• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where'd all the AR bolt/bolt carriers go??

Yeah no shit. Gouging is all over the place. Also I think that when prices come down probably 6-8months from now they will not be as low as they were before due to metals prices and the fact that people will pay 150$ for a 100$ BCG.
I'm glad someone got what I was trying to say.

slowdown Johnny Rock Bravo, I buy plenty and your point is still ridiculous. Low end or junk has the same moniker and the intimation is the same. As for BCM, QC doesn't cost 40% and have used plenty of their products and owned several of their rigs. Now you want to talk tolerances? Marketing is strong with you eh?
I've been watching for a JP high pressure bolt to be In-Stock since I bought my Criterion barrel "got it for 250$” 9 months ago. At the time they were 140$ average. This past Thursday I finally caught one In-Stock. Did I pay 25% more than the price they were this time last year?? Nope paid the same price they've been since I was in the mkt for one. Now if I wanted to try and pick up an extra carrier I'm gonna have to pay 150$ for one that was 100$ a year ago. I get supply and demand n all that but it doesn't change the fact that the difference in price between economy brands and Gucci brands is alot more narrow. Point I'm trying to make isn't what your trying to turn it into. It's simple brands that cost 40% more a year ago are still going at nearly the same price and the economy brands aren't.

I've been watching for a JP high pressure bolt to be In-Stock since I bought my Criterion barrel "got it for 250$” 9 months ago. At the time they were 140$ average. This past Thursday I finally caught one In-Stock. Did I pay 25% more than the price they were this time last year?? Nope paid the same price they've been since I was in the mkt for one. Now if I wanted to try and pick up an extra carrier I'm gonna have to pay 150$ for one that was 100$ a year ago. I get supply and demand n all that but it doesn't change the fact that the difference in price between economy brands and Gucci brands is alot more narrow. Point I'm trying to make isn't what your trying to turn it into. It's simple brands that cost 40% more a year ago are still going at nearly the same price and the economy brands aren't.
It’s true that a lot of the demand increases in the gun market start with the cheaper stuff, because unfortunately most people are cheapskates. You can see it every time there’s an election or tragedy; the cheapest version of whatever people panic about disappears first and prices go up on that stuff, while the high end stuff stays about the same because the demand isn’t there.

That is supply and demand, but it’s also a reflection of the attitude of most of the population. Personally if I’m going to pay $150 for a PSA bcg, I’d rather just spend $200 and get a Bootleg, but the market demand shows most people don’t think that way.

Was I gouging when I listed 2 BCGs locally for $150 each? They were so
It’s true that a lot of the demand increases in the gun market start with the cheaper stuff, because unfortunately most people are cheapskates. You can see it every time there’s an election or tragedy; the cheapest version of whatever people panic about disappears first and prices go up on that stuff, while the high end stuff stays about the same because the demand isn’t there.

That is supply and demand, but it’s also a reflection of the attitude of most of the population. Personally if I’m going to pay $150 for a PSA bcg, I’d rather just spend $200 and get a Bootleg, but the market demand shows most people don’t think that way.
Saw Lantac large frame bcgs for 200$ the other day. At least when all the bs like this drives prices up you don't feel so bad spending the extra $$ for the really good stuff. What's these Bootleg adjustable bcgs your talking about. I'm not familiar

Bootleg BCG looks very interesting how the hell did I not know about this.

Bootleg BCG looks very interesting how the hell did I not know about this.
Save your money

Save your money

Nah, that’s missing the point of a Bootleg carrier.

The RCA gas key provides essentially the same functionality as a set screw adjustable gas block. The Bootleg carrier is a completely different thing, providing an easy method to switch between suppressed and unsuppressed.

You can combine the Bootleg carrier with an adjustable gas key or gas block to get better functionality than either one by itself; using the gas block/key to tune the rifle unsuppressed, and then using the Bootleg carrier to switch between suppressed and unsuppressed. That’s what I do on several rifles and it’s the best suppressor setup I know of. My only complaint is that it requires a screwdriver to change settings; a tool-less adjustment would be an improvement.

And importantly- the Bootleg is adjusted in the gun, with a visible indication of the adjustment setting at the ejection port. No more forgetting where your gas block or key was set last time.

If I’m only looking for a set and forget method to perform initial tuning on a rifle, I don’t use the Bootleg for that and IMO an adjustable gas block is a better solution. But if I have to spend $150 on a cheap carrier anyway, I’d rather spend $200 on a Bootleg or other high quality carrier because they have other benefits besides the adjustment.

Just scored a 6.5 Grendel JP enhanced bolt from Brownells. They also had their branded 6.5 bolt In-Stock for less than 50$. Was kinda sketchy about it though since some reviews of their complete bcg talk about a shorter bolt and firing pin. My rig has a Criterion barrel and they actually recommend the Jp bolt plus I've never gotten anything JP that wasn't too knotch stuff.
Thanks for this. I ordered one too. My 6 ARC build was just waiting on a JP bolt. Bartlien from craddock.

Seems I got the last one.

Optics Planet has some nitride BCG's in stock. Free shipping... not too bad for today's prices.

What I meant by "where did all the bcg's go" was really "where did all the 90 dollar bcg's go" lol. But yea, I know I shouldn't skimp on them but I'm cheap sometimes; then a poster in here replied with you should never skimp on that stuff reminding me I need to quit being cheap; Found an ok nickel boron one at AIM for 140 so I said screw it :) This situation we're in is really inconvenient to say the least. Should have jumped on this stuff more when it was on every street corner. Oh well, I'm sure this will all blow over and we'll be back to normal in a year or so, if all of this stuff doesn't get banned that is.

Except “in stock” at optics planet doesn’t mean you’ll actually get them any time soon. Avoid them if you can.
Yeah starting to wonder.... I keep getting emails saying they are getting my order ready to ship but not that they shipped...