• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Which movies do you wish they'd make?

That said, if they actually do make a movie on the life of this remarkable man, it will be a lesson in "self fulfilling prophecies". You want a killing machine? Keep pushing an innocent man until he has nothing left to lose. That is how you get a killing machine.

This is a fundamental truism that the radical left is either to stupid or too arrogant to understand.

Honestly, being a bit of a SciFi fan, I wish they'd make a rendition of the Honor Harrington Novels. It's been talked about, and planned, but keeps getting scrapped. I think it'd make an interesting SciFi option over Star Wars, and since it's largely a "Horatio Hornblower set in space", it would (IMO) have a better plot (assuming they don't go all SJW on it like BSG did).

David Weber's knack for taking historical battles, and portraying them in space, with the added nuance of 3 dimensional space, speed of light issues, gravitational effects, etc., makes for some very interesting discussions on tactics (fire and maneuver) in a space environment.

Anyways, with 13+ books, there's be a lot of material for a truly epic series of movies based on Honor Harrington.

JMTCW...

I want to see the comic book "Spawn" come to life! Its been rumored to be in the making, but nothing as of late.
Or I want to see " Horny College School Girls #12: The Musical"

Honestly, being a bit of a SciFi fan, I wish they'd make a rendition of the Honor Harrington Novels. It's been talked about, and planned, but keeps getting scrapped. I think it'd make an interesting SciFi option over Star Wars, and since it's largely a "Horatio Hornblower set in space", it would (IMO) have a better plot (assuming they don't go all SJW on it like BSG did).

David Weber's knack for taking historical battles, and portraying them in space, with the added nuance of 3 dimensional space, speed of light issues, gravitational effects, etc., makes for some very interesting discussions on tactics (fire and maneuver) in a space environment.

Anyways, with 13+ books, there's be a lot of material for a truly epic series of movies based on Honor Harrington.

JMTCW...

Big military sci fi fan right here too.

The Cosmic Computer (1963) by H. Beam Piper would go well on screen too. Basically the western American frontier right after the Civil War when the Union army abandoned some stretches of forts and outposts that were deemed not necessary anymore. Take that into space and set it in the aftermath of a war between the Terran Federation who was determined to keep the Federation together at all costs (Union) and the System States Alliance (Confederate), who wanted to maintain individual Federation planets' rights and unrestricted interstellar commerce. The original novel had A LOT of gunplay and gun talk. Piper was a very big 2A/firearms writer and had a collection of more than 400 guns, including full auto and crew served too. All of his writings featured communities where most civilians are armed and thus can handle lawless situations when governing entities are not present or have gone rogue.

Bachelorette Party

W/ Tom Hanks as the bride's father.

&

The Day the Sea Rolled Back.

I’d like to see one last Clint Eastwood western that put an ending to the man with no name.

Here's a concept with a bit of a historical twist.

No idea what to call it, but something to do with the Spanish advance on North America.

As has been said many times, in many threads, on many 'Hides (one location or another) that an actual, factual, respectful, truthful, NON tom berenger-esque BIOGRAPHY of Carlos Hathcock would be greatly appreciated by practically everyone here. The problem though, for the cheque-signers and the snap-board-clackers in front of the cameras is the fact that 'our' numbers are few, whereas "feed to the masses" numbers are huge. We'd pretty much have to take up a collection and have an Indie type thing done. And ya'll know how that would turn out. Ammo'd be shot-up before noon, firearms would be missing by 4:00 pm, and the whole cast and crew would be plastered by 5:00 pm.

Somebody call an Uber!

• Love
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
would love to see a documentary/movie showing how Hillary Clinton lost the election :ROFLMAO:

I hope Rainbow Six is not about a team of Gays. Probably not because it would already have been produced as a movie.

Nope, it's about a fresh faced butter bar right out of West Point and how he deals with his homosexual proclivities involving one of his privates once he gets to his duty station. The kicker is the private is also his RATELO (no surprise there) and his callsign of course happens to be "Rainbow Six Romeo" --so no surprise it's a formulaic homosexual "Romeo and Juliet(o)" with a bit of a modern update and plenty of social justice, like the big scene where they jack off in the shower but blow their loads towards the big bad company CO, who is the antagonist of the story and who catches them in the act.

