• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

This has been combined as high moisture corn (26-30% moisture content). It’s then run through a roller mill and packed into a bunker. Silage cutting was finished about 2 weeks ago as it’s been dry this year. Surprisingly, with little to no rain and oppressive heat, the yield was amazing. Good soil, hybrids, plenty of nutrients, etc... These guys feed roughly 4-5K head a year along with a substantial cow/calf operation. Great family and good neighbors.
View attachment 7707355
Finishing pulling corn down here Friday. Yield monitor wasn't working ,but corn yielded great,except where it was blown down and covered with morning glories. Been raining on and off since ,so no bean cutting is happening. Before rain stopped us,soybeans were yielding 100 + . I'm not surprised, last year I saw a lot of 125 beans when monitor was working. Be glad when this is over ,I'm about tired of ride Foley ride.

Reactions: tnichols
IMG_20210921_064658882.jpg

Rolling into work this morning...

If that’s nice, I don’t want to be there when it’s nasty. Ill pass.
Only because I work outside in it can I say it's nice out now, otherwise...
Winters up by you guys would have me all brittle and shit, I'd be sitting on the register looking out the window, steaming up the glass.😆

Reactions: tnichols
Yep Needles Hiway , got a stretched Humve limo to go down it to 😆👍

We passed through that loophole in 2014 on our family trip in the Honda Pilot.

It was at that moment I was glad we had not rented a camper as I dont think it would have fit.

@Powder_Burns - back in July, I was up there at the range, running a couple ladder tests and zeroing a scope.

Guy came over and told me there was no way my 18" .308 would be an accurate gun with that short of barrel. Let me know I needed more room for "spin and speed"

I asked if he wanted to each shoot a 5 rd group to see who's barrel was better....

@Powder_Burns - back in July, I was up there at the range, running a couple ladder tests and zeroing a scope.

Guy came over and told me there was no way my 18" .308 would be an accurate gun with that short of barrel. Let me know I needed more room for "spin and speed"

I asked if he wanted to each shoot a 5 rd group to see who's barrel was better....

I argue from necessity shorter is always better.

You mean that little range in dillon by the landfill?

Reactions: powdahound76
Well when you get sustained gusts of 80-120mph for a few hours in one direction, and a few hours in the other, and your neighborhood looks like this the next morning,
80F11905-8E50-4943-94E1-0D10B9FC6FF2.jpeg

and then that 97°F 1200% RH kicks in by 8AM and you realize your central AC doesn’t quite work when your power grid is down for 3 weeks and you have no roof...yeah it gets nasty.

Strange looking dog eh !!🙃
Taken by a friend on Mt Nebo State Park , Arkansas Yesterday.
He / They know their safe on top. May not see colors , convinced they can read !
I’ve seen 20+ quite a few times over the years. Hes healthy , does looking like they need deer sammiches.
Hell on gardens though.
Not seen that on Mt. Nebo before but I have almost clobbered one on the way up! Full disclosure I was treating it a hill climb. :LOL: You really can read your own license plate a few times on the way up if you try hard enough!

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
Not seen that on Mt. Nebo before but I have almost clobbered one on the way up! Full disclosure I was treating it a hill climb. :LOL: You really can read your own license plate a few times on the way up if you try hard enough!
Always see tons of deer on Nebo.

Reactions: nikonNUT
So I have my dad’s truck at my place, went to use it a few days ago..., battery dead. Tried a jump back no luck. Last night my dad brings out a charger . It was on 3 hours last night and 6 today.
Got home from work mixed up chemical to spot spray the edge of the hay fields. Truck still won’t start. Unhook the battery and put the charger on it... we wait
So I take my 10 gallon of chemical 2 five gallon buckets and I carry them 300 yards and spray... 4 gallon solo back pack sprayer.

so I needed some trigger time.
D6EE9FEE-0E27-457D-AE0B-7FF3A238CCE3.jpeg

Great day Sunday... Started on the range at 100, then 410, then moved back to 835. Far as I can go without being in the road. I've been working on my fundamentals out to about 620. Very pleased with the results today. First shot was low and kind of expected. I knew I'd need to true the MV. I was just glad it was on steel. I adjusted up .2 mil but held too much wind on the 2nd. Adjusted up .2 again, 9.0 total for 3, 4, and 5. Target is a full size IPSC. Gun is a Ruger Precision Rifle in 308 shooting 175 grain FGGM. It is so addictive...

Attachments

• 20210926_154502.jpg
    20210926_154502.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Target view.jpg
    Target view.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Earth.png
    Earth.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
So I have my dad’s truck at my place, went to use it a few days ago..., battery dead. Tried a jump back no luck. Last night my dad brings out a charger . It was on 3 hours last night and 6 today.
Got home from work mixed up chemical to spot spray the edge of the hay fields. Truck still won’t start. Unhook the battery and put the charger on it... we wait
So I take my 10 gallon of chemical 2 five gallon buckets and I carry them 300 yards and spray... 4 gallon solo back pack sprayer.

so I needed some trigger time.
View attachment 7709878
I have one of those pistols. Great little truck gun. If you pull the grip and disconnect one side of the trigger spring, it cuts the trigger pull down to about 2.5 pounds.

Great day Sunday... Started on the range at 100, then 410, then moved back to 835. Far as I can go without being in the road. I've been working on my fundamentals out to about 620. Very pleased with the results today. First shot was low and kind of expected. I knew I'd need to true the MV. I was just glad it was on steel. I adjusted up .2 mil but held too much wind on the 2nd. Adjusted up .2 again, 9.0 total for 3, 4, and 5. Target is a full size IPSC. Gun is a Ruger Precision Rifle in 308 shooting 175 grain FGGM. It is so addictive...

I have steel and Mspeed lights we could stick out there to give you more targets...

We could work on positional shooting as well.

1632770323851.png