• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

There's a hole in the work front, good time to head to The Farm for a few days. Again time to mow and start buttoning up for winter. Set a few traps around the yard last night, attempting to make a dent in the prolific coon community
20211008_075928.jpg

These two yearlings took the bait, dog proof traps and cat food. Sure like those dp traps, easy to set and bait and work very well, no pull outs. Long stake, short chain, no problems.
The resident whitetail herd that lives around the farmstead looks healthy. Watched a nice doe and her two kids last night at dusk, dinking around at the end of a tree row. Venison roasts and chops are in the future.
Another beautiful day in Upper Dakota.

Love that drive this time of year.

Back when I had days off, I would drive up and bust ass up Grizzly and back.
good training hike with 30 lbs and moving as fast as one can uphill.
How long is that trail? I ran about 3/4 of the way up that first hill to snap that pic and it kicked my ass.

Reactions: powdahound76
That sucks.
surgery or no?

old people are often tougher than crap. Deal with pain that would have a 25 yr old in tears with barely a wince.

Things to make sure of:
Using non narcotic pain meds to max efficiency then opiods as needed.

On some kind of treatment to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis (clots)

He sleeps at night, not awakened 6 x to “see how he is doing”

Peeing and pooping on regular schedule (gets missed more than you think)

Make sure he is staying hydrated (but not fluid overloaded, most often by IV) and has food he actually wants to eat a little of. Maybe even bring him stuff from outside.

Lots of deep breathing or an incentive spirometer. Even without chest trauma, pain meds and sitting around even more leads old people to breathe less deep. Which isnt good.

I love caring for old folks and hate hospitals. Nurse shortages, overloaded patient assignments, etc lead to challenges. Be his advocate.
Rehab is better than SNF for discharge (if he can meet 3 hrs a day therapy requirements) if he needs it and cannot return to prior living situation immediately.

Last, will add your pops to the prayer list. Little love and mercy hurts no one in a hospital!!
You too, as being the caregiver for aging folks has a toll on us too.
🙏

That sucks.
surgery or no?

old people are often tougher than crap. Deal with pain that would have a 25 yr old in tears with barely a wince.

Things to make sure of:

Make sure he is staying hydrated (but not fluid overloaded, most often by IV) and has food he actually wants to eat a little of. Maybe even bring him stuff from outside.

Lots of deep breathing or an incentive spirometer. Even without chest trauma, pain meds and sitting around even more leads old people to breathe less deep. Which isnt good.

I love caring for old folks and hate hospitals. Nurse shortages, overloaded patient assignments, etc lead to challenges. Be his advocate.
Rehab is better than SNF for discharge (if he can meet 3 hrs a day therapy requirements) if he needs it and cannot return to prior living situation immediately.

Last, will add your pops to the prayer list. Little love and mercy hurts no one in a hospital!!
🙏
Thank you. Surgery unlikely. Good advice most of these are covered. Waiting on “Case Management “ to decide on home or rehab, I hope the latter as that’s a safer option for a few days.

Reactions: powdahound76
Yep. They will take advice from PT an OT working with him.
No surgery is good news. Less crap the do and the sooner he is outta there, the better!

Reactions: TXAZ
That sucks.
surgery or no?

Things to make sure of:

🙏
Prayer sent

Reactions: TXAZ
Lol try being a tech @Geno C.
Tell a customer it’s 20-100 to ship Deere parts when you are a dealer and they get pissed . I’m on the small side mowers and compact tractor up to 4 series.
View attachment 7719475
broken U joint on drive shaft broke the input shaft on transmission. I can’t get the U joint only the complete drive shaft.
Same way with the new gators. Steering assembly is one big piece. Had to remove whole front end to replace.
Haven’t done much heavy work on my 1025R, but don’t look forward to that day based off how it looks

Lol try being a tech @Geno C.
Tell a customer it’s 20-100 to ship Deere parts when you are a dealer and they get pissed . I’m on the small side mowers and compact tractor up to 4 series.
View attachment 7719475
broken U joint on drive shaft broke the input shaft on transmission. I can’t get the U joint only the complete drive shaft.
Been thinking about your post today, and don’t recall ever paying shipping on parts to one of our local dealers. If you want it next day, then yes. Day after is always just parts cost plus tax. Seems strange that as a dealer in the Midwest (you’re KS if I remember correctly) that Deere is charging and passing along shipping. However, it could be our close proximity to corporate/warehousing that changes that...🤷🏼‍♂️

@tnichols
It’s the over night ( machine down)parts that we change shipping not stock order.
Problem is if Deere doesn’t have it or a lot of it we have to machine down the part to ever get it.
Deere can have 5 let’s say spindles for a z930m in the machine down inventory. So you stock order and Deere has none in stock order inventory you won’t see that part for months sometimes. So if we machine down the part I’ll have it the next day.
Stock order no cost machine down costs.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Reactions: mtrmn and tnichols
@tnichols
It’s the over night ( machine down)parts that we change shipping not stock order.
Problem is if Deere doesn’t have it or a lot of it we have to machine down the part to ever get it.
Deere can have 5 let’s say spindles for a z930m in the machine down inventory. So you stock order and Deere has none in stock order inventory you won’t see that part for months sometimes. So if we machine down the part I’ll have it the next day.
Stock order no cost machine down costs.
Hopefully that makes sense.
Yup, makes sense.

Over on the red AG side of things we have a "max force" program for parts. If we "max force " a part, Case will pull it from anywhere in the world.

Reactions: jrassy
Just get rid of that shit. It’s nothing but a pain
I got another 108,000 miles worth of warranty left on this beater. I’m hoping to get my money’s worth from Chrysler considering they gave me an 8 year, 125k warranty free. All I had to do was suffer through 8 months of agony with my 1500 truck haha