Or is "Rainbow Six" about those six gay privates who earned their "Gay Pride" badge when they joined the army? I got one too btw, they made you wear it, gay or not.

Actually it's a Clancy story about a high speed tactical team they make video games about, does include the Navy though so it COULD have concealed homosexual innuendo I guess.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Haha
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Is also like to see an epic movie made about the life & times of Chesty Puller. That would be fucking badass.

I’d also like to see a historically accurate telling of a real pirate from the golden age of piracy. Someone along the lines of Blackbeard, Sam Bellamy, Captain Kidd, Bartholomew Roberts or Charles Vane. You get my point.

This is snipershide and took to the 2nd page before Carlos Hathcock book was mentioned!?!?!?! Would make a great movie every sniper you have seen in a movie is based on Hathcock!

This is snipershide and took to the 2nd page before Carlos Hathcock book was mentioned!?!?!?! Would make a great movie every sniper you have seen in a movie is based on Hathcock!
I'm not allowed to utter that name due to a previous "trangression".

A really good accurate WWI movie from the western front. I don't care which battle.. Somme, Vimy Ridge, Ypes.... The insanity of the British Command, waste of honorable soldiers, wretched conditions. On par with Band of Brothers, The Pacific....
White Feather would be a good one done properly. Carlos Hathcock is a legend . MACK V SOG in Laos and Cambodia . Coming from Marine Recon community the missions these guys ran are unbelievable, contact with overwhelming force over 80 to 90 percent of the time. Truly jaw dropping valor.

I kinda wish they would stop making movies now that they're all propaganda. The kids movies are the worst.

Reactions: TACC
White Feather would be a good one done properly. Carlos Hathcock is a legend . MACK V SOG in Laos and Cambodia . Coming from Marine Recon community the missions these guys ran are unbelievable, contact with overwhelming force over 80 to 90 percent of the time. Truly jaw dropping valor.
They could make a couple of movies about Carlos Hathcock.Starting with him going after the General.He was one great marine,God bless his soul.

Reactions: TACC and CcoFirst
Methinks a lot of the reason is simply because the most of us knows that "it goes without saying....." except to the newbies to which "they found something new and different". That and we definitely DON'T need tom berenger involved in the process, at all. Except maybe in the audience so that he could see how it was ACTUALLY and SUPPOSED to be done.

HA.

How about a modern version of The Wild Bunch? I think in it’s day it was considered one of the most violent films made?

Reactions: Moose
I'd love to see God of war turned into a movie, i love epic adventure movies and the last one that got me on my toes was the '300''

Here's a concept with a bit of a historical twist.

No idea what to call it, but something to do with the Spanish advance on North America.

As has been said many times, in many threads, on many 'Hides (one location or another) that an actual, factual, respectful, truthful, NON tom berenger-esque BIOGRAPHY of Carlos Hathcock would be greatly appreciated by practically everyone here. The problem though, for the cheque-signers and the snap-board-clackers in front of the cameras is the fact that 'our' numbers are few, whereas "feed to the masses" numbers are huge. We'd pretty much have to take up a collection and have an Indie type thing done. And ya'll know how that would turn out. Ammo'd be shot-up before noon, firearms would be missing by 4:00 pm, and the whole cast and crew would be plastered by 5:00 pm.

Somebody call an Uber!

Biggest issue with some of the movies we would like is the time limit.
Take Carlos, for the common history buff he is known for shooting a guy through a scope...done a thousand times so far.
And his epic stalk.
To get the realism needed to portray it you need 2 hrs just on that.
Showing a few ants and 20 seconds of crawling will piss “us” off more than making us happy.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Biggest issue with some of the movies we would like is the time limit.
Take Carlos, for the common history buff he is known for shooting a guy through a scope...done a thousand times so far.
And his epic stalk.
To get the realism needed to portray it you need 2 hrs just on that.
Showing a few ants and 20 seconds of crawling will piss “us” off more than making us happy.
You're right, but there are movies out there that are 'epic' and long. 3 hours'ish long. If the movie IS done well, then it is worth it and it will be popular and profitable. Pearl Harbor. Saving Private Ryan. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly....

If it could be done WELL, with a good director... then for sure, more would "come to the fold".... and it wouldn't be so negatively stereotyped.

