• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Got a new camera, crazy sunset captured:

34894294_1115443381947614_5415421304570380288_o.jpg

R

Take a look at this
https://store.snapon.com/Flank-Driv...rive-Straight-Box-Tubular-Wrench-P633691.aspx
https://store.snapon.com/Tubular-Handles-36-Tubular-Handle-P633693.aspx

If you search ebay for snap on tubular there are several from of the wrench heads from $10-50

No welding required and snap on will warranty them.
That's about what the combination wrench costs. Problem is I don't have time to wait for the SnapOn truck to replace broken stuff. It looks like a perfect tool for the job though

Nikon A900.
Tried to get some optical zoom and resolution with a "pocket" size for hunting.

R

That's pretty damn awesome. ALL of it. And it doesn't break the bank. As much as I like taking pics AND animal vids (lol) I'm gonna have to consider doing this once this new gun project is done. Great pic !!!!

My eldest Son was over for chow and a visit last night. Went for a little trip around the neighborhood and shot the shit over a few cold beverages. Went to a spot we hadn't been to for awhile and it's literally only a mile as the Crow flies from our place. Some of you may remember the signage from the past. Well, it's still there but we didn't see any Man Scat thank god. :oops:

Appears an Osprey has begun a new nest on top of one of the snags. It'll be interesting to see just how big they build this one. They're pretty entertaining and fishing maniacs.

ruIvnu4.jpg

Yk9xQvg.jpg

Rap5zfe.jpg

HPoZNHl.jpg

9Ql3W4d.jpg

That's pretty damn awesome. ALL of it. And it doesn't break the bank. As much as I like taking pics AND animal vids (lol) I'm gonna have to consider doing this once this new gun project is done. Great pic !!!!

My eldest Son was over for chow and a visit last night. Went for a little trip around the neighborhood and shot the shit over a few cold beverages. Went to a spot we hadn't been to for awhile and it's literally only a mile as the Crow flies from our place. Some of you may remember the signage from the past. Well, it's still there but we didn't see any Man Scat thank god. :oops:

Appears an Osprey has begun a new nest on top of one of the snags. It'll be interesting to see just how big they build this one. They're pretty entertaining and fishing maniacs.

ruIvnu4.jpg

Yk9xQvg.jpg

Rap5zfe.jpg

HPoZNHl.jpg

9Ql3W4d.jpg
When you get ready to knock the camera out check with B&H photo.
Best price I found and comes with a 16g card and decent soft case.

R

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
If you search ebay for snap on tubular there are several from of the wrench heads from $10-50

No welding required and snap on will warranty them.

Since it is made to take a 3' bar it will probably hold up better than the welded on wrench that has had the temper FUBAEed. If you get lucky you could pick up a couple cheap and have a spare for waiting on truck.

Jrassy, that beer pic in Grand Lake? Looks a bit familiar. I hunt near there.
If you are still there, hit up Mustachios on the Lake on Lake Granby if you want something above average to eat.
Friends own it and they make some darn fine grub. Tell em Elija sent ya. My kid is best friends with their granddaughter.

Jrassy, that beer pic in Grand Lake? Looks a bit familiar. I hunt near there.
If you are still there, hit up Mustachios on the Lake on Lake Granby if you want something above average to eat.
Friends own it and they make some darn fine grub. Tell em Elija sent ya. My kid is best friends with their granddaughter.

Yep, Grand Lake, i will check out Mustachios tomorrow, thanks. Then I'm heading for Estes park for some more hiking. Then to Laramie to look at some land ?

This is a tough one, boys.

I have no idea why these people seek me out, but I try to help anyone who asks for it. There's a list in my head. There have been some great friends made and some others lost.

First, let me just say that I talk to God every single day. Sometimes it's formal, on my knees and begging for healing or helping for someone I know who needs some grace.
Other times it's just in my head and registering thoughts and whatnot.
I have a rule that I never ask for anything for myself. I have a great life. I have had a great life. If it ends tomorrow I am satisfied.

Coming out of a brutal month of May and dealing with losing (not dead - just losing) a great friend whom I had been helping and working with for more than six months, building up and supporting in a hundred ways, I told the boss that I wanted to retire from the "People Business". It takes too much out of me and I am tired. I want to live out my days without the burden of the needs of others.

That was last Wednesday morning around 6 AM.

At noon I was sitting in my car in a parking lot, on the phone with a young woman I know, not even that well really. She was a crying emotional mess.
She was pregnant, on the pill, unexpectedly, unplanned.
She'd just had a kid last year, and she was looking forward to getting back in shape, enjoying partying with friends again, etc. Mid 20's. Kid #3.

She and her husband have had problems, but they were getting help and working through them, so they wanted to focus on that as well. get it worked out before another child - if another child.

Even though she was devoutly faithful, she was considering terminating the pregnancy. She had even considered much worse. She mentioned driving along and picking out trees.

