• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Which "carry" handgun to choose

Re: Which "carry" handgun to choose

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipe10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't over think it, G19 </div></div>

this

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitt91</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipe10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't over think it, G19 </div></div>

this </div></div>

That's pretty much what I meant to say...?

I used to carry a kimber ultra carry II. It was heavy. I've since switched to a glock 19 gen 4 and couldn't be happier. I've shot the hell out of this thing in classes and at the range and couldn't be happier.

I'd never argue with a Glock 19.
But I do carry an XDs daily. I have a XD subcompact, too. It's actually a remarkable pistol, cheap, very accurate, I shoot it faster and as well as my 1911 stock-class race gun. So far...about 1000 rounds of various manufacture, no issues. But I still carry the XDs because it's so easy to slip in the waistband and conceal with a T-shirt, and I do. No problem going to a restaurant with only a T-shirt over it. The narrowness of the XDs makes a big difference, at least on my frame.
I really was a "1911-only guy"...I guess now I'm a "use what you're best with" guy. It took a really long time for that to happen.

+1 for the Sig P938. I just got one and it is amazing to say the least.

Thanks for all the input! Oddly enough, I wound up getting a full size Taurus 1911 that i got a deal on. I got a decent holster and can make it disappear with my normal t-shirts. Its a bit heavy, but now I have an excuse to get another handgun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think as long as it says "Ultra" or something similar in the name, you'll be good to go. Super, Special Forces, Teams, etc. - not good enough. Needs to be on par with Ultra. </div></div>

Kind of like your username and username tagline. Ultra all the way....

Are yous a killa too? Killa Cracka be slammin up in here, yeea yeea yeea boyeee.

Hahahahaha now that's funny I was carrying HKP2000 .40 gave that to my wife more like she took it away got kinda bored with clips semi auto picking up my brass so I switched to a 7 shot .357 magnum with 5hks speed loaders 4 inch ported barrel this thing is a load beast and people at the range hate being next to me. I try to stay away from everyone but it is what it is.

I carry the Ultra Carry II CDP in a VM-2 by Milt Sparks. Its with me all the time and I never notice it unless I'm in the car for an extended time.

I've heard some good and bad with Kimber, but all my experience has been perfect. Beyond that.. its a perfect carry pistol.

This is what I carry on a daily basis, Colt Pocketlite Pony

29mli1l.jpg

ok, for winter carry, i carry a para P-12. 12 rounds of 45 and i have shot idpa match with it and did fine. for summer got a keltec 9. throw it in a pocket and don't worry about it. need to put it in a holster tho as wants to wander.
i don't think they make the P-12 any more but they have a P-10 and 13 and they should be about the same. the 10 had a littl too short of grip for me tho. i been carrying the p-12 for about 20 years now and only failure it had was a bad reload. not too bad, and i can't guess at the rounds that have went thru it. the keltec has done well so far as well. can hit plates at 25 if i do my part. the trigger takes some getting use too and i still look for the safety, but that is just me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LakewoodGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what I carry on a daily basis, Colt Pocketlite Pony

29mli1l.jpg
</div></div>

Better than nothing, worse than many.