• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When Pirating, Skip the US Warships and Go for Something Else

Early in the morning of March 18, 2006,,,,, but yes, it definitely needs to happen a lot more often. The 'happy endings' such as these! Just makes you wonder what we don't know, eh?

I have to ask, is anyone hiring on the "civilian security" jobs like these?

R

Actually, yes... at least a few years ago. A buddy of mine who was former USBP started one of these firms and was offering me the sun and the moon to come out and play. It was not an opportune time. Though tempting when the temps at Schloss Nitrocellulose were dipping in to the -10 range.

But there are lots of openings for those with some credentials who want to work maritime security and like baking on a hot deck in the sun.

Interesting aside... they'd buy cheap-o AR's for the cruises. Go from ship to ship via helicopter for a few weeks. Then when it was time to port, they would dump the AR's over the side... go to port and have a great time. Spend their huge daily per-diem's. Really. Huge !!! And when the cycle started again, it would be with a new AR. Simply put, they could not port on a commercial vessel with weapons onboard. But they could get new ones with no problem once a few miles off-shore. Choppers would deliver.

There's a lot of nice, low-mileage AR's at the bottom of the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean.

Cheers,

Sirhr

LMFAO. I love this shit. Bring your weak sauce up on a man of war? Riiiiight. We and every other Navy should smoke these turds unmercifully. We shooed way more idiots than we should have when we shoulda let the grunts hold target practice off the sponson's. Now someone moist towelette me. ; )

I'm not real bright, but isn't this like trying to pull over a semi from the seat of a moped? WTF are they thinking?

Actually, yes... at least a few years ago. A buddy of mine who was former USBP started one of these firms and was offering me the sun and the moon to come out and play. It was not an opportune time. Though tempting when the temps at Schloss Nitrocellulose were dipping in to the -10 range.

But there are lots of openings for those with some credentials who want to work maritime security and like baking on a hot deck in the sun.

Interesting aside... they'd buy cheap-o AR's for the cruises. Go from ship to ship via helicopter for a few weeks. Then when it was time to port, they would dump the AR's over the side... go to port and have a great time. Spend their huge daily per-diem's. Really. Huge !!! And when the cycle started again, it would be with a new AR. Simply put, they could not port on a commercial vessel with weapons onboard. But they could get new ones with no problem once a few miles off-shore. Choppers would deliver.

There's a lot of nice, low-mileage AR's at the bottom of the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean.

Cheers,

Sirhr

what about average joes that like money? can we do this?

what about average joes that like money? can we do this?

i mean, im sure its possible if you know the right people who can vouch for you......but think about it from the position of the shipping company......do you really want bubba-joe whos only training is a 8 hr Tactical Response class being responsible for the security and safety of your multi million dollar ship and crew?

more importantly, think about the liability if something does go wrong.....its a lot easier to defend your choice in security when they have 10 years in the marines, or 15 years SWAT on their resume....than it is to defend some bloke who took a couple training classes.

Bearnekkid:

Pretty much as Cameron says. For a while the Blackwater Academy was doing training in things like bodyguarding and security/maritime contracting. But I honestly don't know how many people got actual jobs after taking all the requisite courses.

And there are always security companies out there who hire warm bodies... and worry about their skill sets later. Or not at all. (Google Gecko45 Mall Ninja sometime for a laugh...)

Fact is that after 15 years of conflict in the Sandbox (and elsewhere), and with many police departments and federal LE officers receiving levels of training unheard-of a few decades ago, there are tens of thousands of tier-one types who have been selected, trained, background checked, vetted and proven in the field... and they have the best training that your tax dollars can buy ranging from weapons and engagement skills to language training and, in many cases, L.E. certifications. So with all that talent floating out there and competing for a limited (and currently shrinking) number of contracting jobs... why would security companies (or shipping companies) take the risk with unproven folks, no matter how talented.

Never say never. But my guess is that your competition will be stiff.

Cheers,

Sirhr

From what ive heard, and someone with more knowledge please chime in if im wrong, but that its a lot easier to get a job with a PMC if you have some type of transferable skills......diesel mechanic, translator, emt/ RN, communications, welding, heavy equipmentboperator, ect.....and to me that makes sense, anyone with fingers can be taught to shoot a gun....but filling specialized gaps in the system is a bit harder.

i mean, im sure its possible if you know the right people who can vouch for you......but think about it from the position of the shipping company......do you really want bubba-joe whos only training is a 8 hr Tactical Response class being responsible for the security and safety of your multi million dollar ship and crew?

more importantly, think about the liability if something does go wrong.....its a lot easier to defend your choice in security when they have 10 years in the marines, or 15 years SWAT on their resume....than it is to defend some bloke who took a couple training classes.

It was just a joke since we were talking about the guy in the video cant seem to shoot his gun without shooting a ship or almost taking out another one of his team mates.

Of course you wouldnt choose some redneck from texas over actual combat experience. "i played 4 years of call of duty during college, does that qualify me for special ops?"

"i got the team lingo damn like, HEY FUCK STICK THE CAMP IS OVER THERE!!!"

Bearnekkid:

Pretty much as Cameron says. For a while the Blackwater Academy was doing training in things like bodyguarding and security/maritime contracting. But I honestly don't know how many people got actual jobs after taking all the requisite courses.

And there are always security companies out there who hire warm bodies... and worry about their skill sets later. Or not at all. (Google Gecko45 Mall Ninja sometime for a laugh...)

Fact is that after 15 years of conflict in the Sandbox (and elsewhere), and with many police departments and federal LE officers receiving levels of training unheard-of a few decades ago, there are tens of thousands of tier-one types who have been selected, trained, background checked, vetted and proven in the field... and they have the best training that your tax dollars can buy ranging from weapons and engagement skills to language training and, in many cases, L.E. certifications. So with all that talent floating out there and competing for a limited (and currently shrinking) number of contracting jobs... why would security companies (or shipping companies) take the risk with unproven folks, no matter how talented.

Never say never. But my guess is that your competition will be stiff.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I got to meet one of those blackwater guys one night in a bar. Then he pulled a knife on me which was pretty funny at the time, i was shit faced so i am sure i said something to provoke it.

There wouldnt be any competition. I mean look at me.

11385225_1459064274409127_1342926699_n.jpg

image.php

Sad to say, I spent some time down there and this is actually kind of true...

There were some really top notch guys. There were a lot of guys who were... like this ^^^^.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Concur. BW (or Xe, or whatever they call themselves these days) grew too fast...and it showed.

Sad to say, I spent some time down there and this is actually kind of true...

There were some really top notch guys. There were a lot of guys who were... like this ^^^^.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have heard some stories from some of my friends that went over there. you will never hear about the top notch ones too much but you will hear about the ones driving over cars and randomly shooting people for no reason.