• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Heading over the hill for radiation treatment this morning. A little rain and some fog later but no snow. Weird winter.
ACtC-3fK8bRJVte8MvVkHi2zdEn7im6dTeZM77S9vnEFcs6WwRbLieWxvZefqNpyQXjOfltDps0k9cujj6zso3HjTJsjq-...jpg

How far would depend on what starting position you used. Running, standing, prone low crawl? Whichever you choose, we'll need video with commentary, both ascending and descending.
Low crawl is out, had enough of that crap in a previous life. No video, decided I kinda like this barn and the people that run it. The rock pole was given a pass.......for that day

Leaving Grand Junction CO today headed for home after a 96 month inspection. Having grown up in flat land country, the Rockies still intrigue me. Only one glitch (thankful) was that the WiFi wasn’t working. First world problems. Still beats airline travel all to hell.
48E93B81-7974-44F2-8CBD-DB9C1B5EFC85.jpeg

Fake mall-crawler beadlocks?
No beadlock at all. Mall crawler? Are you implying this Jeep doesn’t get dirty or work?

edit: it is actually a simulated two piece wheel like a hummwv style, but without the dangerous real qualities a two piece wheel gives you.

Last edited:
@tnichols - i cant sort out those ski areas 100%
Almost certain now it is Vail, but not so sure.
Cool shot either way.

I have actually only skied a handful of our ski areas here.
spent more time climbing and skiing in the back country -where there use to be no people. Now its over run with morons

Last edited:
Is a hippostewardess related to a twatapotamous?

Similar, though not as direct as one may think. Hippostewardess is mostly based on being fat and bossy, twatapotamous is a descriptor of just behavior and has no link to their genetically assigned gender. can be male or female (only 2, seriously).

For example, a hippo stewardess can also be a twatapotampous

Similar, though not as direct as one may think. Hippostewardess is mostly based on being fat and bossy, twatapotamous is a descriptor of just behavior and has no link to their genetically assigned gender. can be male or female (only 2, seriously).

For example, a hippo stewardess can also be a twatapotampous
Thank you good sir for the education. If they taught our kids this in the school systems, we would be much better off.

No beadlock at all. Mall crawler? Are you implying this Jeep doesn’t get dirty or work?

edit: it is actually a simulated two piece wheel like a hummwv style, but without the dangerous real qualities a two piece wheel gives you.
The HMMWV wheel is a beadlock wheel.

Not saying yours doesn't get dirty but the fake beadlock look is usually reserved for the posers. If you aren't one, then good on you for using the Jeep as intended. Though all that extra meat on wheels simply adds unwanted, un-sprung weight. Wheels should be as light as possible (while still retaining strength) to offset the increase in weight going to a larger tire adds.

This is my ride on the gatekeeper in Calico Canyon. I got those crushed rockers doing a couple of the Hammer Trails.

DNyAmTt.jpg

GNR70Wt.jpg

That was at the 35th Anniversary of the Bronco. If you look close in both pictures you can see the person that took the opposite picture. One through my windshield and the other poking out from my rear passenger side.

This was my wife's ride until we sold it when we left CA. Kind of regreting that now as with the release of the new Bronco I could have gotten another $10K for it in the current market. A friend of mine's nicely built Bronco that will be on the market soon, has jumped from the $60K he was anticipatng to $120K now.

sDY7LUU.jpg

On Edit - That creased front fender was earned off-road running the Pilot Rock trail at a Bronco get together.

Last edited:
Is a hippostewardess related to a twatapotamous?

Hi,

Commonly confused but different species altogether...although the 289lb lard ass with the 80lb English bulldog as emotional support animal was indeed the twatapotamus species...the very elusive asexual genre...
The dog was needed for his PTSD but wait, there's more....
PTSD is because his cousin is serving in US Army.

Sincerely,
Theis

this the one who is planning to be a vet?
Darn good artwork either way.
Just cool to be artistic like that. My oldest brother has it, very gifted.

Yes sir, that’s the one.
Thanks Powdahound. Her and her brother both are very talented when it comes to drawing. If you remember, she’s the one that drew the glasses I posted a couple years ago. This is done in pencil.

17E86C76-DB32-4C1D-9409-B8F2184199D9.jpeg

This is a snake she drew a while back. Also done in pencil. She blows my mind with her talent.

951D7574-07ED-404B-A610-F7C05487AF6B.jpeg

The HMMWV wheel is a beadlock wheel.

Not saying yours doesn't get dirty but the fake beadlock look is usually reserved for the posers. If you aren't one, then good on you for using the Jeep as intended. Though all that extra meat on wheels simply adds unwanted, un-sprung weight. Wheels should be as light as possible (while still retaining strength) to offset the increase in weight going to a larger tire adds.

