• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which electronic scale?

jrservices

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Crossville, TN
Fixin to order an electronic scale, I already have a Lyman auto powder measure, I just need a good scale for case sorting and to double check the lyman ocasionally...

Thanks for all the great info guys, I have got alot of good responses from this form in the past. It really helps getting good advice when buying stuff like this so I don't buy junk, LOL.

Thanks
Richard

Re: Which electronic scale?

Laugh all you want, but my $25 ebay special works great. Its an AWS gem scale. Reads in .02gr counts. Easily registers a single kernel of Varget. Holds a zero. Repeatably registers 45.00gr for my cut-up coin test weight.

I did have to hammer-form a new, bigger brass weigh boat, as the one it came with was just barely big enough for 50gr. Varget.

I have the RCBS 750. absoulutely best piece of gear I have bought ever. Consistant reliable, quick, easy set up and calibration.
plus if I ever want to move up to the chargemaster, I am half way there since the scale is compatiable.
I recomend it to anyone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Laugh all you want, but my $25 ebay special works great. Its an AWS gem scale. Reads in .02gr counts. Easily registers a single kernel of Varget. Holds a zero. Repeatably registers 45.00gr for my cut-up coin test weight.

I did have to hammer-form a new, bigger brass weigh boat, as the one it came with was just barely big enough for 50gr. Varget. </div></div>

link?

I bought a Dillon when they first came out.It finally died last winter.Called them and they said send it back.It was way out of its time life.They sent me a new one.Thats grat customer service.If its electric you can bet it will die sometime or another.Get the one that has the best warranty.