• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Where to buy a good inch/pound torque wrench

Re: Where to buy a good inch/pound torque wrench

taseal,

Had a similar reaction at first, thought it was too much money to pay for a tool I'd rarely use. Bit the bullet & got one w/ the TAB bag. Was surprised at how small it was & added more drivers & thin flat-head screw driver to the TAB bag & have been so grateful whenever I needed tools on the range. I had everything I needed right there. Everyone who has used it has loved it & I wouldn't think twice before ordering another one or suggesting it. I'll be bringing mine to the Appleseed event next weekend & had wished I brought it the last time. It's a permanent fixture in my range bag now

One of the biggest reasons to get a Borka besides the fact that its a fantastic kit is that your supporting a company that cares enough about their products to be on here ready to answer your questions or help out in any way.

I'm sure that you can't say that about any of the other torque driver companies that have been suggested.

Support the companies that support our sport and that are there for you when you need them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patronus susceptor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Strangely not mentioned - Craftsman at your local Sears. </div></div>

Cause Craftsman sucks...very much so since Sears bought them
smile.gif
. QC went out the window...Sears service is some of the worst I've ever experienced. Product quality and accuracy (especially with Craftsman torque wrenches) is dead and gone...Sears took Craftsmans quality out to the woodshed and Old Yeller'd it.

--Wintermuter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wintermute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cause Craftsman sucks...very much so since Sears bought them
smile.gif
. QC went out the window...Sears service is some of the worst I've ever experienced. Product quality and accuracy (especially with Craftsman torque wrenches) is dead and gone...Sears took Craftsmans quality out to the woodshed and Old Yeller'd it.

--Wintermuter </div></div>

Agreed. I worked for Sears about 6-7 years ago in the tool section as a salesman. A guy comes in with a broken screwdriver shaft. The plastic handle allegedly shattered and he threw those parts away, but "Craftsman" was clearly etched on the shaft. I begin an exchange when my manager stops me and tell him he has to bring back EVERY PIECE of the plastic handle before we can exchange it. I tell her that's ridiculous and the man tries to get her to change her mind but ultimately walks off.

I find him in an aisle while he's still shopping and offer (amazed he's still in the store) to buy him a replacement as it's the right thing to do in my mind. My manager said if I bought him the screwdriver I'd be fired and the guy said he appreciated the offer, but didn't want me fired over it.

That never sat well with me and while my tool set and drill work very well, I'll never buy anything else from Sears. Ever.

Yeah its alright, it's handy and has most bits you need. I have it and the Borka MG5 kit. Now that I have the Borka I only use it for torquing on guns/scopes. I have more faith in it and Boris said it will last a lifetime without losing its calibration. He gave an actual number of how many times you could use it but I can't remember.

The Borka is great for the range bag but I find myself using Seekonk pre-set wrenches at home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: littlecalm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fat Wrench for smithing; Proxxon for larger jobs. </div></div>

I just need something in that torque range for scope/mounting, etc. Got bigger Snap on wrenches for larger jobs/auto repair