• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

I am reading this correctly, Lapua had SK there to test? When I went it was only Lapua that they offered. I will advise anyone going in Winter to the Ohio Facility, don't not go on a Monday..Luke had an awful time getting the sensors to read, he said it happens a lot during the cold months on Mondays from not being used over the weekend..
From what I'm lead to believe, the Lapua test center only uses and offers Lapua ammo.

I am reading this correctly, Lapua had SK there to test? When I went it was only Lapua that they offered. I will advise anyone going in Winter to the Ohio Facility, don't not go on a Monday..Luke had an awful time getting the sensors to read, he said it happens a lot during the cold months on Mondays from not being used over the weekend..
Sorry if the ps. caused confusion. The facility will test ammo you bring, but do not have SK in hand to test.
The comment was referring to testing numerous boxes (~$170 worth of ammo) before I found the ammo/lot # it liked. $50 for testing at the rimfire center is time and $ well spent.
Cheers,

I drove out to Mesa for an appointment at the Lapua Rimfire Performance Center this past Monday. Paid for a case of ammunition that same day and received it today.

https://www.ocabj.net/road-trip-to-arizona-lapua-rimfire-performance-center/

I drove out to Mesa for an appointment at the Lapua Rimfire Performance Center this past Monday. Paid for a case of ammunition that same day and received it today.

https://www.ocabj.net/road-trip-to-arizona-lapua-rimfire-performance-center/

That was a very interesting article you published and very informative thank you for taking the time and doing that.

@ocabj Great write up! Planning on a visit to Mesa next fall to have my Vudoo tested (It won't be here until March). It's about an 18 hour drive to either location so... ROAD TRIP! Maybe I can lure the girlfriend out to visit me!

Reactions: ocabj
Just got a flyer from MGW Midwest Gun Works - advertised CCI Standard for $1.99. and several other incredible buys on ammo. Of course it was sold out less than 45 seconds after I got the email. (seriously - within 45 seconds I tried to order) Scammer? I don't know but .......

$3.69/50 CCI SV-Not the greatest, a brick comes out to about $50 w/shipping. (Free shipping @$39 doesn't apply to ammo)
There's also some free gifts according to how much you spend.

Reactions: jackd
i heard most turners outdoorsman stores had CCI .22lr, if you are a brick and mortar guy or girl.

In Stock SK HV Match
50-box/$9 ; 500-brick/$87 ; 5000-case/$850
Midsouth Shooters Supply

Reactions: mulish and Halen
They are trying to make all they can. It is still out there on Backorder lists that are getting filled regularly for $600 per case of Standard + & $800 per case of Rifle Match. You might have to be on a list for 4-6 months but it is there.

Natchez has SK +, Rifle Match, and Long Range Match. RM & LR a little cheaper than Midsouth (shown above) Std + the same.

Dave

Its very clear a big shipment of SK and Lapua went out since all of a sudden all of these stores have stock - its also wild to see the differences in prices that some stores are charging - literally pays to be an educated consumer and shop around.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Its very clear a big shipment of SK and Lapua went out since all of a sudden all of these stores have stock - its also wild to see the differences in prices that some stores are charging - literally pays to be an educated consumer and shop around.
Yes it does. But this post is nice. Hopefully we keep it going because it’s a good alert which I have used to get ammo.

Yes it does. But this post is nice. Hopefully we keep it going because it’s a good alert which I have used to get ammo.

Absolutely - very helpful.

It's shocking how fast the ammo flies off the shelves. Last week I placed an order with another site and watched over 1200 boxes fly off the shelves in a matter of hours. It makes sense as it was several dollars cheaper per box than the most recently posted sites.

Reactions: mulish
Absolutely - very helpful.

It's shocking how fast the ammo flies off the shelves. Last week I placed an order with another site and watched over 1200 boxes fly off the shelves in a matter of hours. It makes sense as it was several dollars cheaper per box than the most recently posted sites.
Yep it does. I have only been buying precision 22 ammo for the past year or so. I got into PRS last year so I needed the ammo. The only other ammo I have purchased in over two years was 9mm hollow point last week. It was $17 for 20 rounds. That’s what I paid for my last box of HP over 3+ years ago. Ammo is everywhere but I refuse to pay the prices other than for precision 22. It’s been my go to for shooting since I got into it.

Wow. Those prices are insane. Is this the new normal?
It seems companies will get away with what they can - the good ones will keep prices low, and keep their long term customers. The "debatable" companies will upcharge you and unfortunately for us - the product still sells out. It seems rimfire is getting more and more popular so hopefully this isn't the new normal but I wouldn't be shocked.

The only thing I've noticed is the "debatable" companies will have product in stock some times for weeks whereas the other ones will sell out in hours or minutes. Last year at this time everything sold out in minutes even at rape-me prices, so things are settling down a little bit but it's still going to be a while.

$50 per brick Norma Tax-22
$47 per brick if purchased in qty's of 5 or more

for those that need lead free:

Back about a year ago Rural King had Tac-22 for $4.75 and match for $6.75 limit 4 boxes each. They have Tac-22 for $8.99 now. I my guns Tac-22 and Norma match shoots moa at 50 yds, but you see a lot of vertical past 50yds.
Mark

Back about a year ago Rural King had Tac-22 for $4.75 and match for $6.75 limit 4 boxes each. They have Tac-22 for $8.99 now. I my guns Tac-22 and Norma match shoots moa at 50 yds, but you see a lot of vertical past 50yds.
Mark
Mile High has Norma Tac-22 for $5.99. My experience matches MarkCZ’s. Very accurate at 50, but falls apart at distance. This weekend shooting at 200 yards, clay pigeons were tough to impossible with Tac22 and SK Std+, but easy with Center X or Eley Match. Just too much vertical variation with the cheap stuff.

Reactions: kmckinnon