This is my ride on the gatekeeper in Calico Canyon. I got those crushed rockers doing a couple of the Hammer Trails.

DNyAmTt.jpg

GNR70Wt.jpg

That was at the 35th Anniversary of the Bronco. If you look close in both pictures you can see the person that took the opposite picture. One through my windshield and the other poking out from my rear passenger side.

This was my wife's ride until we sold it when we left CA. Kind of regreting that now as with the release of the new Bronco I could have gotten another $10K for it in the current market. A friend of mine's nicely built Bronco that will be on the market soon, has jumped from the $60K he was anticipatng to $120K now.

sDY7LUU.jpg
This is a beadlock wheel?
BF3594A4-21DA-4E6D-9B68-2EFB63D2B5E6.jpeg

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
@tnichols - i cant sort out those ski areas 100%
Almost certain now it is Vail, but not so sure.
Cool shot either way.

I have actually only skied a handful of our ski areas here.
spent more time climbing and skiing in the back country -where there use to be no people. Now its over run with morons
It could very well be Vail, IDK. I know we were past Aspen and Rifle at that point.

Reactions: powdahound76
Yes sir, that’s the one.
Thanks Powdahound. Her and her brother both are very talented when it comes to drawing. If you remember, she’s the one that drew the glasses I posted a couple years ago. This is done in pencil.

View attachment 7524132

This is a snake she drew a while back. Also done in pencil. She blows my mind with her talent.

View attachment 7524133
Talented woman!
Has she ever tried tattooing?

Yes, that is one type of beadlock setup.

The split rim is needed to enable the run flat insert to be mounted and it does lock the beads in place. That's how they can continue to drive with the run flat insert. Otherwise the tire would just come off the rim.
Ok, so new learnin for me then. I always assumed they were just regular old rims in all those days if torturing them. I did some reading and it is actually considered a double beadlock style. So, were my corvette wheels beadlock since they had run flats in them? That would make me a real poser to have beadlocks on a coupe

Ok, so new learnin for me then. I always assumed they were just regular old rims in all those days if torturing them. I did some reading and it is actually considered a double beadlock style. So, were my corvette wheels beadlock since they had run flats in them? That would make me a real poser to have beadlocks on a coupe
Yes I was aware of the double beadlock feature but didn't want to get more technical then the conversation required. For a while we had guys running modified HMMWV wheels on their Early Broncos. Though it was more for the "look at me" feature since they are HEAVY and like I said adds unsprung weight that is a bad thing.

As to your Vette, you didn't have run flat inserts nor beadlocks. What you have are run flat "TIRES". That are specially reinforced to stay seated in the wheel bead and support the car without air in tire. They are heavier and perform less well than regular tires.

Yes I was aware of the double beadlock feature but didn't want to get more technical then the conversation required. For a while we had guys running modified HMMWV wheels on their Early Broncos. Though it was more for the "look at me" feature since they are HEAVY and like I said adds unsprung weight that is a bad thing.

As to your Vette, you didn't have run flat inserts nor beadlocks. What you have are run flat "TIRES". That are specially reinforced to stay seated in the wheel bead and support the car without air in tire. They are heavier and perform less well than regular tires.

I should have laid the sarcasm on thicker, sorry

I should have laid the sarcasm on thicker, sorry
Wasn't any need for sarcasm in the first place.

While I correctly commented that fake beadlocks were mostly for the poser crowd, I did continue on with kudos for you if you were in fact using the Jeep as intended.

Kind of like going out in skinny jeans with a man bun and then wondering why people assume you are a soyboi.

Feel free to post up some pictures of the Jeep "getting dirty".

my dad had those on a little coupe and got rid of them pronto for a quieter and better ride, as well as the performance.
295 hp in a light car (Z4) needs serious tires.
He and my mom love cruising around in that thing.

Reactions: Steve_In_29
Another day

Must have been 2008/2009, we just got our first Charger, one of only a few in the whole state. i was chasing speed one sunday morning, chick blew by me at 110 or so and i took off after her. well it was a little faster than the clapped out crown vic i was used to driving and when i looked down at my radar i was doing 140 and almost rear ended her before i stood on the brakes. got her the next weekend too for 100+ lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Badfinger
Must have been 2008/2009, we just got our first Charger, one of only a few in the whole state. i was chasing speed one sunday morning, chick blew by me at 110 or so and i took off after her. well it was a little faster than the clapped out crown vic i was used to driving and when i looked down at my radar i was doing 140 and almost rear ended her before i stood on the brakes. got her the next weekend too for 100+ lol.
If this were a made for TV movie you would have ended up marrying her. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Badfinger
Yes sir, that’s the one.

View attachment 7524132

View attachment 7524133
She has MAD skills!!

That one is a 2020 Durango. Certainly not fast but more practical for what we do.

Reactions: bfk4lyfe