• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

This set of pics came from my sister. She has an abundance of copperheads in her neck of the woods. The kids went out to play the other day and got to watch Mother Nature at its finest. Fine Arkansas King Snake doing what it does best
43BBD9DB-91A9-48B3-8758-1988FD7C98A8.jpeg

It’ll be next week at the earliest. Have to get Jamie set up for this weekends shoot. We pull out tomorrow around lunch and won’t be back till Sunday evening. I should have the new 338 Carnie in hand by then also so it will be a busy week

Buddy had a bad afternoon. Just got home. I need automatic beer joint dinner. Heating something I probably shouldn't eat.

Garlic packaging is square. Will wait until Monday to ensure it doesn't sit in some hot ass warehouse or truck over the weekend.

E

View today is pretty blurry, got a call a couple of hours ago from the ICU doctor to confirm my mothers do not resuscitate order, two days short of her 88th birthday.
Prayers for all parties involved.

My sister shared this with my family awhile ago. It fits with what we all do here for each other.
IMG-20200503-WA0001.jpg

View today is pretty blurry, got a call a couple of hours ago from the ICU doctor to confirm my mothers do not resuscitate order, two days short of her 88th birthday.
Aw, Barn, so terribly sorry. Prayers for your mum and to you and your wonderful wife.......:cry:

@barneybdb I'm very sorry to hear this Mate. Godspeed to Mom, and the very best to you, Pam, and all. I/we know it's never easy, ever. But you know the drill. Mom is now at peace and will continue to watch over you and yours from high above. Celebrate her life Mate. I'm certain it's what she would want.

About 40 minutes ago we got the call at 1 am our time that her suffering had ended.

My Stepfataher used to tell a story of one of his good friends.

The gentleman had been married two or three times and each time his wife preceded him in death.

My stepfather attended those funerals.

Than the gentlemans mother died.

He was surprised by how broken his friend was in light of how composed he was at the funerals for his wives.

He asked him why so broken up and his friend replied.

"Jimmy, you only have one mother!"

Its a true story.

My stepfather got a kick out of the humor behind it but he realized the truth of that you only get one Mom that will love you unconditionally the way a Mom does.

Sorry for the loss.

That’s rough Barney.
thinking of you and your family.
get together and tell some stories that really capture her memory. Bring out some good stories about her that make you laugh.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Barney - Never met you, but feel like I know you well. Sorry for your loss. Many condolences, thoughts and prayers from the SE USA to the SE of Australia. All our best to you and Pam from Lori and me.

Hope on your next trip you can see our half of the country.

My view for 13.5 hrs today was the road.

Quick run down to Prescott AZ to pick up a camper with my brother.
He has a specific model Bigfoot in mind and they are apparently rare.....

Anyways, picking up in the AM and hammering home.

Lot of pretty and cool sights today, as well as some darn sad ones cruising across the Navajo Reservation.

Sitting out back with Rebecca waiting on the evening rush to the bird feeder.
It's a little humid...

20200717_191236.jpg

Ended up with lots of cardinals, bluejays, mockingbirds, some doves and a tufted titmouse or three.
We get the occasional catbird and starling too. Thankfully the entire flock of starlings hasn't found the feeder yet.

Last edited: