it before, I'll say it again. You're just damn good people Mr. Tucker. You're appreciated more than you know.

Here's exclusive, never seen before video from the company that developed Geno's first ride, "The Rocket Merry-Go-Round"! Although somewhat successful, the EPA voiced some concerns and we probably won't see it here in the states.

That NEVER gets old. That's a fricking Classic !!! Shame they didn't have a couple Drones following it at the time. THAT would've been badass.

^^^^oops sorry, just left Laramie Wyoming,after looking at some land that was for sale along the Snowy mountain range. Loved it but as usual , there is a lot to consider and a lot more land to look at. Ran straight up through Wyoming into South Dakota digging the scenery , and back to
Minnesota where we were met with 91 degrees and 89% humidity, fuck

^^^^oops sorry, just left Laramie Wyoming,after looking at some land that was for sale along the Snowy mountain range. Loved it but as usual , there is a lot to consider and a lot more land to look at. Ran straight up through Wyoming into South Dakota digging the scenery , and back to
Minnesota where we were met with 91 degrees and 89% humidity, fuck
94 with 90% here today... yesterday was just as bad. My guys are hurting tear this shit down tonight
image.jpg
folding the mgr canvas as we speak. They are doing pretty good for a bunch of misfits that have never done it before

Waveslayer
Damn buddy, thats rough. The contusion on the outside or on the lung? Hadnt seen your after posting about my lady.
The good thing about large kidney stones is they dont usually move and they blast em to dust to move and they hurt less then. Hope thats the case for you.

Made it home today, pain meds are keeping the little lady fairly comfortable.

Happy Fathers Day gentlemen

I actually almost feel sorry for them. I've made 3 of them puke from working so hard in the heat and even Buzz had to cut out a little early. He put in 12 hours yesterday in the heat without bitching though
It’s been damn miserable here in the upper Midwest now for 3 days. Hang in there Geno, relief comes late Monday evening they say. We endured a Softball tournament for my daughter yesterday in Bellevue. It was a special kind of miserable.

Going back and forth over here for the most part. Sea influence and some other cloud cover in the mornings, burns off by around noonish, then low 80's with a metric shit ton of humidity. Everyone is busy making hay as quick as they can cuz ya never know what's coming in the next couple hours.

I was hoping the rays of light coming down between the clouds and the top of the ridge were gonna show up like what you see with the naked eye, but no. It was an amazing view but the camera phone on the run didn't capture it.

dvliI4v.jpg

UAoqmLE.jpg

Before my Boys came over last night I had to run over to a friends for a quick few sociable brewski's and caught a trespasser on the range (that needs to be hayed). Little more to the right so we can utilize the backer properly. ;)

3nLZiSj.jpg

fQoBroV.jpg

Standing on my buddies front steps I had to snap one more off. Life is good. (y)

loEY7Bg.jpg

And a good long stretch of road never hurt either.

Hi,

Very true....do you prefer biking, running or rucking the long road?

IMO wind sprints would be very beneficial to improving shooting since it will help condition your heart and breathing to go from rest to ramped and back down to rest at faster rate than normal...which helps better shooting when having to rapidly change position, barricades, obstacles, etc.

Sincerely,
Theis

As some of you who have been here a while know, I have been devoted to supporting and promoting a young singer/songwriter from my area ever since she moved to Nashville last August.
A tremendously talented young woman and a truly beautiful soul.

While I knew Katie when she lived and back home, I didn't truly get to KNOW her until she moved away and through a series of circumstances and interactions, we became very close friends.
I supported her in a number of ways, all of which I am very proud to have done.
I helped her with her social media presences, increasing her followings.
I gave her computers, recording equipment, gift cards for setting up her new apartment, and I loaned her some money to help her consolidate her credit card debt and get her finances back in order.

My wife and I drove to Nashville last February to visit with Katie and to further support her and boost her confidence.
It was a long cold winter in Nashville, and Katie was struggling with doubts about her decision to move there and a number of other personal and internal conflicts.
She shared these struggles with me and I tried to offer support and encouragement to her on a daily basis.

From the Nashville trip

Unfortunately and regrettably friendships can be fragile things, and we had a bad day back in early May.
I was stressed to the max by a number of factors in my own life and in a moment of weakness, I stopped being Katie's friend and acted like and overbearing and controlling parent, of which she already had two.

She bucked, hard. And the friendship was terminated.
I was judged on a single moment of weakness that managed to outweigh all of the kindness and support I had given her for months and months.
She offered to return the gifts, which I flatly rejected, and she is paying the loan off as per our agreement, so there are no bad feelings there.
looking back on the big picture now, with time and distance spent from Katie, this is probably best for both of us.
She was sharing parts of herself with me that she should have been sharing with her boyfriend. 3,000 texts back and forth over the course of six months doesn't seem possible, rational, or healthy in today's lucid hindsight.