I listened to her and didn't judge one way or the other. I let her lay out her thoughts to another person so that she could hear the words herself and make sense of them. I pointed out that it sounded like she had already determined the outcome, but that she just needed someone to tell her it was going to be OK.

For reasons unknown to me still, I asked her if she'd ever been to Colorado or the Rockies. She said she hadn't.
I told her I had, and that the interesting thing about the front range is that it's nothing like the way mountains here in VA work. here the climb is slow and gradual. a hundred miles - a few hundred feet. Foot hills. Warm-ups.

You basically run flat ground through Kansas and right up to Denver, and then suddenly, just when you'd think the terrain will stay nice and smooth forever, these imposing mountains seem to just spring up in your path from nowhere. There doesn't appear to any way over, through, or around them... but there are ways. It's not impossible, just not as easy as Kansas was.

She had come upon the mountains. She was faced with continuing her journey or stopping where she was, on level and familiar ground.
I reinforced with her that these were her decisions to make, and that when you come to a crossroads in life, and you have to choose, there are no right or wrong decisions. There is only your decision. As soon as you make it, the other path vanishes forever. It never existed.

She was calm when we finished, and we even had a few laughs.
I told her I was available 24/7 if she needed me. Don't hesitate. Don't think you're out of rope. You're not.

She planned on having a conversation with the husband that night, then a decision would be made, together. I told her that is proper, because even though her body is the vessel, the child is theirs, 50/50.

I got a message late that night. They were picking out names. They had made their decision together and they were excited about it.

I congratulated her and and told her I was happy for them.

Two days later I got the word that she'd passed the mass overnight. She'd tested again and the line was thin. Something was wrong.
She'd bled and the baby was no more. Not induced by anything other than whatever you believe in, i suppose.

I told her I had prayed for the best outcome for all involved, and not a specific outcome. She said she'd done the same.

We've had little to no contact since last week, but she sent me a message a few hours ago.
She was going back through her phone and had found the now nearly forgotten list of names they'd started that night.

A few of you already know my first name. It's Scott.

This one stung a little.
Back to retirement.

IRXzfHN.jpg

How's Grand Lake? It's been a couple of years since we've been up. It was getting a little run down. Putt-Putt closed.

Grand Lake is the largest natural body of water in Colorado. There are bigger lakes, but they are damned, as in used for water resources, so the levels aren't a primary concern.

I always tried to take a leak in the Colorado Creek there, as an F U to Cali.

Tucker, I don't know you. I'm not sure that we've ever responded to each other on here. I do know that you are a very strong man...stronger than most. You have my utmost respect. The number of people that can say that they do " good things for other people", gets fewer every day. While I understand your decision, and it's obviously yours to make, I think it would be a mistake and a great loss to your community. Nobody likes a quitter. I wish you luck whatever you choose. You deserve it.

Steve.

How's Grand Lake? It's been a couple of years since we've been up. It was getting a little run down. Putt-Putt closed.

Grand Lake is the largest natural body of water in Colorado. There are bigger lakes, but they are damned, as in used for water resources, so the levels aren't a primary concern.

I always tried to take a leak in the Colorado Creek there, as an F U to Cali.
We had a great time in Grand Lake, hiking mostly( I got to admit at 8,500ft I could tell the oxygen was thin,I was getting my ass kicked) but I kept going ,stopped and looked at the views a lot. We did kayaking every morning , the lake was like glass. Hit all the bars,had some good conversation with a couple locals. PUTT,PUTT golf could still be yours for 480,000?. Bob Scotts Indian jewelry store is a lot richer after my wife picked out three torquoise bracelets.
But then I buy guns or ammo so it's a fair trade off.

Reactions: TripleBull
Tucker
Dang brother. Thats a great example of how to listen and support someone in nothing but love.
Thanks for posting that. On family vacation and the kids have been crazier than usual and stressing me out big time. Your post jogged me back to reality.

FYI, Hyatt Lost Pines outside Austin is a beautiful place to bring younger kids for a few days.
Come golf when the weather is cooler, future FIL told me its a tough course.
Outside my room.

88D93AAE-DE64-4168-8880-CB7BE9EE80F0.jpeg
B5EFD69F-6551-4E75-8000-DEC9B4B056C7.jpeg

Tucker, I don't know you. I'm not sure that we've ever responded to each other on here. I do know that you are a very strong man...stronger than most. You have my utmost respect. The number of people that can say that they do " good things for other people", gets fewer every day. While I understand your decision, and it's obviously yours to make, I think it would be a mistake and a great loss to your community. Nobody likes a quitter. I wish you luck whatever you choose. You deserve it.

Steve.

However tiring it may be, you know the effort is worth it.

I have no idea why these people seek me out, but I try to help anyone who asks for it. There's a list in my head. There have been some great friends made and some others lost.

