• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which AK - 103

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
Looking at the PSA AK- 103 and Kalashnikov USA both have chrome lined barrels while the PSA has a FN barrel. Looking for feedback from users of the two. They are both around $1100. Thanks

Not on your list, but I have to recommend checking out Riley Defense and also Zastava. Same price range and I’m very happy with mine.

Zastava

0F1145E2-39C4-471F-9A75-F6A4657963F0.jpeg
D9E7BC41-90B5-4C54-ACD1-8882CCF412EA.jpeg

Riley Defense:

6AC1CB61-09A9-4FC3-992D-CE4389F50FA4.jpeg
208F5C75-351D-405B-8FBD-B1162AD6B4D3.jpeg

First, neither of those are AK 103s.

If you want everything in "spec" and correct go with KUSA, otherwise, palmetto makes one hell of a nice rifle.

I have a PSAK 103. I do not have any problems with Bulgarian magazines Steal or poly mags on any of the PSAKs that I have. I did buy surplus firing pins, but haven’t needed them yet.
IMG_1534.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
I got the PSA GF5 a while back and put 500 trouble free rounds through. Still have a case but shelved them for a not due to the ammo ban. I think the early PSAs had some issues so they get a bad rap all the time now.

Reddit has a huge zastava boner but they're also super fuds, so take that for what it's worth.

20210517_175935.jpg

Or buy a link and rock this.

7aa3e08.png

Yeah, and around here steel cased 5.56 is running the same price as xm193 and xm855, so there’s no cost advantage either…
It’s a supply issue not a cost issue there’s way more 5.56 out there.

I have a PSAK 103. I do not have any problems with Bulgarian magazines Steal or poly mags on any of the PSAKs that I have. I did buy surplus firing pins, but haven’t needed them yet.
View attachment 7707053

I know that I am resurrecting an old thread, but it is an appropriate thread for me to ask my questions. I have an PSAK 103 premium on the way. I am new to the AK platform (other than my Vepr 12) so uncertain to what firing pins to buy and where to buy them from? Any guidance from members about this would be greatly appreciated.

I know that I am resurrecting an old thread, but it is an appropriate thread for me to ask my questions. I have an PSAK 103 premium on the way. I am new to the AK platform (other than my Vepr 12) so uncertain to what firing pins to buy and where to buy them from? Any guidance from members about this would be greatly appreciated.
I have no problem with PSA, grats on your new rifle. PSA has a lot of compatibility, but they are also a little different as well. If you are looking to build like a spares/repair kit, I would contact PSA and ask. There is a guy who works at a local gun store who has a PSA AK and he has extensively modified the gun. Everything that he bought, mlok rail, dust cover with pic rail on it, new gas tube also with pic on it, new muzzle device, they all worked. I seem to recall that there was a little effort and engineering getting some things to fit.

I have no problem with PSA, grats on your new rifle. PSA has a lot of compatibility, but they are also a little different as well. If you are looking to build like a spares/repair kit, I would contact PSA and ask. There is a guy who works at a local gun store who has a PSA AK and he has extensively modified the gun. Everything that he bought, mlok rail, dust cover with pic rail on it, new gas tube also with pic on it, new muzzle device, they all worked. I seem to recall that there was a little effort and engineering getting some things to fit.
That’s any AK ever made, that’s just what you get with wildly different tolerances and rivets.

From what it seems (on the other blogs I frequent), PSA is still having some issues with some of their FP's. Guys even bitching about their GF5's (newest iteration of their basic platform) having pin issues. At the end of the day, it's not a huge deal. If you start having light strikes, you'll know you got a shitty one.

Regardless, you should purchase one of these kits: https://atlanticfirearms.com/ak-47-firing-pin

Then, you don't have to worry about it. Besides, during the apocalypse, which may occur in the next 32 seconds at this juncture, they would be nice to have in your parts bin.

I had 7 different AK's sold them all off recently but did keep my Arsenal SLR 106FR in 556 with Kvar viable scope which had always been my favorite AK.

I appreciate the feedback. I like to be prepared and want parts on hand for all of my firearms. I am planning to keep the AK pretty simple outside of adding a Midwest Industries side mount, a red dot and sling. I am new to the AK, but have assembled many AR's in a variety of calibers. Yes, I know that the Ak and AR are hardly alike.

Get a new FP. My friend had a Gen 5 firing pin mushroom around the retaining pin and fly out of the back of the bolt while cycling.

Looking at the PSA AK- 103 and Kalashnikov USA both have chrome lined barrels while the PSA has a FN barrel. Looking for feedback from users of the two. They are both around $1100. Thanks
Im not a big AK guy, but have been considering picking on up since Ukraine kicked off, but from what it seems both the PSA and KUSA rifles seems to be solid options. I think KUSA follows the spec sheet a little closer than PSA but I am not sure if that matters from a practical standpoint. Of the two, I would probably lean towards which one is available. If they are both available, I would probably grab a KUSA. If the KUSA was not available, I would have no issue grabbing a PSA.

Im not a big AK guy, but have been considering picking on up since Ukraine kicked off, but from what it seems both the PSA and KUSA rifles seems to be solid options. I think KUSA follows the spec sheet a little closer than PSA but I am not sure if that matters from a practical standpoint. Of the two, I would probably lean towards which one is available. If they are both available, I would probably grab a KUSA. If the KUSA was not available, I would have no issue grabbing a PSA.
I agree, I was looking for the video but between the KUSA after market stuff and the Zentico, the fact that the KUSA is so close to Spec makes upgrading it a breeze. I am still waiting on the 5.56 version.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I agree, I was looking for the video but between the KUSA after market stuff and the Zentico, the fact that the KUSA is so close to Spec makes upgrading it a breeze. I am still waiting on the 5.56 version.
If you buy the Zenitco stuff make sure you fill out an ATF form 6 or purchase it from a company who imports the stuff. If you purchase directly from Zenitco or Ivan the Bear/Ivan Tactical it may not make it through us border patrol and customs. I lost over $1000 worth of shit sent from Ivan Tactical when it was seized by customs. Then my Global Entry was revoked because I violate US Customs policy.

If you buy the Zenitco stuff make sure you fill out an ATF form 6 or purchase it from a company who imports the stuff. If you purchase directly from Zenitco or Ivan the Bear/Ivan Tactical it may not make it through us border patrol and customs. I lost over $1000 worth of shit sent from Ivan Tactical when it was seized by customs. Then my Global Entry was revoked because I violate US Customs policy.

ouch...

That sucks, Thanks for the heads up though.