• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

That "accidentally" gets dropped in the front piece. But I'm pretty certain some seed is gonna get "accidentally" dropped in that clearcut. But it's not a food plot. 😄

I hear corn fed elk are fine eatin. I don't know seasons on that sort of thing. I did get my new baby seal clubbing permit. The rules have changed. If there were any to begin with.

E

1613456760619.png

Yes when I got back in the car and had to drive him back to the Barracks with a "tucked football hold" that right red eye stared at me the whole way thinking "I will rip your fucking eyes out and skull fuck you" if given the chance.

Looks to be a young bird.

He was just sitting in the high speed lane with a dead pidgeon (@Bender would you like the corpse?) laying nearby.

Usually they are stunned from flying into the side of a vehicle but this guy shows no external injury. Might have misjudged his pidgeon kill and smacked asphalt.

Whatever healthy animals usually don't let people pick them up. I split my breeches from balls to boot top making the grab, pretty typical, the 1930s uniforms look good but aren't made for athletics.

Environmental Police are coming to pick him up for a ride to the vet clinic.
Yup, looks like a young Coopers Hawk. We have a small group of them in town and they know where every bird feeder is located.

Clearing off the driveway yesterday morning and it's about 3*. I noticed a bat flying around my security light, really?
You can see it on the lower right screen flying upward at 21 seconds and after watching the video I see it's chasing bugs. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Well, with (maybe) Tom Johnston from The Doobie Brothers, and @Geno C. watching over you, you can't go wrong!
Those little guys keep hanging out. I move them, but they always find their way back to creeping on me. Not really as much help as I’d like from them.

On a new view. The 7400 needs some parts, so waiting for numrich to deliver.

had a serious talk with the bug last night. Told her she had too many things going on and preceded to strip some unnecessary wiring from her. Wish I had a before picture, but it was a disaster. The pile is what I removed, still may get a few more loose ends today.
EF9440FE-0F1D-4464-ACBC-B64381019F82.jpeg
25D2284B-E5CD-4FA1-A4BE-AC293DBBD07F.jpeg

Just can’t find the motivation today. Don’t desperately need it , but I’m swapping some other parts and this is easy to do while those happen. Fucking rain and cool weather makes me want to sit and watch it with a warm cup of coffee.
1104A79A-D66C-4F8D-9978-2FFEE6060F19.jpeg

Beautiful winter day yesterday. 18 degrees, sun, and no wind at our FP. Got to shoot some and spot for a friend. Don’t dig on him for that wonky left leg position. It got between a motorcycle and a bus when he was young, so it doesn’t work the best.

We noticed the 1,030 yard target was giving very little audible feed back. I blamed it on the dense air and wind direction. When painting steel this morning, I discovered another reason. Snow is getting pretty deep.
F476DA92-29E9-4DB5-936D-B6FE8E495CEE.jpeg
00BF3CC1-3CF6-43B3-9AD9-D927F1E0DD0D.jpeg

Beautiful winter day yesterday. 18 degrees, sun, and no wind at our FP. Got to shoot some and spot for a friend. Don’t dig on him for that wonky left leg position. It got between a motorcycle and a bus when he was young, so it doesn’t work the best.

We noticed the 1,030 yard target was giving very little audible feed back. I blamed it on the dense air and wind direction. When painting steel this morning, I discovered another reason. Snow is getting pretty deep.
View attachment 7561451View attachment 7561454

I like the "see through" handrail. Do you run a rose bud on the deck or is it heated?

E

Reactions: oneshot86
Neither. Just clean it every time it snows and let the sun get to it when it can. It’s been tough keeping it clean this year. We shoot under the seating benches. Behind us is traditional deck railing with spindles. I built it about 15 years ago. I’m an amateur.

I should note that the portion he’s on is elevated roughly 4’ above grade. The part I’m on is a step down from that. Snow is level full now on the lower portion. I built the railing so a snow shovel fits under it.

FWIW, I ended up trimming the spring and polishing the chamber. My 270 runs like a champ now.
Chamber has been polished, but I’ve read about those needed a loop off the spring to make them play nice sometimes. Thanks for the heads up, it might come to clipping the spring