• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

CCI quiet is considerably more quiet out of a suppressed rifle, but is one of the least accurate rounds I’ve shot. It’s ok for showing people how quiet a suppressed 22 can be, but good luck actually hitting anything.

Not my experience at all. Just have to sight the rifle for that round. It's not meant for 100 yard matches. It's a plinker round and I can easily hit a 6 inch plate at 50 yards. YMMV

Reactions: jLorenzo
People here are typically looking for much better accuracy than "6 inch plate at 50 yards".
Haha, no kidding. If that's all it can do, I'd give it away, wouldn't even charge somebody for it. For perspective, CCI SV is less than 1" at 50 yds in my CZ 455 and I'm not particularly pleased that it can't consistently do better.

Regarding the comment "It's not for 100 yd matches," 100 yd matches are exactly what I'm doing with it. The only other reason I'd use Quiet is for hunting, but if I can't get a head shot on a squirrel or rabbit 100% of the time at 50 yds, then it's not ethical ammo for that purpose either. Not to mention that I've had unsatisfactory terminal performance with LRN bullets, so I don't use them for hunting.

The CCI SSHP, on the other hand, is excellent hunting ammo, and the ballistics/zero match SV for me out to 50 yds. Love that stuff, and thankfully I don't go through it quickly so the fact that it can't be found these days doesn't hurt too bad.

From a plinker round? I take it then that no one here takes their kids or grandkids or wife out for a lazy day of informal shooting?
Just took friends for informal shooting...on steel at 170 yards. CCI SV was subsonic, 100% on target on the 4" plate, so we switched to shooting dead branches off of trees for more of a challenge. Plus Quiet is 20% more costly than a more accurate, also-subsonic round? What on earth is the appeal?

Just took friends for informal shooting...on steel at 170 yards. CCI SV was subsonic, 100% on target on the 4" plate, so we switched to shooting dead branches off of trees for more of a challenge. Plus Quiet is 20% more costly than a more accurate, also-subsonic round? What on earth is the appeal?

Appeal, is that it works as advertised. Why the hate? It does what it's supposed to do. Nowhere, anywhere has it been advertised as match ammo. I'ts quiet, very quiet and sometimes that the most important part of the equation.

Reactions: jLorenzo
The hate is because it's really not accurate at all. "Only accurate rifles are interesting," and the same goes for ammo. But anyway, obv people buy the stuff, otherwise CCI wouldn't keep making it. Do what makes you happy!

How much quieter is it than match ammo? Does the 300fps really make a difference when match ammo run through a suppressor is already quite than the firing pin falling

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Free shipping?

I have bought some just to avoid paying for shipping. I have yet to shoot any of it yet, but I am sure it won't go to waste, as only one of my .22s is scoped and needs to be sub moa.

While we are on the subject of CCI, anyone else notice the price of the SV go from $3.99 to 4.99? I am just happy CCI is pumping out the ammo.

Reactions: CBeck
Free shipping?

I have bought some just to avoid paying for shipping. I have yet to shoot any of it yet, but I am sure it won't go to waste, as only one of my .22s is scoped and needs to be sub moa.

While we are on the subject of CCI, anyone else notice the price of the SV go from $3.99 to 4.99? I am just happy CCI is pumping out the ammo.
My plan was to toss MiniMag in with the SV to get free shipping, then offload the MM as a batch. That plan was derailed when SV bumped up to $4.99, at which point I might as well ante up for some SK Std+ or RM. Harder to find, but not impossible, and I can buy more than one stupid brick at a time.

Not my experience at all. Just have to sight the rifle for that round. It's not meant for 100 yard matches. It's a plinker round and I can easily hit a 6 inch plate at 50 yards. YMMV
I hit a 8" square at 175y pretty easily from a tripod also. It will throw fliers if your fundamentals arent up to par and being rimfire that will happen now and again anyway. otherwise love the stuff for what it is.

Try shooting SV out of revolver without ear pro.

How much quieter is it than match ammo? Does the 300fps really make a difference when match ammo run through a suppressor is already quite than the firing pin falling
CCI quiet is more quiet for me out of both my suppressed rifles than match ammo. It does make a difference for my Spectre II. But it also prints over 2“ groups at 50 yds in my bergara. In comparison, sk rifle match has done 10 times better than that.

Reactions: b6graham
Looking forward to all of "your reviews" now of 22lr in stock in this thread.... ;)

Looking forward to all of "your reviews" now of 22lr in stock in this thread.... ;)
My grandson over this past weekend used the CCI Quiets and was punching paper at 50 yards. He's 4 years old.

A sand bag or 2 may have been used for this task.

Not SK rifle match, but Midsouth Shooters Supply is showing SK Semi-Auto Rifle in stock for $7.72 a box. They did me right about 2 weeks ago with my last order of ammo.

Gun Broker has several SK RM listings. Latest bid on one lot is $285. /1000 with 46 min. to end of auction.

Anyone tried the SK Semi-Auto Rifle to know how it shoots?

This thread is about where to find ammo, not any and all .22 questions.

But……It shoots decent in some rifles. Great in my 10/22 (.2-.3”@50), but in the .4-.5” range in my Vudoo.

Reactions: BushyAR15
This thread is about where to find ammo, not any and all .22 questions.

But……It shoots decent in some rifles. Great in my 10/22 (.2-.3”@50), but in the .4-.5” range in my Vudoo.
I would like to disagree here. I find SK semi-auto rifle to be less than accurate, runs great through my 10-22 race rifle but is not a 1/2 MOA ammunition.

Now in the spirit of this thread, CCI currently has SV, Maxi-Mag, Quiet, Stinger, Shotshell, Green 17HMR, and Blazer available for sale on their site.

I would like to disagree here. I find SK semi-auto rifle to be less than accurate, runs great through my 10-22 race rifle but is not a 1/2 MOA ammunition.

Now in the spirit of this thread, CCI currently has SV, Maxi-Mag, Quiet, Stinger, Shotshell, Green 17HMR, and Blazer available for sale on their site.

Cool story…but, not all .22’s are the same.
Shot 2 days ago in some gusty conditions. Did ok when there were lulls.
96BF5D2A-A9A5-4643-AFC1-A2800726F702.jpeg

Reactions: mulish
Midway has SK Standard Plus for $10/box.

We get it you hate Midway. Just passing this along for those that may need it.

Reactions: Cbostick
Midway has SK Standard Plus for $10/box.

We get it you hate Midway. Just passing this along for those that may need it.
Ammofast is a touch cheaper..and that is sad..Nothing against your post, I know your just trying looking out. Just sad Midway is higher than a place like AmmoFast.. Ammofast has been pretty friendly considering the current market and the niche they fill.