Plans that had been made and solidified for months suddenly unraveled.
My wife and I were scheduled to go to Nashville again in late May and take Katie to see her first BIG concert - U2 at Bridgestone Arena. The rest of the weekend was to be spent with Katie in quiet places, talking, laughing, and sharing stories, discussing business strategies and promotional ideas, trying to get her in front of the right people in the music business. Getting one little fish to stand out in an ocean full of little fishes.

The next weekend, Katie and her boyfriend were scheduled to be at our place in Virginia, attending a family get together with us and staying overnight before heading on to the beach for a few days to celebrate Katie's birthday.

All of this was scrapped and I was left scrambling to cancel travel plans and sell concert tickets. I could have sold one ticket and we could have still gone without Katie, but being in Nashville for a weekend and not seeing Katie would have just hurt more than it already did.
I got lucky and sold the tickets and got my associated bookings canceled and refunded.

I tried apologizing a couple of times, but it seemed to only make things worse.

I sent Katie her birthday present, but I never heard from her on whether she even accepted it or threw it away. I don't know if I will ever hear from or see her again. That hurts, but that's what life can do to any of us at any given moment.
Live in your moments, and don't dwell on the past or fret over the future.

A few images from the friendship...

gt9kjwR.jpg

R1P8h5S.jpg

UV4YrHL.jpg

ilNplOi.jpg

Q2DIHrm.jpg

pZoZ6K0.jpg

rWGAtXp.jpg

Tz3FoW1.jpg

Sometimes what seemed to be tragic and bad can be turned into something better.

My wife was more disappointed in the canceled trip and events than I had anticipated, and I knew I had some ground to make up with her.

U2 was to be in Washington, DC on our 40th anniversary, and I was not going to allow the opportunity to slip away.

I used the recovered funds from the Nashville fiasco to procure two really good seats for us in DC.
I booked a room for us a block from the arena.
I arranged for her to have the day after the show off from work, without her knowing.
I designed custom t-shirts featuring our dorky wedding picture from 1978 on the front and the number 40 on the back.
I had a custom banner made to help reveal the surprise to her on the morning of the show.

... and I waited...

Sunday morning FINALLY got here and it was time to spring the surprise.

She was messing around the house and I needed her to get ready to travel. The DC drive is 2.5-4 hours, depending on traffic.
I told her that I wanted to take her out to lunch and that perhaps we should go a little early to beat the Father's Day crowds.
She began to get ready, and while she was in the shower I laid out my reveal.

The trip was perfect, excluding the drive, in every possible way!
We got settled into our room, got ready for the show, went out to eat an early dinner, and headed over to the arena.
Our seats were better than I had realized, and we were about 25 feet from the E-stage at the end of the runway.

zotKC0l.jpg

U2 put on an incredible performance!
It was a magical night for both of us. My wife was happy and grateful, as was I.

I got some video, but U2's people did a better job, so here are a couple of clips from them.

Ain't life funny?!

Tucker, in a small way I know how you feel. Not near the depth I'm sure but some small semblance. Every year there is a young guy that comes to work for us that is in a bad spot in life. I always try to steer them in the right direction and give them every opportunity to make the right decisions and right their ship. Throughout the summer offering advise and counsel on the problems they face or have faced. My goal is always to get them setup in a little apartment at the end of the summer and a job to get them through the winter. Sadly not one has made it. They either go back to drugs or crime and end up back where they started. After 17 years of doing this, I still haven't given up hope that there will be someone that will accept the little boost that I give them and actually make something of themself.

Don't let this setback hold you back from helping someone in the future.

Last nights hail storm.

JXqPK33DRIebyCPPTzkNGA.jpg

3zSsVwUFRuSHrIA5K68lCQ.jpg

uUf38SyhQfG7K4yWzhAb+w.jpg

Wsdzd5czR+ee9+V4L2tlEA.jpg

+2XD0UVVSie3DH1J14+WUQ.jpg

32Xg0BwKTRuU0gXL2THl8Q.jpg

Fortunately the damage was very limited in relation to the severity of the hail. It was rock hard hail. Hard as I've ever seen it. Any car left outside has damage. Only one broken windshield I saw walking the dog though. Solar panels appear to be very tough as none I could see were damaged. Most of the trees came though with minimal damage. It only lasted about 5 minutes of the really big stuff.

As some of you who have been here a while know, I have been devoted to supporting and promoting a young singer/songwriter from my area ever since she moved to Nashville last August.
A tremendously talented young woman and a truly beautiful soul.

