• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which mags to run with nucleus & MPA

MountainMan77

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2018
Good afternoon,

I’m posting to find out from others what magazines seem to run well with a 6.5 creed - nucleus action/mpa comp chassis. This has been my first rifle build and looking for advice from others with a similar setup who can steer me in the right direction?

Accurate mag, AI Mags, Magpul aics mags? Looking for a 10 rd magazine. Thanks for your input in advance.

Ps I have seen the videos from Phil at MPA re modifying the Magpul mags and adjusting feed lips.

Good afternoon,

I’m posting to find out from others what magazines seem to run well with a 6.5 creed - nucleus action/mpa comp chassis. This has been my first rifle build and looking for advice from others with a similar setup who can steer me in the right direction?

Accurate mag, AI Mags, Magpul aics mags? Looking for a 10 rd magazine. Thanks for your input in advance.

Ps I have seen the videos from Phil at MPA re modifying the Magpul mags and adjusting feed lips.
Ive used American Rifle CO. Mags, MDT 10 round Mags, and AICS mags with no issues. The only ones Ive had an issue with are the MDT 12 rounders but im pretty sure the mag was garbage. Same setup- Nucleus, 6.5CM, MPA chassis

Reactions: MountainMan77
Ive used American Rifle CO. Mags, MDT 10 round Mags, and AICS mags with no issues. The only ones Ive had an issue with are the MDT 12 rounders but im pretty sure the mag was garbage. Same setup- Nucleus, 6.5CM, MPA chassis

Wait, the MDT 12 rounders were no good in a nucleus? Crap!/ How so?
That's what I got to use in my nucleus MPA combo for 6 creed but I did get a poly 10 rounder just because. Hope one of the two will work well.

Wait, the MDT 12 rounders were no good in a nucleus? Crap!/ How so?
That's what I got to use in my nucleus MPA combo for 6 creed but I did get a poly 10 rounder just because. Hope one of the two will work well.
I think I got shit mags. I ordered a set of 10 rounders and a single 12 rounder and none of them would feed. Sent them back for replacements and the new 10 rounders feed fine but the 12 rounder wont feed the last 4 rounds. I now use an ARC mag with an extension if I need 12 rounds.

Accurate, AICS ran fine for 6 CM in my Nucleus/MPA

MDT 6br 12 rounder runs great in 6 dasher same rifle.

Accurate .223 doesn’t run great in Nucleus/MPA combo.

ARC mag didn’t work for shit.

My ARC mags (4 of them) have worked perfectly with my Nucleus in my MPA BA in both 308 and 6.5CM.
They also have worked great in my RPR.

For my setup (737R, Manners PRS1): PMags are okay, but the bolt drags across the feed lips. No stoppages are issues other than additional drag on the bolt as I'm working the action. My MDT 10 rounders (metal) are great, but sometimes when loading I end up pushing a round out the back of the feed lips due to the size of the opening behind the rear end of the feed lips and the top edge of the back of the mag. So far, I've been favoring the MDTs though I've tried all to test for function.

Thanks for the input so far! Looks like several people like the arc mags in this set up. Does anyone have good luck with the accurate mags? Also im assuming the MDT mags are the steel ones not polymer like the magpul?
Lastly, I am a newbie so can someone please tell me if I would order a magazine with or without a binder plate? What is a binder plate for? Thanks for the education and advice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input so far! Looks like several people like the arc mags in this set up. Does anyone have good luck with the accurate mags? Also im assuming the MDT mags are the steel ones not polymer like the magpul?
Lastly, I am a newbie so can someone please tell me if I would order a magazine with or without a binder plate? What is a binder plate for? Thanks for the education and advice.
Binder plate is for rem 700’s and some clones without notched feed ramps and OAL limitations.
Nuke’s don’t have that issue, I run 2.9+ all day in mine so I use mags without binders.