Maggie’s  What's Your View II

Jscb1b

Dumbass.
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Dec 22, 2018
    Arizona
    Boys got little helmets today. They both have slightly asymmetrical heads due to being very growth restricted in the womb. Helmets are for purely cosmetic reasons. They seem fine with them but it was a little heartbreaking seeing them both for the first time. View attachment 7519954View attachment 7519955
    Why are the helmets mirrored? Is that where their heads pressed together?

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Why are the helmets mirrored? Is that where their heads pressed together?
    Yeah, it's where they were pressed together. My wife has an odd shaped uterus, which we didn't find out until the emergency c-section. Her odds of carrying twins that survived was less than one in 500 million.

powdahound76

Old tired dad
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 7, 2011
    Denver CO
    Boys got little helmets today. They both have slightly asymmetrical heads due to being very growth restricted in the womb. Helmets are for purely cosmetic reasons. They seem fine with them but it was a little heartbreaking seeing them both for the first time. View attachment 7519954View attachment 7519955
    Yeah, it's where they were pressed together. My wife has an odd shaped uterus, which we didn't find out until the emergency c-section. Her odds of carrying twins that survived was less than one in 500 million.

Wow!!
    Doctors dont always know much about odds.
    they told my mom she would never live 36 years ago.
    I just texted with her a little bit ago....

helmets look good.
    hopefully they dont need em later like their dad... 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

glad the boys are doing well. The helmets are cute. But I wont lie, as long as they arent hurt or sick, I will probably think that. Those two are adorable.

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Wow!!
    Doctors dont always know much about odds.
    they told my mom she would never live 36 years ago.
    I just texted with her a little bit ago....

helmets look good.
    hopefully they dont need em later like their dad... 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

glad the boys are doing well. The helmets are cute. But I wont lie, as long as they arent hurt or sick, I will probably think that. Those two are adorable.
    She has a bicornuate uterus. Twins are extremely rare. It's the reason they were so early. Her uterus couldn't expand to accommodate them without separating from the uterine wall and causing a major bleed. It's also why the doc early on discussed potentially aborting Gus. They didn't think he'd make it and we might lose both.

Reactions: powdahound76

Major Wader

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 23, 2013
    She has a bicornuate uterus. Twins are extremely rare. It's the reason they were so early. Her uterus couldn't expand to accommodate them without separating from the uterine wall and causing a major bleed. It's also why the doc early on discussed potentially aborting Gus. They didn't think he'd make it and we might lose both.

Glad you didn't listen to them!!

Nodakplowboy

Grumpy Gramps
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 4, 2017
    December 1984, trapline winding down for the year.
    20210104_055503.jpg

Had sold several prior to photo to buy gas for the trapping rig, caught a few more after with snow sets. Snares at that time were not yet legal (don't get caught). When the snow got to deep, it simply didn't pay to to keep checking sets, time to pull stakes.

Trapping was all the rage back then, those few of us who had been doing for some time had a lot of beginners to trip over. Still caught fox. Moved off the farm in 87, never set another long line again. All those years and only caught one yote. Nowadays, that's about all there is, very few reds.

Good times.

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2020
    St Johns, AZ

roostercogburn98

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 3, 2010
    How far would depend on what starting position you used. Running, standing, prone low crawl? Whichever you choose, we'll need video with commentary, both ascending and descending.
    Low crawl is out, had enough of that crap in a previous life. No video, decided I kinda like this barn and the people that run it. The rock pole was given a pass.......for that day