• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which generation's fault?

When I retired...
Here lies the problem, you are 50 years out of date from what the average young person is having to deal with.
It's real easy to say they are all just lazy and don't want to put in the hard yards, but often young people have just decided the jobs on offer aren't worth it anymore.

The first job I had out of school was working on a dairy farm, which I thought I wanted to do. It was a dirty, physically job was bad pay and bad hours.
My boss said to me one day 'this can be a good career, you won't still be pulling teets by the time you are 40'.
Wel like hell I was going to milk cows for the next 20 years hoping to get a managed job, not to mention the chance to own my own farm was basically 0% on the wages of the average farm worker.
So I went a different path that is considerably less dirty, less physically and much higher pay.

The dairy industry in particular has always had trouble attracting good young people, the reason being all the smart ones realize it's a shit job and has shit pay and conditions. So many many farms rely on foreign workers who are "harder working", when in reality they will do anything to get out of the Philippines.

In hindsight I was actually offered a really good farming job that I maybe should've taken, but I'd move onto another career path by then.

I fully agree there are many useless young people out there who don't want to work (there are many 50 year old like that too) but in many cases the jobs and the conditions are not worth the pay anymore.
Whilst people shouldn't be paid for sitting at home doing nothing, if a business is finding it impossible to hire good staff, it's because the good employees have found something better.

It's on all of us, if you know more about your favorite sports team than you do your state and federal representatives it's more so on you. That said, It started long before any of us were born. It's our job to stop these people from ruling over us as if they were the sovereign power. We need to stop begging them and put them on notice. The system of government we think were living in doesn't exist.

We live in a corporation, we are corporate property, this is how they use the commerce clause for everything.

Look up the multiple definitions for words. The basic dictionary that we are taught to find definitions in. Compare that to blacks law dictionary. Most of those words have a commercial meaning if you take the tine to study them. The etymology of the words is also important. For example, we get bacon from the belly of a pig but the etymology of that word is from france and means back meat.

They have used and manipulated words to get to where we are. This is why the penny is mightier than the sword. We don't need guns and violence to stop this, we need lots and lots of books and studying.

28USC ss3002 (15)
It's all out there, if you learn how to read it.

Last edited:
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Here lies the problem, you are 50 years out of date from what the average young person is having to deal with.
It's real easy to say they are all just lazy and don't want to put in the hard yards, but often young people have just decided the jobs on offer aren't worth it anymore.

The first job I had out of school was working on a dairy farm, which I thought I wanted to do. It was a dirty, physically job was bad pay and bad hours.
My boss said to me one day 'this can be a good career, you won't still be pulling teets by the time you are 40'.
Wel like hell I was going to milk cows for the next 20 years hoping to get a managed job, not to mention the chance to own my own farm was basically 0% on the wages of the average farm worker.
So I went a different path that is considerably less dirty, less physically and much higher pay.

The dairy industry in particular has always had trouble attracting good young people, the reason being all the smart ones realize it's a shit job and has shit pay and conditions. So many many farms rely on foreign workers who are "harder working", when in reality they will do anything to get out of the Philippines.

In hindsight I was actually offered a really good farming job that I maybe should've taken, but I'd move onto another career path by then.

I fully agree there are many useless young people out there who don't want to work (there are many 50 year old like that too) but in many cases the jobs and the conditions are not worth the pay anymore.
Whilst people shouldn't be paid for sitting at home doing nothing, if a business is finding it impossible to hire good staff, it's because the good employees have found something better.

Sounds like you've got that rock star disease too.
I'm not talking about milking cows. I'm talking about a real career with real pay and real benefits. And technically...its not the bottom by a long shot.
I started in a fucking ditch with a shovel...but I still had medical, dental, and a promised pension at 30 years.
THEY WANT IT NOW.

Not interested in making the grass greener, want someone else to make it greener.
Everyone starts at the fucking bottom, except a lucky very damn few. Its always been that way,, and always will be.
They know they can't have all the nice things.
Hmmm.....bunch of fucking fortune tellers.
Maybe they should get crystal balls and tell fortunes.
Again. Bullshit.

This country is fucked.

Reactions: Barneybdb
They know they can't.
They know they won't.
They know things are hopeless.

Fuck me running.
🤣
I guarantee. With that attitude. Their prophecy will fulfill itself.

"Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
-Theodore Roosevelt

I'm not talking about milking cows. I'm talking about a real career with real pay and real benefits. And technically...its not the bottom by a long shot.
I started in a fucking ditch with a shovel...but I still had medical, dental, and a promised pension at 30 years.
THEY WANT IT NOW.

Not interested in making the grass greener, want someone else to make it greener.
Everyone starts at the fucking bottom, except a lucky very damn few. Its always been that way,, and always will be.
Again. Bullshit.

This country is fucked.
The point is a lot of so called good jobs/careers are actually not good anymore.
How many business still offer a pension scheme with the same conditions as you would’ve had? Not many.
The company I work for isn’t half the company it was 30 years ago, all the old guys have been grandfathered conditions I wouldn’t dream of being able to get now.
It’s still not a bad company but they aren’t as shit hot as they think they are, proof of which the good young people have been leaving for different companies/ roles that offer a far better work-life balance.

One of the upsides of of being a millennial is that if you do have a good work ethic then the world is your oyster.
If a business isn’t able to attract these good young people, perhaps they aren’t as good as they think they are….

Thought that this deserved its own thread. Peak boomer here. Historically, republics seem to devolve to oligarchies in 300 years or so--typically due to bankers. So, here we are. Early financialization of the 70s culminated in the repeal of Glass-Steagall under Clinton. Financialization took off like a house afire after that. We have the best government money can buy.

As far as who voted for whom? It probably doesn't matter. We went from a pro-business Republican party and a pro-worker Democratic party in general balance to a pro-money, pro-war uniparty. Rather than watching where the money goes, we allowed ourselves to be distracted by black vs white, straight vs gay, pro-abortion vs pro-life.

There are two functions of government: tax/spend and sanctioned violence. They will not be denied.
started by bankers? show your work

THEY WANT IT NOW.

Again. Bullshit.

This country is fucked.
This. For the last several years trying to find people to work has been a nightmare. They all think they need to be making top money for a position right from the go even though they have 0 experience. They just can not wrap their head around you have to earn that pay.

Most people do not understand a new hire is a investment for a company. You are not making money for a company until you learn what the hell is going on, The company invest in you by giving you experience on how to do something and pay you at the same time. Now there is a huge difference from going to work at Dollar General or as a Engineer on how long this takes, but still an investment from the company.

I have pimped this book in several threads, makes me wish I got something out of it.

The fourth turning, give it a read. It makes a very good case of just what you are talking about. There are two, and "old" one and a "new" one. The old one was written in the 70's. The new not long ago.

In the old he is talking of things happening a little quicker then they are. I personally thing that some things happened that messed up the time table....I will hold my views on what that was.

Give it a go, it reads pretty quick, and you will be saying.....boy if you could see the world now.

I really need to read the second.

Reactions: Romeo458
I have pimped this book in several threads, makes me wish I got something out of it.

The fourth turning, give it a read. It makes a very good case of just what you are talking about. There are two, and "old" one and a "new" one. The old one was written in the 70's. The new not long ago.

In the old he is talking of things happening a little quicker then they are. I personally thing that some things happened that messed up the time table....I will hold my views on what that was.

Give it a go, it reads pretty quick, and you will be saying.....boy if you could see the world now.

I really need to read the second.
I ordered a copy, it's still on the way.

Im currently reading The myth of capitalism by Johnathan Tepper. It's worth a look too.

This. For the last several years trying to find people to work has been a nightmare. They all think they need to be making top money for a position right from the go even though they have 0 experience. They just can not wrap their head around you have to earn that pay.

Most people do not understand a new hire is a investment for a company. You are not making money for a company until you learn what the hell is going on, The company invest in you by giving you experience on how to do something and pay you at the same time. Now there is a huge difference from going to work at Dollar General or as a Engineer on how long this takes, but still an investment from the company.

What I've noticed is those in management are so out of touch, that what they think is a killer job offer is quite shitty.

But, those kids also want a 3000 sq ft mcmansion as their starter home. And they want the new truck in the driveway and new toys in the garage.

For example, in the Bozeman area median home prices are $825k. McDonald's and Taco Bell are paying $18-20/hr to start a part time zero stress job.

Electrical contractors are always bitching that they can't find good help while they offer $18-20/hr for a 1st year apprentice. These kids are smart enough to see that they can bust their ass and spend thousands on tools, or they can take it easy and not have a thing to worry about other than walking down the street to work.

