• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Good friend is an arborist. You can't believe the shit that grows into trees. Junk thrown at the base of the tree years ago grows right up into them. Bicycles, farm implement parts, insulators used for phone and electricity, etc... Yard trees are the worst for this stuff and why sawmills in our area wont take them.

1578636227062.png

When the tree guys bring me wood, this is the indication that there is metal in the wood.
The grayish blue stain tells me I may be killing a sharpened chain.
What’s the strangest object you’ve ever found while cutting into wood?

Cedar
Got our new wood stood up. A wet and a d r y look.View attachment 7221989View attachment 7221990
Reminds me of the cedar slab bench I bought from some hippies working out of the old train depot not too far up the road from you in Cross City 25yrs ago.

IMG_0529.jpg

Also bought this and a few other neat pieces from them. They had talent but were stoned out of their gourds and not there a couple years later when I went by.

IMG_0530.jpg

@tnichols

Dang! Hate that ice. Dangerous and destructive.

Dont think my folks got a lot of ice over on SW IA. For sure were getting some snow.

Love your comment about the most dangerous part of the day.
I tell people that all the time when they dont know a lot of firearms and their first statement is “they are so dangerous”.
Driving. Not exercising. eating poorly.
All way way more deadly than firearms. An even greater number gap from firearms when the handlers of them know the rules and follow them. JT

Reactions: Geno C.
Spent much of my career on on big FERC gas projects scattered around the country. Last few years before I hung it up was a controversial oil line that was frequently in the news until Trump was elected/intervened.

Spent much of my career on on big FERC gas projects scattered around the country. Last few years before I hung it up was a controversial oil line that was frequently in the news until Trump was elected/intervened.

yes. THAT one.... They are laying new pipe lines all over in my area. Lots of infrastructure investment here in the DJ basin.

Meet Luna the 1 year old rescue we just got. Been wanting to get a rescue for over 2 years always said cant afford to and too busy. We finally said I'm going to make it happen.
Didn't have my son this weekend so I have time to focus on getting her settled in.
20200111_175140.jpgIMG_9634.jpg

Last edited:

Dakota Access Line?

We are having our family Christmas gathering this 18th. As in the past we have a no gift policy except for the grand/great grand kids. The Child Bride and I no longer pile on toys, the rest of the family more than takes care of that for the two youngest. We lean towards more educational things like books and a monthly box of fun stuff from the Kiwi Company.

This year I'm starting a new tradition for the grandkids

P1120664.JPG

Something of lasting value.

We are having our family Christmas gathering this 18th. As in the past we have a no gift policy except for the grand/great grand kids. The Child Bride and I no longer pile on toys, the rest of the family more than takes care of that for the two youngest. We lean towards more educational things like books and a monthly box of fun stuff from the Kiwi Company.

View attachment 7223713

Got a few old and a few new. Most are first salutes form newly commissioned lieutenants
157BD629-FB20-4875-9AD6-AA84B451E8B8.jpeg

Quite the opposite of the lush, green fields Major Wader enjoyed. By now the veg is frozen, and covered in ice or snow. The wind flag covered in ice as well. The visual cues for the wind call are gone. The arrow indicates the actual wind while I sent my 4 today. It’s kinda fun to watch the ice blow off on the initial impact ?
BEA7F2BD-D7E7-41E0-B33F-BA3A65012E74.jpeg
C9F7929B-9D2B-46D0-92E4-812932D081CC.jpeg

View attachment 7223713

I've been buying tubes of silver dollars since my son was born in 1978............I give the kids, and grand kids, and now a couple of great grand kids, silver eagles for Christmas........