• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos When Pigs Die

redirt78

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2011
Georgia ***USA***
Me and three friends hammered down on some pigs tonight. The big one is 250+ and took quite a few 556 and 308 Arrow rounds before he fell over, then one more 10mm to finish him. None of the shots made it all the way through him, was a tough joker. Can't say the same for the others, they got tore up. Fed a few families and got rid of some crop killers.

We spot them with a FLIR camera then stalk them until they start to get jumpy, then the countdown begins...

Good times

Here are a few more pics

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx118/redirt78/WhenPigsDie/WhenPigsDie-2-1.jpg

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx118/redirt78/WhenPigsDie/WhenWhatInTheeHell.jpg

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx118/redirt78/WhenPigsDie/WhenPigsDie-7-1-1.jpg

Re: When Pigs Die

He was solid. They do get bigger though, lots of farmland around here. Makes me want my own NV bad. Luckily my friends are cool enough to let me in on it. Probably shot more rounds tonight than I will all deer season

Nice pigs. Those tusks could sure do some damage if he got ahold of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">super tac ir is beast ain't it....i love mine. </div></div>

Yeah man, makes a huge difference

I was using 75 grain OTM's from Southwest Ammo.

I will have to check on what the other two guns were running. I know one was 556 and the other was a 308 Arrow shooting 130 grains and both of those had blue ballistic tips. Not sure if they were Barnes TSX, Nosler's or something else.

Gun show here in Birmingham, AL had several pay hunts at booths for NV hog hunts in GA. About $400 each per night. Was yours private or payed?

Private but all three of the guys I was with offer paid hunts. Two own a local gun store and the other one runs a family farm and hunting camp down the road from me.

I'd rather say 250+ than 300. Keeps from having people second guess what you say. We would have weighed him but it was midnight and we had a family right down the road who had asked for a hog and we didn't want to keep them up any longer. Plus it was the easiest way to get rid of him and we weren't passing that up. We all agreed he was over 250 but not over 300. I'm 6'3 and 240. He was bigger than me but not by much. Probably tougher though haha

It is some of the most fun I have ever had hunting. Day or night, stalking hogs is awesome but most of the guys I go with are farmers and hate them. Getting on them like we did last night is sweet revenge for them. We only had one escape and he left with holes in him. 5 confirmed out of 6 is a good night for us. Tied their best yet for pigs on the ground and they have been going at least once a week for about 6 months now

That's a great hog, I'm about to head to TX to catch a few. We tie them and I usually only kill one a year for the freezer.

I have no idea what they charge but if you are serious about wanting to come to Central Georgia to hunt I can ask them. It's never a sure thing as to whether you get on them every time you go so I'm not sure I'd travel a long ways to do it. It has been good lately though and some neighbors are planting more crops soon and asked for help with hogs. Pm me if you want

I see a whole lot of pork shank lol... I wish we had pig hunting up here...

It is a lot of fun man, highly recommend doing it sometime. Let me know if your'e ever in the neighborhood.

Nice Hog. Looks like hes pushing 300. Been NV Hog hunting with Jager Pro in Ga. Its a Blast. You can get spoiled hunting at night with thermal gear. If ya get a chance, don't pass it up.

Question: Did you manage to recover any of the bullets. I'm especially curious about what the 556 looked like. Also, did the 10 mm exit the hog's skull?

Great work and thanks for the pics.

I would definately not use AR type of a rifle for shooting wild pigs
smile.gif

I just love this....Want to go Hogging so bad....
Got all the gear just the wrong caliber....556 ain't going to do squat unless I get a well placed shot.
However, take me and all you can borrow my night and thermal vision...!!!!!!