• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Where can I find M24 style LOP/Buttplate hardware?

Gene Poole

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2011
Brighton, IL
I've been trying to find out if there's anyway to obtain the genuine HSP hardware or a reasonable copy of the threaded LOP adjustable buttplate hardware to install in my own stocks. I'm going for the M24 look, but can't find anyone selling just the hardware.

If it's just not available, have any smiths attempted to build a copy somehow. I'd be interested in drawings, dimensions, etc. as I have access to CNC equipment and may be able to build it from scratch.

Re: Where can I find M24 style LOP/Buttplate hardware?

I did contact HSP and they were less than helpful. In the end, I got the feeling they just didn't want to deal with it. I don't think it's part of their normal inventory and they'd have to go through a lot of trouble to sell me one.

I could just buy an M24 stock, but where's the fun in that? I've got three civilian HSP stocks that I'd like to deck out to look like M24s. But you may be on to something. Maybe I could find some broken or "parts" stocks with usable hardware.

Re: Where can I find M24 style LOP/Buttplate hardware?

I actually called HS this morning. They were less than helpful with me, also. In their defense, I was at work when I called and didn't have a lot of time to ask very specific questions. I told the gentleman that I would like to purchase the hardware, then the conversation got sidetracked to how I could just purchase a new stock. I might post to see if anyone has a used one laying around in 700LA.