• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which backup-handgun for hunting?

Doesn't mean you're aware of potential issues with reloading that particular cartridge.

Well, a guy who I know has a 357 Sig several years and I asked him if it is difficult to load.
He said not at all.
I´ve heard and read about light issues when resizing, some use a 40 S&W die first, but he said it isn´t necessary.
If there is anything else about loading this cartridge, please enlighten me.

Brass is available over here, I will buy me five hundred + and pick em up again on the range.

Alea jacta est! - like the French say.

Now the last question for me is, if I should go full size or compact.
Glock 31 or 32.
I like the shape of the 32, but the guy which is shooting and loading the 357 Sig has a 32 and said he should have taken the 31, because of the longer grip.

What do you guys think?
My hands are pretty much average in size.

G32. If you want to, you can use the longer mags for extra grip or capacity.

The longer mags from the 31?

But they are set back from the front of the grip, aren´t they?

30F1B6E8-CF18-49C6-8675-7C9F13505AB9.jpeg

Here is what it would look like. This is a .40 S&W, but same dimentions as the G32 with G31 mag.

Ok, thank you for that.

Is there a kind of mag extension which is even with the grip front?

I’ll carry any number of calibers on different hunts. I’ve carried .38 special, 357, 9mm, .45acp & 44 magnum. As long as you have something, it’s better than having nothing.