• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which 300 WINMAG?

FredHammer

FAFOIST
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2006
    CONUS
    Savage 110 High Country $830

Savage 110 Desert Tactical $570

Remington Enhanced Hunter $917

Ruger Long Range Target $950

Bergara B14 HMR $815

Which would you choose just based on quality and features.?

I’d choose to save my money until I could afford something better.

@M856 : This - buy once, cry once...you will thank us later...

would also ask, assuming you’ve never owned a .30 cal magnum before, if you considered the 300 PRC?

No stupid-ass belt and a bit more horsepower. This is coming from a .300 win mag owner...

The Bergara HMR would be a good package. Good stock, 700 footprint and parts, AICS mags, 26" barrel and Bergara is known for good quality. It would be my choice of the list.

They also make a 300PRC now if you were interested.

Reactions: txguero
    What is the intended use of this rifle, competition , hunting, both?
    My rig is a SAKO AV strictly for hunting. Broughton heavy sporter 1n9 twist for 210&up projectiles.

Last edited:
    Since I was an FFL gun shop for 17 years (which means nothing), of those; Remington.
    Quality? Remmy has no more QC issues than any of those mentioned but they get bashed the most.
    Features is too subjective, any and all of these would be gucci'd up.

But if I am allowed to make a suggestion, Tikka for off the rack. Never ever had a single Tikka come in or back with a single QC issue, cant say that about any other manufacture.

But, not real sure what you intended goal is and why a 300wm.

good luck

Reactions: NewsShooter
    I went with the Savage 110 High Country. Probably hunt with it more than PRS style shooting. More than likely get the Bergara or Rem 700 Enhanced for range toy.

Reactions: sell33