• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to donate some money

MidwestPX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2009
Kansas City
I have about $250 that I can donate to a charity that supports deployed soldiers, assists wounded vets, or any other charity that supports our troops, current and former. I was thinking of donating it to the Wounded Warrior Project but wanted to get the Hide's thoughts on any other worthwhile charities that would fit the bill.

Re: Where to donate some money

There are a host of "worthy" charities out there, Ty. They all serve good purposes and help those who need help the most. It comes down to what your interests are and what makes your heart feel good when you donate.

Myself, I like the Wounded Warriors Project because I have first-hand knowledge of the awesome work that they do directly with men/women who have bravely served and sacrificed much in the line of duty, as well as their families/loved ones!! It is a first-class outfit all the way around.

I just want to make sure as much money as possible makes it into doing good versus paying administrative overhead. Some of the numbers I've seen just make my blood boil due to ridiculously high percentages of the donations going to cover administration. I'm not that well versed in these specific charities because everything I've done to date has been coordinated directly with the people benefiting like Switchblade's box bomb campaign.

I give to the USO. They give a lot of support to all troops, everywhere. The facilities that they had for us in Iraq and Kuwait were great. Since my use of them, I give about 1/3 of my donations to them. The other I give to the American Red Cross. They helped me out in the aftermath of Ivan, so I give each year.

Wounded Warrior does great things and is a very worthy cause.

At americansnipers.org, the vast majority of monies donated goes to buying gear and shipping cost. None of the staff makes a single cent and we try very hard to keep operational cost to a minimum.

Which ever organization you decide to go with, thank you for getting involved. Every little bit helps, be it getting gear to the shooters to take the fight to the enemy or helping those that have sacrificed to keep us free.

Ken

go to http://www.charitynavigator.org/ to see how your charities rate.there are better charities than wounded warrior project when it comes to percentage of monies actually going to the charity and not administration expenses.
homes for our troops and fisher house are a couple.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You da man Ty. Before you donate to the WWP you may want to check out this post.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...183#Post2259183 </div></div>

WOW!!! JUST...WOW!!! I had not seen that thread, but thank you for the link! What a damn shame and a damn disappointment. I still have respect for this organization because of the good they have done for a buddy of mine and his family, but that decision is appauling to put it mildly and somebody ought to have their ass chewed and be sh!tcanned for that nonsense.

Thanks for the input, guys! I've been gone for the past four days so I'm just now getting caught up and you guys have given me alot of good info.