While I knew Katie when she lived and back home, I didn't truly get to KNOW her until she moved away and through a series of circumstances and interactions, we became very close friends.
I supported her in a number of ways, all of which I am very proud to have done.
I helped her with her social media presences, increasing her followings.
I gave her computers, recording equipment, gift cards for setting up her new apartment, and I loaned her some money to help her consolidate her credit card debt and get her finances back in order.

My wife and I drove to Nashville last February to visit with Katie and to further support her and boost her confidence.
It was a long cold winter in Nashville, and Katie was struggling with doubts about her decision to move there and a number of other personal and internal conflicts.
She shared these struggles with me and I tried to offer support and encouragement to her on a daily basis.

From the Nashville trip

Unfortunately and regrettably friendships can be fragile things, and we had a bad day back in early May.
I was stressed to the max by a number of factors in my own life and in a moment of weakness, I stopped being Katie's friend and acted like and overbearing and controlling parent, of which she already had two.

She bucked, hard. And the friendship was terminated.
I was judged on a single moment of weakness that managed to outweigh all of the kindness and support I had given her for months and months.
She offered to return the gifts, which I flatly rejected, and she is paying the loan off as per our agreement, so there are no bad feelings there.
looking back on the big picture now, with time and distance spent from Katie, this is probably best for both of us.
She was sharing parts of herself with me that she should have been sharing with her boyfriend. 3,000 texts back and forth over the course of six months doesn't seem possible, rational, or healthy in today's lucid hindsight.

Plans that had been made and solidified for months suddenly unraveled.
My wife and I were scheduled to go to Nashville again in late May and take Katie to see her first BIG concert - U2 at Bridgestone Arena. The rest of the weekend was to be spent with Katie in quiet places, talking, laughing, and sharing stories, discussing business strategies and promotional ideas, trying to get her in front of the right people in the music business. Getting one little fish to stand out in an ocean full of little fishes.

The next weekend, Katie and her boyfriend were scheduled to be at our place in Virginia, attending a family get together with us and staying overnight before heading on to the beach for a few days to celebrate Katie's birthday.

All of this was scrapped and I was left scrambling to cancel travel plans and sell concert tickets. I could have sold one ticket and we could have still gone without Katie, but being in Nashville for a weekend and not seeing Katie would have just hurt more than it already did.
I got lucky and sold the tickets and got my associated bookings canceled and refunded.

I tried apologizing a couple of times, but it seemed to only make things worse.

I sent Katie her birthday present, but I never heard from her on whether she even accepted it or threw it away. I don't know if I will ever hear from or see her again. That hurts, but that's what life can do to any of us at any given moment.
Live in your moments, and don't dwell on the past or fret over the future.

A few images from the friendship...

gt9kjwR.jpg

R1P8h5S.jpg

UV4YrHL.jpg

ilNplOi.jpg

Q2DIHrm.jpg

pZoZ6K0.jpg

rWGAtXp.jpg

Tz3FoW1.jpg

Sometimes what seemed to be tragic and bad can be turned into something better.

My wife was more disappointed in the canceled trip and events than I had anticipated, and I knew I had some ground to make up with her.

U2 was to be in Washington, DC on our 40th anniversary, and I was not going to allow the opportunity to slip away.

I used the recovered funds from the Nashville fiasco to procure two really good seats for us in DC.
I booked a room for us a block from the arena.
I arranged for her to have the day after the show off from work, without her knowing.
I designed custom t-shirts featuring our dorky wedding picture from 1978 on the front and the number 40 on the back.
I had a custom banner made to help reveal the surprise to her on the morning of the show.

... and I waited...

Sunday morning FINALLY got here and it was time to spring the surprise.

She was messing around the house and I needed her to get ready to travel. The DC drive is 2.5-4 hours, depending on traffic.
I told her that I wanted to take her out to lunch and that perhaps we should go a little early to beat the Father's Day crowds.
She began to get ready, and while she was in the shower I laid out my reveal.

The trip was perfect, excluding the drive, in every possible way!
We got settled into our room, got ready for the show, went out to eat an early dinner, and headed over to the arena.
Our seats were better than I had realized, and we were about 25 feet from the E-stage at the end of the runway.

zotKC0l.jpg

U2 put on an incredible performance!
It was a magical night for both of us. My wife was happy and grateful, as was I.

I got some video, but U2's people did a better job, so here are a couple of clips from them.

Ain't life funny?!

My friend, you know where I stand and come from regarding this since we've discussed it in private. I'm as sorry as one can be, not only that this happened, but it happened to you. Choices made. It's far from the end of the world as you well know. Your video of your beautiful wife brought a bit of mist to the old eyes. What a wonderful way to live your life. That's top tier stuff right there man. Nice job. ;)