• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

texasrimfirenut

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2020
East Texas
Well instead of having several different post, I thought I'd set up a single post with "heads up" on where to get ammo. If you see or know of a place to get premium ammo that a lot of us are always looking for, post it up here if you don't mind.

If you could put the date and where it is located in the post and any other pertinent information.

Maybe we can help each other out for a bit while the ammo crunch is still going on.

Reactions: 338dude and STex
Orange Target Ammo has Center X for $255 a brick in stock.

Expensive!!!! I paid around half that a couple weeks ago.

Monday 12/28/2020 @ 10 AM central

That is ridiculous. It costs about $150 round trip to get your rifle tested at Lapua. (50 shipping each way, and then 50 to test). They will sell you a case (10 bricks) for $1100.

That sounds good. I might do that for my Vudoo but I have several different rimfires that all don't shoot the Lapua stuff the best.

My Tikka loves Eley Team the best, my CZ 452's love the Wolf and on and on.

My apologies but I didn't mean for this to be a thread about Lapua ammo but rather the heads up on ammo in general to give folks a heads up on where ammo can be found when it comes available.

Me myself, I am good on Lapua right now, mainly looking for some different types on Eley for some of my other guns and for whatever reason my Kidd's shoot light out "most" of the time with Federal Auto Match.

My above post is outrageously priced, I know, but I mainly posted it as an example of a post on ammo in stock.

The idea was for folks looking for ammo, a certain type or just any ammo to be able to get on this thread and see if there is a heads up on recently listed ammo to go see if they can get some when needed.

Bert’s Garage in Vanport, Pa just outside of Pittsburgh.

As of last week, he had cases of SK, Wolf, R50 and Eley. He also carries Lapua Center x and Midas+.

Contact him via email: [email protected] to get on his email distribution (includes lot numbers and box quantities in inventory).

Prices are pretty much from the per-gouging era. Tell him Ken sent ya! (Note I have no financial interest - just passing his info along as a friend.)

Best Regards,
Ken

As of last week, he had cases of SK, Wolf, R50 and Eley. He also carries Lapua Center x and Midas+.

Contact him via email: [email protected] to get on his email distribution (includes lot numbers and box quantities in inventory).

Prices are pretty much from the per-gouging era. Tell him Ken sent ya! (Note I have no financial interest - just passing his info along as a friend.)

Best Regards,
Ken

Thank you sir, gonna give em a call and see if they have any Eley Team.

Me personally, I am looking for Eley Team if anyone see any.

Killough Shooting Sports in Texas has a good selection of Eley Match and Tenex, and has not increased their pricing. If you are close enough to a Lapua Test Center (Mesa, AZ and Marengo, OH), drive there to test and potentially find a good lot of Lapua Center X or Midas Plus. Costs only $50 to test and you are not required to buy any ammo from them, but if you find a good lot, I would recommend you buy some.

Good luck!

As of 4:00 pm PST, 1/7/21, Champchoice had a few cases of SK (Yellow, Red...) and Lapua CenterX, Polar Biathlon in stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: texasrimfirenut
I just picked up 4 boxes of Polar Biathalon and 2 boxes of Eley ten-x at Champs Choice. Plus some Berger 140 Hybrids :)

Thanks for the heads up on the store. Looks like a great place I'll shop at in the future.

Last edited:
black magic turning to witchcraft at this point is much faster than 5 to 6 months wait to maybe find 20 rounds besides sacrificing chickens is tasty working my way up to goat next month maybe a cow , lol .

Ammoseek and CMP are OK
Local place had some RWS R50 for 8ish a box, seems OK, but more draggy and hits about 1MOA lower than Eley or SK. Times being what they are I snagged 1k rounds

SK Rifle Match (red box) in stock

The good news is that is seems .22 is slowly making a comeback on supply. I shopped around a bunch of online retailers a couple of days ago and there are more and more items coming into stock. I also did a LGS recon drive around town and there are several that had a decent inventory of .22 stuff. Mostly plinking ammo, but Sportsmans Warehouse had some Lapua Center X.

Just left my local gun shop. CCI SV was $16.99 per 50. Other shop had the winchester 555 bulk box for 159 😂

I did just pay 45/lb for AR Comp powder though

You people will learn but 22 ammo by the case. I but from Goodshooting and the Lapua test centers. The test centers are the best. Im sitting on a gold mine here.

Its nice the ask people to tell us about good deals. But with todays climate. Most will buy all they can to resale it

I check about a dozen sites almost daily. Trying to stock up since I've got a Bergara B14r on the way. I'll try to post here when I find some in stock. After I buy a brick or two of course

Reactions: Estes640 and jmw
I may have a source from our club on some Eley ammo that was targeted to the steel challenge sport in a week or so. It will about $10 a box plus shipping. I am guessing a brick minimum, probably no limits. There is some supersonic and subsonic both. I think the model is Eley Force and Contact. I believe that is a little less than retail, maybe about what Midway etc sells it for if they have any in stock. Is there any interest? If so I will see if it works out. My gut tells me it is probably a step up from SK or Wolf match.

I may have a source from our club on some Eley ammo that was targeted to the steel challenge sport in a week or so. It will about $10 a box plus shipping. I am guessing a brick minimum, probably no limits. There is some supersonic and subsonic both. I think the model is Eley Force and Contact. I believe that is a little less than retail, maybe about what Midway etc sells it for if they have any in stock. Is there any interest? If so I will see if it works out. My gut tells me it is probably a step up from SK or Wolf match.
They're around $5 a box when in stock at Champion's Choice.

Reactions: AManWearingAHat
They're around $5 a box when in stock at Champion's Choice.
I think the "in stock part" is the issue most everywhere. I noticed a few dealers showing that price that never seem to have it. Midway is $9 but out of stock too. Zanders shows $12 and out of stock. This is some in stock for someone that needs it now. I am not even sure this will materialize, but if it does it is a place to get some decent ammo for about what most places seem to sell it for normally. When it is gone I am sure there will be no more. Just trying to be helpful.

Best Regards,
Ken
For those still looking, as of yesterday Bert still has Lapua Midas+, a limited quantity of Center X, SK Standard +, Eley Match (black), Eley Target and Eley Club. Other than the Center X, he had case quantities for the others listed.

You can also purchase test lots if you want, however as fast as ammo is moving it is a throw of the dice. If you email Bert, you can also get on the mailing list. Info provided includes brand, lot # and quantities in stock.

Regards,
ken

I noticed they have Lapua Midas+ in stock also. I'm glad I was able to get it last week for $16.40/box from Champs, Midway usually has decent prices but with the lack of availability their prices are going up. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: K80/6.5 and Feesh