• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which Foundation stock ARCA rail and weights are you running?

12qwas

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2020
CO
I have a Foundation Centurion in production and I'm shopping for an ARCA rail and weights for when it arrives.

Looking for a full length, heavy, arca rail, preferably not serrated.

Also looking for a set of weights.

What is everyone running? What do people prefer?

Thanks!

360 Degree Precision ARCA rail is perfect for Foundation.
Forend weights are an easy DIY using 5/8” hex brass stock. Secure in the pockets with a dab of silicone adhesive.

You can use brass stock to fab a weight for the space between the comb and cheek piece.
360 Degree Precision also makes a nice knob for the cheek piece tensioner.

L3i designs makes a brass insert that goes in the forend. Weighs near 1#, it replaces the oem Anshutz rail they ship with. I used hex brass bar that was cut, then a dab of silicone to hold them in place. The centurion in standard weight is extremely butt heavy. I ran a 28" comp contour barrel, tuner, big brake, all the forend weights, and to get balance where I wanted, still had to have my ckyepod on the rifle.

My latest, I took it to a local guy with a mill, and had him pocket the buttstock, removed about 7oz from the ass end. I can always add a small amount of weight to the rear with lead shot and epoxy to tune balance point. The centurion is truly made for a straight no taper barrel. Okie style

L3i designs makes a brass insert that goes in the forend. Weighs near 1#, it replaces the oem Anshutz rail they ship with. I used hex brass bar that was cut, then a dab of silicone to hold them in place. The centurion in standard weight is extremely butt heavy. I ran a 28" comp contour barrel, tuner, big brake, all the forend weights, and to get balance where I wanted, still had to have my ckyepod on the rifle.

My latest, I took it to a local guy with a mill, and had him pocket the buttstock, removed about 7oz from the ass end. I can always add a small amount of weight to the rear with lead shot and epoxy to tune balance point. The centurion is truly made for a straight no taper barrel. Okie style

Knowing all this, would you buy a light weight version if you were to do it again?

It's for this exact reason that I ordered my Centurion in the lightweight option. I'll be using a 24" M24 contour with a TBAC 338 Ultra on the end of it so we'll see how much weight needs to be added to the stock to balance right.