First, let me just say that I talk to God every single day. Sometimes it's formal, on my knees and begging for healing or helping for someone I know who needs some grace.
I have a rule that I never ask for anything for myself. I have a great life. I have had a great life. If it ends tomorrow I am satisfied.

Coming out of a brutal month of May and dealing with losing (not dead - just losing) a great friend whom I had been helping and working with for more than six months, building up and supporting in a hundred ways, I told the boss that I wanted to retire from the "People Business". It takes too much out of me and I am tired. I want to live out my days without the burden of the needs of others.

At noon I was sitting in my car in a parking lot, on the phone with a young woman I know, not even that well really. She was a crying emotional mess.
She'd just had a kid last year, and she was looking forward to getting back in shape, enjoying partying with friends again, etc. Mid 20's. Kid #3.

She and her husband have had problems, but they were getting help and working through them, so they wanted to focus on that as well. get it worked out before another child - if another child.

Even though she was devoutly faithful, she was considering terminating the pregnancy. She had even considered much worse. She mentioned driving along and picking out trees.

I listened to her and didn't judge one way or the other. I let her lay out her thoughts to another person so that she could hear the words herself and make sense of them. I pointed out that it sounded like she had already determined the outcome, but that she just needed someone to tell her it was going to be OK.

For reasons unknown to me still, I asked her if she'd ever been to Colorado or the Rockies. She said she hadn't.
I told her I had, and that the interesting thing about the front range is that it's nothing like the way mountains here in VA work. here the climb is slow and gradual. a hundred miles - a few hundred feet. Foot hills. Warm-ups.

You basically run flat ground through Kansas and right up to Denver, and then suddenly, just when you'd think the terrain will stay nice and smooth forever, these imposing mountains seem to just spring up in your path from nowhere. There doesn't appear to any way over, through, or around them... but there are ways. It's not impossible, just not as easy as Kansas was.

She had come upon the mountains. She was faced with continuing her journey or stopping where she was, on level and familiar ground.
I reinforced with her that these were her decisions to make, and that when you come to a crossroads in life, and you have to choose, there are no right or wrong decisions. There is only your decision. As soon as you make it, the other path vanishes forever. It never existed.

I told her I was available 24/7 if she needed me. Don't hesitate. Don't think you're out of rope. You're not.

She planned on having a conversation with the husband that night, then a decision would be made, together. I told her that is proper, because even though her body is the vessel, the child is theirs, 50/50.

I got a message late that night. They were picking out names. They had made their decision together and they were excited about it.

Two days later I got the word that she'd passed the mass overnight. She'd tested again and the line was thin. Something was wrong.
She'd bled and the baby was no more. Not induced by anything other than whatever you believe in, i suppose.

I told her I had prayed for the best outcome for all involved, and not a specific outcome. She said she'd done the same.

We've had little to no contact since last week, but she sent me a message a few hours ago.
She was going back through her phone and had found the now nearly forgotten list of names they'd started that night.

This one stung a little.
Back to retirement.

IRXzfHN.jpg
Something I've been told by someone I considered wise.
Some people receive greater loads as they can carry the weight...
Miscarriage is a topic that seems to be lost in the background noise.
I've personally experienced this and it is a heavy load.

R

Steve.

The "retirement" thing was kind of a joke anyway. At least that's what I got back from the main office when I said I was tired. The timing on me saying I quit and having another project dropped in my lap was comedic.
I told my brother, a minister, about it and he said once you become a lightning rod you're going to get strikes.

I'm not programmed to ignore the problems of others, regardless of the toll it takes on me personally. There are rewards, but scrapes and bruises like the one in this story also come with the territory.

^^^^^ The year I did not put in for a tag or I would be looking for that guy!......

And like many years, do a lot of hiking and glassing and come home with only a deer.

Reactions: jrassy and Rthur
The "retirement" thing was kind of a joke anyway. At least that's what I got back from the main office when I said I was tired. The timing on me saying I quit and having another project dropped in my lap was comedic.
I told my brother, a minister, about it and he said once you become a lightning rod you're going to get strikes.

I'm not programmed to ignore the problems of others, regardless of the toll it takes on me personally. There are rewards, but scrapes and bruises like the one in this story also come with the territory.

Those scrapes and bruises, along with the victories, make you who you are. You carry them better than most.

This one stung a little.
Back to retirement.

IRXzfHN.jpg

Ha !! Tucker, or "Ruth", being Tucker. Not surprised in the least. What is surprising is even the thought of getting outta the "Benevolence Business". You have the ability to impact lives. Keep impacting lives Brother.......(y)

I know he's probably checking his phone every 5 minutes to see if the package has been delivered, so I won't keep you in suspense.
The look from the lady mail carrier as she handed it to me was absolutely priceless!! :D

Sick, sick, sick, beautiful crazy bastard!

0CCwTgo.jpg

vvtCUpw.jpg