These companies all have owners and management that bought and paid off their houses 20-50 years ago. They can live comfortably on $40/hr like they're rolling in dough. They can't remember what it's like paying $1500+ every month to rent an apartment, or $3k/month to own a tiny house in a shitty location.

On the flip side most of those 20 year old kids bitch and moan about having roommates to pay the rent. And they have $800 truck payments rather than saving any money for a down payment on a house.

There is a lot to the fact that they just can't fathom saving $100k+ to put down to make a reasonable mortgage payment on a tiny crappy house. My dad bitched about making $20/hr and making a payment on his $78k house 25 years ago...

Everything is so far out of control to what it was even 15 years ago. I can't really blame the kids for just giving up on the Boomer American dream. They're trying to find happiness in a shed in a yard because they can't fathom trying to finance that dream anymore.

The longer man survives, the quicker he wants instant gratification to achieve the same level of life his parents were/are living at, during his childhood & beyond. Entitlement is instilled from birth by many parents. One of the reasons you see kids selling off their inheritance for the quick buck, instead of forging forward.

Who the fuck says "whilst"?

• Haha
Reactions: XikoPlavi
The longer man survives, the quicker he wants instant gratification to achieve the same level of life his parents were/are living at, during his childhood & beyond. Entitlement is instilled from birth by many parents.

If I could expand upon your statements:

If you look around at the society younger folks find themselves in, the pressure from society / peers / mating is ALL skewed completely towards get crazy rich immediately or you are a loser. The interwebs are filled with stupid women blathering on about how their ugly asses won't date any man not making like a million dollars a year or such. "Influencers" on "social media" are flooding the place with B.S. stories about being 20 and living their best live making huge amounts of money for doing nothing and enjoying life. The news media is filled with stories of young women doing part time whore work on the interwebs and making millions off it and why would they ever work.

Unless you are making huge amounts of money up front, you are almost despised by your peer group and shunned from the mating / dating market.
Media, entertainment, government and everything are lining up to make hard work seem like low class and the only thing worth while is flash glamour jobs that pay huge.

Especially when you see all the Mega Rich just pretty much flaunting wealth in your face (that they got off the backs of a bunch of slave driven serfs).

Once upon a time (back in our day so to speak) Starting at the bottom and working hard to get to the top was admired, respected and pushed by society and also rewarded by companies. Not any more.

One of the reasons you see kids selling off their inheritance for the quick buck, instead of forging forward.

That is pretty much exactly what happens.
My brother (a renter) was going on about how "the boomers just need to die" so that there would be extra houses on the market so the "needy deserving young people" could buy them.

I pointed out that here is EXACTLY what would happen.

Parents die and leave the house to their greedy unwashed heirs.
Kids don't want to live in the old, modest house and fix it up and do repairs and live in an older quaint neighborhood.
So the first thing they will do is sell that paid for house they now own, to some flippers / corporation / foreigners, for as much as they can.

Then they will take that money go be all N-word rich and rent some fancy place while they "decide on the best place to buy". Either they eventually will spend all that money and have nothing, or they will find that what they sold things for won't get them anywhere near their "dream home" and they are stuck with a crushing debt load.

In either case, now they are worse off than before, because before when their parents owned the house, at least if everything crashed and burned, they could come back home and ask to stay in the guest room for a bit. Now? Sorry about that, but the safety net is gone.

This right here explains some of the problem. Do the degrees fit the economy’s actual needs? If not, the issue isn’t the reality, it lies in the mismatch of expectations and desires to that reality.

Electrical contractors are always bitching that they can't find good help while they offer $18-20/hr for a 1st year apprentice. These kids are smart enough to see that they can bust their ass and spend thousands on tools, or they can take it easy and not have a thing to worry about other than walking down the street to work.
If they can not figure out the difference between going to work for a actual career at $20/hr versus going to work at Taco Belle for $20/hr...this is the problem. This is also exactly what I was talking about companies are investing in that hire.....The electrician is not only paying the salary but also training someone at the same time.

all the old guys have

You've eluded to this twice in your responses now, in one way or another.

This is your problem.
My "deal" doesn't affect your deal.
This is the stumblingblock of the young in MANY generations.
I've suffered a bit of it many many years ago. But no one was going to go out and obtain FOR me. And I had been instilled with the idea that absolutely nothing is free. No one was going to make my life for me.

