• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which "gucci" ar to get?

mese341

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2013
Duluth,Mn
I am looking for another Gucci ar I am leaning rewards a jp rifle with an 18" barrel but I am not sure does anyone have suggestions on which jp I should get or another high end brand I know I want between a 16"-18" and weight doesn't matter because it's going to be on a tripod and I am left handed but open to suggestions I am trying to stay under 3500 for just the rifle and I want 223/556 no bigger

If you want a JP, get a JP, they are awesome rifles.

For 3500 you can get pretty much whatever you want. I mostly shoot Knights and LMT stuff and there is definitely a point of diminishing results as you go up in price.

Various stuff I would check out for that price range.
LMT Spec War or Shovel nose.
B&T APC 223
HK MR556
Maybe a Sig Spear LT in 300BO with Can

I dont think theres really a wrong choice, it really depends on what you already have.

I am looking for another Gucci ar I am leaning rewards a jp rifle with an 18" barrel but I am not sure does anyone have suggestions on which jp I should get or another high end brand I know I want between a 16"-18" and weight doesn't matter because it's going to be on a tripod and I am left handed but open to suggestions I am trying to stay under 3500 for just the rifle and I want 223/556 no bigger

What's your budget brother?

One of my local dealers has an sci20 18" that I was thinking treading my noveske 9 towards but I don't know if I only want the lest side charge because I am left handed or do I want to wait and order the dual charge rifle

One of my local dealers has an sci20 18" that I was thinking treading my noveske 9 towards but I don't know if I only want the lest side charge because I am left handed or do I want to wait and order the dual charge rifle

That's going to be personal preference the SCI-20 will be the foundation I would build off of, basically it would be the little brother of the LRI-20 I just finished, I'm currently in the middle of building the exact rifle I think you're looking for. Give me a second and I'll lay it all out for you.

The LRI-20 is in Black.
20230616_092500~2.jpg

Reactions: mountainboy
I have a JP, multiple LMT's and KAC's. I prefer the KAC... runs like a dream every time. Big fan of LMT and their easy change barrels. JP is what it is. Hate the handguard and IMO, just doesn't have the same robust quality of the others.

Screenshot_20230803_072810_Chrome.jpg

JP or SA .875 AGB / Rifle Length Gas $140/$130

American precision arms or HellFire MB $160

CLE 18"-20" Bartlein 1-7.7 Twist /M110 Contour/ CLE Match Chamber or Wylde, your choice. I'd go with the CLE M Chamber but I only shoot 77gr SMK's so depends on what projectiles you're planning to run $700

MagPul PRS Lite adjustable Stock $70

Trigger.. whatever you prefer I run TriggerTechs or Geissele, The MBT is a decent choice if you like it on the heavier side.

That's basically everything, and that still puts you under 3k. Also the above prices are MSRP so if you're MIL/LEO or first responder you can safely knock $10 off of that for parts and accessories.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Get a JP dual charge upper, I think it's called the PSC-21 these days. I have had one for several years, and it's superb. Mine runs a 20" barrel, so it's on the heavy side, but you said weight wasn't an issue. With the right load (77SMK and TAC or 77TMK's and 8208XBR) it shoots pretty consistently in 5/8"-3/4".

Reactions: BAKPAKR and BCP
JP is fantastic - but this is right around your budget, too. I know you said weight isn't important, but this has a carbon fiber Proof barrel which is a good way to keep the rifle well-balanced on (or off) a tripod.
OP did indicate he wanted a "Gucci" AR. This is not the same as stating he wants an accurate AR, thus your suggestion would be spot on. I know MSTN has been around a long time, and I have heard that he builds accurate rifles, but I will never get on board with CF barrels. I have known so many people who have had them on their rifles only to turn around and ditch them. The primary reason amongst a few others being, they just can't maintain accuracy over sustained strings of fire.

OP - if I were to ask a clarifying question, such as, are you wanting a quality "precision" AR, or just something that looks cool? Also, if @bigjake83 is offering to put a rig together for you, I would just get his address, order the list of shit he provided you, have it all shipped to him, and wait for it to arrive.

If you want a "factory built" rig, just get the JP. I've got a couple KAC's and they are great rifles, they just aren't worth what they are going for in today's market (IMO, of course). I've read a lot of good things about LMT, but I have no personal experience with them.

OP did indicate he wanted a "Gucci" AR. This is not the same as stating he wants an accurate AR, thus your suggestion would be spot on. I know MSTN has been around a long time, and I have heard that he builds accurate rifles, but I will never get on board with CF barrels. I have known so many people who have had them on their rifles only to turn around and ditch them. The primary reason amongst a few others being, they just can't maintain accuracy over sustained strings of fire.

