• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy CD quality digital music online?

RyeDaddy

Dickhole
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Hellbound in Fort Worth, TX
It's time for me to step into the modern age. I have avoided downloading music for years because being a child of the 1990's I prefer to go to a store and buy a physical copy of an album in it's entirety. I prefer to have full CD quality as well as being able to lend the disc to whomever I choose, and rip it into MP3 at whatever bit rate I choose, and have full control over my music and what devices it can be played on. For that reason, iTunes is out.

Moving forward, I cannot find the music I listen to these days without ordering it from Amazon and having it shipped. CD retailing is dead unles you listen to Top 40 stuff. Is there a place online anyone can recommend that will allow me to purchase an album digitally, and put it on a CD-R at full CD quality in all of it's glory just like you'd buy at a store AND that disc can then be copied (if I choose to back it up, not pirate it and give it out for free) or ripped into MP3 without bullshit digital rights that track how many of MY devices it can be played on?

If this isn't possible because record companies can't trust people with their music I would understand and just do like I've been doing and order the disc from Amazon, but I'm looking for help so that I don't have to wait a whole week to listen to new purchases like I have for the past 5 years.

In short, I want all the control and sound quality that comes with owning a physical disc, but a way to get that instantly(or close to it, pending download time).

Not interested in stealing or torrenting MP3's.

I buy all my music from Amazon.

On many albums they have what they call autorip.

Basically you buy the CD, but it's tracks are automatically stored in the cloud, add you still get the CD a few days later in the mail.

Cant help you out on where to get what you are looking at but for the best quality digital you need FLAC files. MP3's plain old suck even at 320kbps. FLAC is the way to go as far as quality goes.

Recent court rulings have confirmed what many of us told people all along.
If you buy digital, you own nothing, control nothing and can't give it away or sell it later on & have pretty much paid for ashes.
If you buy a physical CD, tape, record, you physically own that and can give it away, sell it, keep it forever etc.

I would second the idea of getting the ones from Amazon when you can that come with the autorip where it appears in your music library online instantly and you still get a CD later on. Otherwise buy CDs or realize that you are giving up most of your rights by buying digital to save a couple days (and usually not getting it any cheaper). Also many smaller bands with great music sell their CDs directly if you look around.

Thanks y'all. I realized tonight that I haven't bought a new album in 3 years, been busy having kids. I didn't realize the Autorip feature existed. I bought 4 new CD's from Amazon and got to listen to them tonight streaming from the cloud while making 10mm ammo. That's awesome, and I appreciate the help.

I'll be 32 next week and lately I feel like I'm 70, waaaaaay behind on everything but guns.