• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Have a view all the way to my neighbor’s house now!

IMG_5136-4K.jpg

…because we now have stairs!

71659102078__C1C31A21-568B-41DC-95C8-429BEBBC0EB1-4K.jpg

Leading up to the open storage area off the garage, and above the casita/pool house/air-conditioned reloading room.

71659100567__50AB38BF-DE40-43EA-8163-D6C4B68B30D7-4K.jpg

Can’t wait to get this finished so I can a lift in here…changed the oil in my MIL’s car last night, and swapped back to the street tires/brake pads on my track car today after an Auto-X. All done with ramps, jacks, and crawling around on my hands and knees on a concrete floor in our attached garage.

Gettin’ too old and broken for that shit.

So glad we went with 16’ headers for the garage so I get a huge lift that I can walk under with my truck on top! I’m a hair over 6’1” in those shoes…the head room is in a word: AWESOME!

IMG_5353.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice.

Help me understand please? I see filing cabinet drawers in the first pic, but not in the 2nd! You built a “cover door” for lack of better words?

The drawers open on the "away" side in the second pic.

Using a compass rose, drawers open to the East, thermometers and temp probe points to the South, Traeger feeder and controls on the West, nothing on the North (toward the wall).

Fire insulated file cabinet, inch and a half insulation all round. Heavy. Kinda happy with the way it came out.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: RG0099
First ever balloon ride today. It was awesome.

View attachment 8238136

View attachment 8238138

View attachment 8238140

And the landing. Apparently our group is on 9News at 6 for the 'Feel Good Friday' segment.

View attachment 8238141

1: figures you were in the rainbow one….
🤣

2: those Flatirons look so small.
Funny, the 3rd seems decent sized when you are 30’ above your last pro and holds are small…..

Maybe have to get the name of the company.
Several friends and my daughter all want to do this.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
No, I have not. Didn't even know they had one there. I'm only familiar with Albuquerque one.
The one in Snowmass is amazing. All of the cool hot air balloon stuff but in Snowmass in the fall. It’s usually in the middle of September sometime. My wife and I got married in Aspen on the same weekend several years ago and got some amazing wedding pics. It’s such a good time, you should definitely check it out

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
1: figures you were in the rainbow one….
🤣

2: those Flatirons look so small.
Funny, the 3rd seems decent sized when you are 30’ above your last pro and holds are small…..

Maybe have to get the name of the company.
Several friends and my daughter all want to do this.
Fair Winds. Jeff was our pilot. He seemed to be 'in charge' and the most experienced.

Reactions: powdahound76
Last edited:
What’s your setup?

We took the kids to a stargazing presentation at a national park last summer and have done a bit while camping this summer. I’m trying to convince the finance dept to release funds for a telescope for camping next summer
We used to have a setup for stargazing, but it was just a cheap one the kids got at some science store

These pics were taken from my Leupold Alpine SX-2 HD, 20-60x60 spotting scope off my tripod. Used an iPhone 13 for camera, so nothing super special

Reactions: The D
We used to have a setup for stargazing, but it was just a cheap one the kids got at some science store

These pics were taken from my Leupold Alpine SX-2 HD, 20-60x60 spotting scope off my tripod. Used an iPhone 13 for camera, so nothing super special
Lol, I’m going to keep this post hidden from my wife. I not-so-secretly want a pretty nice telescope

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
Daughter was home for the weekend…first weekend home since we dropped her off for her freshman year at college a couple months ago. So we took her, her boyfriend, as well as our son and daughter-in-law (and our grand puppy) out for a late lunch before she headed back to school.

Good food, good drinks, and good times…

IMG_2781.jpeg

edit: cleaning out the phone; forgot I took this pic from the night before. Her home-made dinner request:

IMG_2780.jpeg

Last edited:
1696289538473.jpeg

Downtown Vancouver from Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas cruise ship. We’re sailing to Hawaii over the next week and change then staying a few extra days to do island stuff. You clowns are going to get a bit of a reprieve from my foolishness for a bit, we purposefully declined a Wi-Fi package to do cruise activities. But don’t get too comfy, I’m coming back with a vengeance. Be prepared