You want hope. I get that. Thats how Mack Daddy snagged so many 18 to 30 year olds back in 08.
Hope isn't something that can be handed out like candy. Real hope is created in the individual.

You know what created that money problem yall keep talking about?
The "real estate" problem.
Crooks....that we all have been guilty of electing at one point or another. Some more than others.
But....laying blame to the past isn't going to fix the mess.
Itll take good people young and old to fix it. And there are fewer of both every day.

You've eluded to this twice in your responses now, in one way or another.

This is your problem.
My "deal" doesn't affect your deal.
This is the stumblingblock of the young in MANY generations.
I've suffered a bit of it many many years ago. But no one was going to go out and obtain FOR me. And I had been instilled with the idea that absolutely nothing is free. No one was going to make my life for me.

You want hope. I get that. Thats how Mack Daddy snagged so many 18 to 30 year olds back in 08.
Hope isn't something that can be handed out like candy. Real hope is created in the individual.
Right, so the guy getting a 3:1 company contribution on their pension, isn't getting it better than me who is barely getting 1:1?

If you don't think companies across the board have worse contracts and conditions than 30 years ago, then I guess there is nothing more to say.

• Haha
If the Union had not shoved the federal government authority down the south's throat (there's an argument they needed to post war), we would have side stepped a lot of the overreach we see today

If they can not figure out the difference between going to work for a actual career at $20/hr versus going to work at Taco Belle for $20/hr...this is the problem. This is also exactly what I was talking about companies are investing in that hire.....The electrician is not only paying the salary but also training someone at the same time.

Yes.

But when I started McDonald's was paying $6/hr and I started at $12/hr. I was broke living in a $400 apartment and driving a paid for old truck.

Would you be excited to go invest $3-5k in tools to work in the weather, the dirt, and wait 4 years to work up to being eligible to take a test for a license?

Or I can go to work where it's sunny and 75 every day and I have to buy non-slip shoes every year for the exact same wage?

I have never and will never work in food service. But I understand why kids aren't flocking to the trades.

Of course I've only seen a $10 wage increase while minimum wage has increased $10. So I've gone backwards but people will pay a plumber $250/hr yet tell me I'm robbing them at $100/hr to not burn their house down....

Right, so the guy getting a 3:1 company contribution on their pension, isn't getting it better than me who is barely getting 1:1?

If you don't think companies across the board have worse contracts and conditions than 30 years ago, then I guess there is nothing more to say.

I agree.
There is nothing more to say.

Fucking old people.

• Haha
Reactions: mtrmn
Would you be excited to go invest $3-5k in tools to work in the weather, the dirt, and wait 4 years to work up to being eligible to take a test for a license?

Or I can go to work where it's sunny and 75 every day and I have to buy non-slip shoes every year for the exact same wage?
I started out at my career at minimum wage and did all that, in the south east swamps plus had to go back to school in order to get a license.....Now guess what, I am doing good for myself for putting in the time in the hard stuff to actually make it in life.

Some theories are that society resets every so many centuries . We start over again and again. Forget what they call that. Anyway, as our times continue I really start to believe that.
Press the factory reset button now please.
Technology is the beast.

Reactions: mosin46

What the fuck is company matched contribution?
All ears.

R

What the fuck is company matched contribution?
All ears.

R
Pension scheme where for every dollar you put in the company also puts in a dollar, up to a certain amount.

I started out at my career at minimum wage and did all that, in the south east swamps plus had to go back to school in order to get a license.....Now guess what, I am doing good for myself for putting in the time in the hard stuff to actually make it in life.

As am I. I saw the value, and worked for it.

But there's a reason the kids don't want to do it. I'm just not quite old enough or well off enough to be completely disconnected. I'm sitting in the middle looking at both sides.

Reactions: beetroot
SImple math

Raise the prices of everything barely increase the wages.

Forget owning ur own home unless u take a loan that makes u a wage slave. (Probably for life or lose it cos u get hurt too much to work or the other idea pay it off then divorce and there it all goes)

Roll the dice on investing in stocks (but with no spare money cos rent is through the roof)

Put together ur own business be it tiny or large and get taxed out of existence or someone patents ur ideas and now ur not allowed to sell anything anymore.

Add into that failed marriages and the thought police.

Im getting to a point of do as they do and buy a house in Italy for a dollar.

