• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Get a Peterbuilt Conventional. Sorry, hate cabovers.

There is a 2000, 379 just turned over 500,000

1994 W-900 one owner just over 700,000.

The cabover is an 1985 with 400,000 on it.

There are others, but they are just trucks.

I know for my buddy, a cab over for short hauls of grain, crap out of his cow pens to be spread on the fields later, and bringing cows to and from for short distances, was a much cheaper option.

He wanted a Peterbuilt, but the $ difference was significant.

@Icallem - you running Eaton transmissions?
My dad retired from there. Started as a machine operator and was an electrician fixing fancy CNC and robots by the end.

My grandparents got married in Maryville MO just west of you in 1935 at the courthouse.
To broke for anything else.

I love a cab over on a small lot!

Guessing there is a lot of advantage in turn radius and such with them.

Im not a truck driver.

Worked for a construction co. at one time and on one job I was tasked with loading exc. material into trucks for a big project.

I tried to run it like a conductor herding cats.

with 30-40 trucks being fed by 4-5 excavators and a loader or two my challenge was to see how quick I could get them on site than get them out.

Some did not appreciate my demeanor as I was kind of a tyrant. If you fucked up my operation and ruined the flow I let you know.

The upside for them was if it worked they might get an extra trip out of the day.

Dirt broker ruined it though.

He based their pay on a max number of rounds and didnt appreciate the extra loads. I had to stop.

Still though I didnt because the quicker they loaded, the less congestion on my site, the faster the excavator could be used to dig the hole.

That job allowed me to look at a lot of trucks and the riveted Peterbilts were my favorite.

Cabovers dont generally do that work. Guessing long frame is better for construction weights.

A long frame doesn’t do anything but add weight and turning radius. I’ve driven a large percent of trucks made since the 80s and a few from before. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. I love the look of a flat top cab over. You’re seeing more and more restored with long frames now

Numbers were back up and I received treatment yesterday. Doing pretty good but auto inject of Neulasta goes off at 4PM; hopefully it will be better than last time. I made it through last time, so I'm sure with all the care and prayers I'm getting from family and friends, I'll be ok.
View of the right side of the mountain.

View attachment 7447109
Did you look into Neulasta ?
Me and that stuff did not get along.

Deck 45 minute outside of Durango having a cold beer and listening to the bulls not getting any action sound off their frustration...:ROFLMAO:
sunset.JPG
sunset.JPG

But since I’m here and for the wondering crowd.
The truck was moved to Rick Hendrick Dodge in Fayetteville, NC. Apparently, someone thought they were smarter and may be able to fix it. Received a call from an Executive Referral Manager, who said he was now personally in charge of my case. Guess we will see what that means. He seemed surprised it had been in repair that long

On a conference call, sitting out back with the wife's birds. This one keeps circling me and giving me the stare down.
20201022_175111_resized - Copy.jpg

@tnichols - we need some details! What time did Ty run?

Where was the race and where is state?

Several friends of mine ran CC growing up. One for a full ride to Wartburg College in Waverly for running. Was 1st alternate for 10k meters for London.

Reactions: Sgt47
@tnichols - we need some details! What time did Ty run?

Where was the race and where is state?

Several friends of mine ran CC growing up. One for a full ride to Wartburg College in Waverly for running. Was 1st alternate for 10k meters for London.
Race was in Jesup, just east of Waterloo. Ty ran a 17:09 which put him 5th. State is always in Fort Dodge. They won state last year and are ranked #2. It’ll be tough to repeat this year. They’re having fun and getting to play/run, so that’s what matters.

20201023_151022.jpg

Needed to get out of the house and practice with the tripod setup. Local range, kept it short at 300. 3:00 wind at 12 mph, 20°. 1.2 up, .7 left, scope at 12x. The entire system works very well except for the trigger operator who is rusty and out of shape. Next trip out will be weeds at the 600 yd gravel pile.

I like the Pig Saddle, plan on upgrading to the Hog MOD7 before 2021 spring.

Got a text from my mom. My dad is in the ER still tests positive for covid. We believe he just extremely dehydrated.
Same day they get a call that they can go back out quoriteen time is up.
Son can go back to school Friday.
What a mess.

Got a text from my mom. My dad is in the ER still tests positive for covid. We believe he just extremely dehydrated.
Same day they get a call that they can go back out quoriteen time is up.
Son can go back to school Friday.
What a mess.
It sure is. Stay healthy and we’ll all come out of this on the backside just fine

The diesel came out of the shop. Has a little over 300 miles on it as of today with no lights or issues, knock on wood. Chrysler corporation exec called yesterday with a peace offering. Have to see what it truly means but may be moving out of this truck soon
1FF5D45B-4E5F-4248-92DC-18CB1579C8E7.jpeg