• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

Thanks. Didn’t realize that would get me a ban.
No problem. I appreciate the spirit in which you posted. The admins have had to step in on this thread more than once to admonish us that exceptions to the PX rules for good intentions while seemingly harmless, can be be abused and thus will not be tolerated.

It is easy to step over the bounds, and a friendly reminder is helpful to keep us all in the good graces of the forum administrators.
Simple rule: Unless it is being offered for free, it belongs on the PX.

Reactions: flyfisher117
I just bought 3 325rd boxes of Federal 40gr automatch. Walmart in Calallen TX. Just in case there are any locals on here. They had around 10 boxes or so left. Limit 3 boxes.

A place called ammoshoponline.com has RWS Rifle Match for $6.49/box which seems to be much lower than anywhere else if in stock.
Have not heard of them so I just ordered one brick but they also say free shipping on $200.

Just received via FedEx. The boxes, both 50rd and 500 rd boxes were soaking wet to near falling apart. Brick was wrapped in saran wrap. So maybe got wet in transit, but I wonder if the reduced price was because these got soaked maybe by recent hurricane or something--shipped from GA.

Just received via FedEx. The boxes, both 50rd and 500 rd boxes were soaking wet to near falling apart. Brick was wrapped in saran wrap. So maybe got wet in transit, but I wonder if the reduced price was because these got soaked maybe by recent hurricane or something--shipped from GA.
I ordered 2K rounds and mine arrived in perfect condition. FedEx has been abysmal lately but so have all of the shipping services. Don’t get me started on USPS.
004EC1E8-91D3-4753-911D-23DBFA7FD365.jpeg

Last edited:
Midsouth has SK Std+, Long Range Match, and others.

Just saw this…Natchez Shooting Supplies has in-stock, as of this posting.

Green Tag (25.00/100)
Center-X (14.99)
Midas (18.99).

The RWS Rifle Match is now $4.99/box

Thanks for that. I got 40 boxes coming, I have never shot the RWS, hopefully my rifle likes it. I even picked up some 9mm. It is nice to see ammo in stock, reasonably priced and with free shipping.

The RWS Rifle Match is now $4.99/box

Thanks got some. How's this compare to sk Standard Plus? Debating about grabbing some more for my vudoo i have on order.

it’s the same as Norma Match 22. (I have/had some of each with the exact lot numbers)

Thanks for the reply. New to the 22lr precision world so how does that compare to other 22 match stuff. For vudoos I know they generally recommend Center X, RWS Special Match, Eley Tennex and Sk Standard Plus/Match for the cheaper stuff. Was looking for some other reasonably priced offerings. Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply. New to the 22lr precision world so how does that compare to other 22 match stuff. For vudoos I know they generally recommend Center X, RWS Special Match, Eley Tennex and Sk Standard Plus/Match for the cheaper stuff. Was looking for some other reasonably priced offerings. Thanks again!
for 50 yards and in all day long. 100 yards you will get some flyers. No comparison to to the higher end stuff but for $50 a brick at this time it’s a no brainer to pick up a couple bricks.

for example… Norma Tac-22 is $9.99 for 50 at my local Academy sports this is the same stuff at $4.99 per 50.

I bought a case of Tac-22 for my CZ’s before Covid for $60 a brick. It’s deadly on the squirrels that love my fruit trees.

As in the words of another hide member “it’s better than saying BANG waiting a couple seconds then saying RING”

Reactions: SourMash
for 50 yards and in all day long. 100 yards you will get some flyers. No comparison to to the higher end stuff but for $50 a brick at this time it’s a no brainer to pick up a couple bricks.

for example… Norma Tac-22 is $9.99 for 50 at my local Academy sports this is the same stuff at $4.99 per 50.

I bought a case of Tac-22 for my CZ’s before Covid for $60 a brick. It’s deadly on the squirrels that love my fruit trees.

As in the words of another hide member “it’s better than saying BANG waiting a couple seconds then saying RING”

Went ahead and got 4100 rounds total. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Emmaandhaley

I agree. At this price, I bought 6k rounds. Works great in my Pardini and my Bergara. It’s not comp ammo but at 50 yards it’s sub MOA and I can clear my KYL rack no problem 9 times out of 10. I don’t have a chrono but I suspect it won’t do as well at distance. Fun ammo that doesn’t break the bank.

Reactions: Emmaandhaley
At this price point, kind of seems too good to be true.

Hmmm... Sure does.

However, as ammoshoponline has had several deals too good to be true that was noted and followed on this thread and each time it came back with positive reviews, I'm thinking about purchasing some myself.

I still have several boxes of .308 Ruag Swiss P, Norma 9mm and .223 that I purchased from that site.
I do recall that they added a shipping charge at some point this year, so make sure to watch for that and order in a quantity that reduces the price per round of the shipping to an acceptable level.

Hmmm... Sure does.

However, as ammoshoponline has had several deals too good to be true that was noted and followed on this thread and each time it came back with positive reviews, I'm thinking about purchasing some myself.

I still have several boxes of .308 Ruag Swiss P, Norma 9mm and .223 that I purchased from that site.
I do recall that they added a shipping charge at some point this year, so make sure to watch for that and order in a quantity that reduces the price per round of the shipping to an acceptable level.
They've revised their shipping charges and they don't suck anymore in that department. Even if they didn't have free shipping, it would have only been $29.73 for 4 bricks. That isn't horrible.

Screenshot 2021-09-26 110254.jpg

Reactions: RGStory
$650 later, i should have went to bed, but i needed to restock before the next gunshow in 2 weeks anyway. Hopefully it shows up before then

This thread has been expensive. Bought 41 of the RWS.

Ammo Shop online was a good resource. They had some great deals on Geco ammo & RWS 308 brass (bought 400 of the RWS 308 brass), but no more. It looks like they are migrating most of the Ammo shop online products over to the new Norma web site. Prices on the Norma site suck for components.

Anyone know if the import ammo ban kills the cheap Geco & possibly affects RWS rim fire?????

I do believe you would need to post that in the PX with a supporter account. That offer alone can get you an instant ban.
That’s for personal sales or personal businesses I believe. This is a where to get ammo now thread. My understanding is links to stores is allowed.

That’s for personal sales or personal businesses I believe. This is a where to get ammo now thread. My understanding is links to stores is allowed.
I’m surprised you can nitpick this weeks-old conversation considering the triggering post has been deleted. It may very well have been a violation, but it doesn’t matter now and the rest of the posts on this page alone make it quite clear that links to vendors are allowed.

And to get this back on track, Skagit Arms in NW WA routinely has lots of ammo in stock, 22LR included.

Bruno’s shooters supply has a lot of different eley in stock. As of 9:07pm tonight, they also have one case of center X for $1300 with free shipping. Enjoy!