Other than that enjoy the shit show.

Any wonder people are just giving up or not going for body wrecking jobs.

Bigfoot had the right idea just gtfo.

And work for money and they dangle retirement at the end of it all which by the way crashes in value every so often.

And if you do somehow make it to a nursing home (lol) they take ur home as the payment to see u to ur grave (if u can afford one b4 hand]

I used to beleive be the change you want to see in the world.

If i had money sure lmao (hysterically while bashing the table with my fist)

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Government spending is the problem. Housing isn't too expensive, the dollar has lost it's value.
In the early 60s minimum wage was $1.25/hr.
Today five pre 64 silver quarters have a value of up to $25.
Why are we paying folks who wouldn't take a job as a taste tester in a pie factory for just breathing air? Why are we sending billions to orher countries? Why do we fund studies to see how cocaine affects the mating habits of quail?

SImple math

Forget owning ur own home unless u take a loan that makes u a wage slave. (Probably for life or lose it cos u get hurt too much to work or the other idea pay it off then divorce and there it all goes)

Roll the dice on investing in stocks (but with no spare money cos rent is through the roof)

Put together ur own business be it tiny or large and get taxed out of existence or someone patents ur ideas and now ur not allowed to sell anything anymore.

And work for money and they dangle retirement at the end of it all which by the way crashes in value every so often.

And if you do somehow make it to a nursing home (lol) they take ur home as the payment to see u to ur grave (if u can afford one b4 hand]

If i had money sure lmao (hysterically while bashing the table with my fist)
This might be a grammar rant...if so guess what I don't care.

I might get flamed for this, we all know I don't write well and don't use the correct words, but at least I put forward the effort. Personally I don't care about mis spelled words but what does drive me up the fucking wall is this ebonics crap.

UR.....for your or you're or what the fuck ever, at least put in a fucking effort.
U.....YOU for fuck sake. how hard is that it is three more letters for fuck sake.

That is as close to a grammar nazi as I am ever going to get. I might spell it wrong or use the wrong word but at least I will put in a fucking effort.

And doing it on your phone is not an excuse.

Government spending is the problem. Housing isn't too expensive, the dollar has lost it's value.
In the early 60s minimum wage was $1.25/hr.
Today five pre 64 silver quarters have a value of up to $25.
Why are we paying folks who wouldn't take a job as a taste tester in a pie factory for just breathing air? Why are we sending billions to orher countries? Why do we fund studies to see how cocaine affects the mating habits of quail?

The other issue is things that are not intended to be life long jobs are being looked at like one. Flipping burgers at McNasty is not to be a career. Sure you might work up to manage a McPuke but that is different, and those people can make an OK living. But the bottom grease monkey, no. Why is it looked to be that way now. 40 years ago this was not a thing, why is it now. Well simple because politics.

That is another thing that needs to change.

It will not change because of the tail chasing that goes on. This says it better then I can.

This might be a grammar rant...if so guess what I don't care.

I might get flamed for this, we all know I don't write well and don't use the correct words, but at least I put forward the effort. Personally I don't care about mis spelled words but what does drive me up the fucking wall is this ebonics crap.

UR.....for your or you're or what the fuck ever, at least put in a fucking effort.
U.....YOU for fuck sake. how hard is that it is three more letters for fuck sake.

That is as close to a grammar nazi as I am ever going to get. I might spell it wrong or use the wrong word but at least I will put in a fucking effort.

And doing it on your phone is not an excuse.

Well, you beat me to it.

If someone can't be bothered to spell out words, how can they be expected to work without someone constantly looking over their shoulder?

Putting it another way, if they are too damn lazy to spell words, then they will work exactly the same way.

It's like teenagers. If you're in the kitchen when they rinse a bowl or plate, they'll also rinse the sink. If no-one is hovering over them, the dish is covered in food and the sink has crap all over it.

It boils down to integrity.

As am I. I saw the value, and worked for it.

But there's a reason the kids don't want to do it. I'm just not quite old enough or well off enough to be completely disconnected. I'm sitting in the middle looking at both sides.

ZomboMeme 18112023055753.jpg

SImple math

If i had money sure lmao (hysterically while bashing the table with

Aye god, but yall are some depressing, morbid motherfuckers.

Reactions: mtrmn
SImple math

Then you should have patented it yourself or gotten investors to assist with that business. Risk v reward.