OP - if I were to ask a clarifying question, such as, are you wanting a quality "precision" AR, or just something that looks cool? Also, if @bigjake83 is offering to put a rig together for you, I would just get his address, order the list of shit he provided you, have it all shipped to him, and wait for it to arrive.

If you want a "factory built" rig, just get the JP. I've got a couple KAC's and they are great rifles, they just aren't worth what they are going for in today's market (IMO, of course). I've read a lot of good things about LMT, but I have no personal experience with them.

Him and I talked over PM the other day, he's wanting something factory built, basically the easy button. He's still going JP so it's not like there's going to be any disappointment.

I just advised him to go the heavier 20" Medium contour JP barrel instead of the light weight 18".

Him and I talked over PM the other day, he's wanting something factory built, basically the easy button. He's still going JP so it's not like there's going to be any disappointment.

I just advised him to go the heavier 20" Medium contour JP barrel instead of the light weight 18".
Absolutely true. My JP has the 18" barrel, and it's an absolute hammer. Knowing what I know now, I do wish I had them put the 20", but I believe I'll survive. Everyday an education and every education in a day...

Seekins GAP with Bartlein is an excellent rifle.
Personally, if you have preferences to grip, trigger, charging handle etc, I’d just build a custom rifle with your favorite components.

I build off Seekins receivers because I like the pseudo-monorail fit of the hand guard to the receiver and not the barrel. Over the years I’ve found certain parts I prefer so this just makes sense. The Proof CF barrels are a bit overkill but they are sexy and accurate. Money’s not really rate limiting so I use them on some of my “Gucci” builds.

Edit:
Just read he’s wanting factory built.

Many rifles come and go. But my Jp ctr-02 has been with me 15 years. Its not going no where. 18” heavy barrel

As far as factory guns go JP is going to be really, really good. But if you want to go a notch higher, I’d consider going the custom route with a Krieger, Bartlein or Brux barrel.

Wes Grant at @MSTN builds beautiful tack drivers, as seen above. Steve Adelmann at Citizen Arms is also well known for his precision AR builds. Both of these guys have probably forgotten more about the AR platform than I’ll ever know.

CLE upper maybe with a LMT MARS lower since its fully ambidextrous. Can't go wrong with a Krieger or Bartlien barrel. For a bench gun I really like a Magpul PRS stock. Geissele or LaRue trigger.

Reactions: msgriff
CLE upper maybe with a LMT MARS lower since its fully ambidextrous. Can't go wrong with a Krieger or Bartlien barrel. For a bench gun I really like a Magpul PRS stock. Geissele or LaRue trigger.
I went with a CLE upper upon recommendation here, and the chamber is very obviously crooked. I don’t know if it’s something I should bring to their attention or if it’s not worth the hassle.

I went with a CLE upper upon recommendation here, and the chamber is very obviously crooked. I don’t know if it’s something I should bring to their attention or if it’s not worth the hassle.
If that is the case CLE will absolutely take care of that.. I have no idea who at CLE chambered that but is wasn't Paul.

Reactions: Tokay444
It was a Douglas 16” stainless with their CLE chamber. I’ve shot it once and couldn’t find ammo it liked. Followed their cleaning instructions, and took a peek with my bore scope and concluded that was why it wouldn’t group. Maybe coming from a bolt gun, my expectations are too high.

The chamber is crooked??? Yeah if it is in fact crooked, I would absolutely get with them on it.

The throat definitely is. I assume it’s a one piece reamer.

It was a Douglas 16” stainless with their CLE chamber. I’ve shot it once and couldn’t find ammo it liked. Followed their cleaning instructions, and took a peek with my bore scope and concluded that was why it wouldn’t group. Maybe coming from a bolt gun, my expectations are too high.

Without a doubt send that back and call CLE on Monday and they will send you a prepaid packing slip, and currently have plenty of Douglas blanks on the shelf to remake you a new one..

Reactions: Tokay444
Without a doubt send that back and call CLE on Monday and they will send you a prepaid packing slip, and currently have plenty of Douglas blanks on the shelf to remake you a new one..
Ok. This wasn’t meant to be a call-out.

Reactions: bigjake83
Op stated "I want 223/556 no bigger". Your trolling is getting tiresome.
On a point of order, you are correct. Oh well, maybe I will inspire him to run the heavy rigs?"
Aero is guuci as fuck, Boi!