• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

These next few hours of my workday are going be difficult. Come on 5 o'clock!

Reactions: Barneybdb
You worked in Mexico?
Kidding. Baldor used to be a great motor.

Now I gotta think back a little. TTBOMR, Baldor (proper) never built any motors in Mexico (or China). When Baldor bought Reliance from Rockwell, Reliance had been manufacturing in Mexico for some time. Soooo..........call it a draw. We're both right (and wrong) :cool::cool::cool:

Now, ABB owns Baldor. From what I am hearing from Baldor lifer friends, it ain't pretty what ABB is doing to the once great American brand.

Last edited:
Awwww Geez.......You're not going to replace it with a Leeson, are you ? :unsure: :eek:???

(I used to work for Baldor......)
When I’m on the road, I order the exact same thing that’s one the ride if at all possible. Trying to change mountings or finding out there’s not enough clearance isn’t something I have time to deal with out here. As it is I only managed to get this replace with 2 hours to spare before we open...

We don’t have too many motor failures in all reality. This is only the 3rd or 4th since I started doing this in 2000

Now I gotta think back a little. TTBOMK, Baldor (proper) never built any motors in Mexico (or China). When Baldor bought Reliance from Rockwell, Reliance had been manufacturing in Mexico for some time. Soooo..........call it a draw. We're both right (and wrong) :cool::cool::cool:

Now, ABB owns Baldor. From what I am hearing from Baldor lifer friends, it ain't pretty what ABB is doing to the once great American brand.
I was referring to the recent production of Baldor motors. They used to be great.

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb
When I’m on the road, I order the exact same thing that’s one the ride if at all possible. Trying to change mountings or finding out there’s not enough clearance isn’t something I have time to deal with out here. As it is I only managed to get this replace with 2 hours to spare before we open...

We don’t have too many motor failures in all reality. This is only the 3rd or 4th since I started doing this in 2000

Very wise move. Just about every motor made conforms to NEMA dimensional and electrical standards, but receiving a "crossed over" motor from a zit faced kid behind the counter at the local bearing/auto supply house is rolling the dice in regard to whether he crossed it over correctly. Nothing worse than tearing everything down, prepping for the replacement, rushing out and getting it, humping back to the attraction and trying to install an "incorrect" motor......

There is a Lesson plant in Wisconsin. Thought you were supporting the local cheeseheads.

I was referring to the recent production of Baldor motors. They used to be great.

Gawd, time flies. I've been away for close to 12 years. You've caused me to pause and think that once I left, I really haven't looked back/paid much attention.
So, you're saying that ABB is doing a fine job running them into the ground (?)........

Reactions: Barneybdb
Gawd, time flies. I've been away for close to 12 years. You've caused me to pause and think that once I left, I really haven't looked back/paid much attention.
So, you're saying that ABB is doing a fine job running them into the ground (?)........

I'm sure they're still fine. We started to see alot of made in Mexico stamps on the 1/2- 3/4 hp 3 phase ones we were getting. Been away from the electro mechanical thing for a few years. Now I fix equipment and play with cranberries

Last edited:
That energy saving sticker is probably gonna cover the cost of the whole motor replacement over time...

A porta power might work on that pulley removal job.
Namely with the spreader jaws.

R
There was only 3/16 of a gap to pry on until I took it out of the case. I doubt the spreader jaws would have had enough power for this one even if I could have got them in there

Reactions: Rthur
Sophisticated rednecks. Miss Lori reading the local bird cage liner at the picnic table with the Traeger running in the barn. I prepared a cedar plank Salmon with a dill and Dijon mustard sauce. The steel still wearing its winter camo (cornstalk, dirt, and snow) on the back side. Life in Hooterville.
DD75FB77-E92C-4A3C-A753-8BF25FC76F55.jpeg

God, please give us Hooterville forever,
And let Hooterville be filled with Nichols and Genos and 1J's and Mooseknuckles and Oneshots, and PowdaPups, and Tuckerz, and those absolutely wonderful children they have,
And give me quiet time to reminisce with them when we get really old.
God bless Hooterville.

Just sayin...

Rgr 17 miles south of the cow college, 55 east of Montgomery, 35 West of Ft. Benning on Hwy 80, God's country.

Not too far out of the way I take when weather is bad by Chattanooga. We usually sneak through on 231 when we take Jamie’s dad down to Tampa.

Spent 9 hours plus 2 days in a row on the ladder painting the house.
Ran out of paint today with maybe 30 minutes left to do. So I grabbed the rods and went fishing.
Stupid perch made it hard to keep 2 lines in but did have a little fun.

Now my son 3 will love the perch always giving him something to catch.20190725_200238.jpg

God, please give us Hooterville forever,
And let Hooterville be filled with Nichols and Genos and 1J's and Mooseknuckles and Oneshots, and PowdaPups, and Tuckerz, and those absolutely wonderful children they have,
And give me quiet time to reminisce with them when we get really old.
God bless Hooterville.

Just sayin...

well said dude

Been working two jobs for the last four months and just did three doubles in a row.....cant remember the last time i had a day off. So my buddy and i are headed to the pistol range for a little therapy.

20190726_121140.jpg

What you see (in the crappy cell phone pic) is new to me sig 226 mk25, legion SAO rx, star model bkm and my lil' chiefs special....the only you cant see is the little NAA 22lr revolver.

I decided to go visit an actual bike park today. I'm very fortunate to have this place within 45 minutes of me:
B131B763-CCBA-4E4E-AA81-1241979D76D6.jpeg

I'm sure most have never heard of it, but it's worth a Google. The story behind it's creation is a very good one.

I was very excited to see what real mountain biking was like, at least what this region has to offer and am happy to report, I didn't die. I ran out of gas a few times, and got a little emotional when this 10-ish year old boy passed me going up a hill, but no physical injuries.
E117EBA4-3644-49C7-8086-0CFAC297EF62.jpeg
D1250D1C-7038-43AB-A414-80963444FE1E.jpeg
1CAAA4EC-099B-4B7F-946B-5245CD5D8183.jpeg

EE33FD7D-4A36-4D39-BA45-04A06AC5E606.jpeg

This is some of the handiwork that the friends and members build into this place:
E5D46922-5807-4EFC-AAFE-5925C417FC6E.jpeg

50CE087A-9059-4E65-9E39-54C187937A61.jpeg

No, I didn't attempt either of these. As I said, I didn't die. I pretty much stayed on the beginners trails and had a blast.