Any Asia Carrera movie as long as they had a time machine and got her from way back when. That way I won't have to look at her total meth trainwreck ass anymore when I run into her at the grocery store.

Warhammer 40k :geek: It would take a hundred movies, but the carnage would be absolute gold.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor. Another hundred movies on this alone.

Jack Carr's book Terminal List would be a sweet action flick.

A film/ documentary detailing the longest recorded sniper kills and an interview with the snipers (if possible)

Authentic, accurate, and sanctioned by the Corp, ( no cheap ass B movie shit) bioptic of Carlos Hathcock’s time in Viet Nam and his brave battle with injury and illness after that time.

A film/ documentary detailing the longest recorded sniper kills and an interview with the snipers (if possible)
--this is what I was attempting to start building here, in the Sniper's Hide Fieldcraft Room. I had listed a number of individual (recorded) snipers there, with the hopes of people HERE adding to those threads. Additions such as actual, specific interactions they may have had in one venue or another. I have read so many different comments and short-stories over the years, by so many other members (here and 'sites gone past') that I was wanting to amalgamate it all here.

What better place than here, for true, historical, specific information/stories and whatnot to go with the legends.

It's sad (to me) that NOBODY wants to attain the same goal. Practically nobody, that is.

How about a movie about Smedley Butler? He won the Medal of Honor...TWICE! He received the Medal of Valor which at the time was considered an equivalent, so in essence he could be considered a three time recipient.

One could not make a movie long enough to put in all the times he was under fire.

Interestingly enough, after he got out, he realized that war was a racket for big business.

How about a movie about Mary Edwards Walker? The FIRST and ONLY woman to receive the Medal of Honor. It's not just about how many enemy soldiers you shoot or capture.
This is also a story about how the government took back many medals as at one point they were given out like candy. Mary Walker refused to return hers...
This would make an interesting story and more complex then an action/adventure movie!

Last edited:
I loved those rogue warrior books, he had a way of making you feel you were with him on the mission.I would love to see a movie on 1 of his books.

I’d also like to see some Louis L’Amour books done, maybe the Sackett series.

Yes, he was an American treasure. Just finished "The Haunted Mesa" by him, it was half Western/half sci-fi. Would be a great movie.

PS, the Sackets WAS done as a mini series, with Sam Elliot as one of the brothers. A bit dated and cheesy but still good.

Another vote for "Without Remorse" though I do say that THAT movie could be done as a mini-series considering there are SO many different things that are happening, to tie it all together. Can't be done in 2 hours.

A continuation of MORE of the Jack Ryan books into movies.

Pale Horse Coming by Stephen Hunter would be an excellent movie, IF they stick to the book. If they don't, then don't even bother starting.

Louis L'Amour books into movies. There's a number of them done already, but more would be better. On that note, the first I'd suggest would be Comstock Lode. Second though, would be 'Night Over The Solomons'.

Still want to see a sequel to True Lies.

Third episode of Boondock Saints (I pray that it's better than II was)

The Accountant, Part II

Sure wish there were a way to do a sequel/continuation of Law Abiding Citizen......

You Sir have good taste.

Years ago I read a good book by Dean Koontz called Lightning,it was about time travel and would make a great movie.

Yes, he was an American treasure. Just finished "The Haunted Mesa" by him, it was half Western/half sci-fi. Would be a great movie.

PS, the Sackets WAS done as a mini series, with Sam Elliot as one of the brothers. A bit dated and cheesy but still good.

I’ve watched them, I’d just like to see some real production value put into it. Entertaining, but cheesy is a good word.

As a person, he was incredibly interesting. As a writer, I really hope he transcends the genre writer category and is one day considered a classic author. He wrote more than just westerns, just like you said.

Reactions: verdugo60
I’ve watched them, I’d just like to see some real production value put into it. Entertaining, but cheesy is a good word.

As a person, he was incredibly interesting. As a writer, I really hope he transcends the genre writer category and is one day considered a classic author. He wrote more than just westerns, just like you said.

Completely agree Sir. He deserves to be up there with Steinback and the rest. Plus he was a true American Patriot. Pro 2nd Amendment, individualism, and challenges the PC narrative even back then. Which is probably why he won't be recognized as he should for now.

Reactions: bourbonbent
Remake “for a few dollars more”! Love the old van cleef and Eastwood westerns!