• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Which movies do you wish they'd make?

Alas, Babylon but it needs to follow the book.

Actually I'm sure Hollywood wouldn't do the book justice

Another vote for "Without Remorse" though I do say that THAT movie could be done as a mini-series considering there are SO many different things that are happening, to tie it all together. Can't be done in 2 hours.

A continuation of MORE of the Jack Ryan books into movies.

Pale Horse Coming by Stephen Hunter would be an excellent movie, IF they stick to the book. If they don't, then don't even bother starting.

Louis L'Amour books into movies. There's a number of them done already, but more would be better. On that note, the first I'd suggest would be Comstock Lode. Second though, would be 'Night Over The Solomons'.

Still want to see a sequel to True Lies.

Third episode of Boondock Saints (I pray that it's better than II was)

The Accountant, Part II

Sure wish there were a way to do a sequel/continuation of Law Abiding Citizen......
Boondock saints 3
Accountant 2

Clancy novels without a doubt

Wick and Hunt on the same side

Reacher 3

I know 8t is fiction, but W.E.B. Griffin novels would be a great movie

Last edited:
A Learning Experience - Christopher Nuttall.

But it'll never get made by Today's Hollywood.

It uses today's Liberalistic Bureaucracy as a backdrop to a series of S/F novels that depicts the ones that got away.

Greg

Last edited:
Operation Buffalo: USMC Fight for the DMZ

This was a great book & I have no doubt it would be a great movie if done accurately & correctly.

I was in 11th Engineer Bn until early June at Dong Ha, then transferred into 1st AmTrac Bn, thereafter, at Cua Viet. My units supported the infantry Ops of Buffalo, Hickory II, and Kingfisher.

I cannot claim to have been directly involved in the Ops themselves, but we were involved around the periphery. It was a very tense Summer for all of us.

I agree with your idea for the movie.

Greg

Reactions: WATERWALKER
I'd like to see more historical movies that are technically accurate. Language, clothing, architecture, etc.

Humans vs neanderthals. The earliest naval warfare. The early chinese use of firearms.

The history of animals in warfare, made into movie form. Ancient Egypt, Hannibal crossing the alps, the dogs of war, pigs on fire rushing through lines, etc. PETA would hate it.

Custers last stand.

The French and Indian wars.

Lewis and clark.

The American expeditionary force to Siberia.

The boxer rebellion.

Also, the history of Malta is fascinating from prehistory, though the crusades, into ww2.

Getting tired of watching great movies and then having to realize it couldn't be made today.

Reactions: verdugo60
Historical movies that are technically correct? Hollywood changes history to bring in the Benjamins in order to make more historical movies that are INcorrect!
Humans vs. Neanderthals - Clan of the Cave Bear (how would you know if it was technically correct anyways?)
Custers Last Stand - So many of them made, it is ridiculous. Although would like to see more of a reference made about him leaving his Gatling guns behind because they were too slow/heavy. Might have changed the course of battle??? Oh, and he had cut his hair before he went on that excursion, just in case...so the Indians wouldn't get his flowing locks. So any portrait of him at the battle with long flowing locks is incorrect!
French and Indian War - Northwest Passage with Spencer Tracy or Last of the Mohicans
Lewis and Clark - The Far Horizons with Charlton Heston
Boxer Rebellion - 55 Days at Peking, once agin with Heston
A few movies to hold those, who can't wait for Hollywood technically correct movies...

You won't get a Hathcock movie.

1) Pro marksmanship. Shot in uniform and competition.

2) Positive military record.

3) Unpopular military action.

Would be a good movie of done right, but it would trigger millennials in and out of uniform.

Reactions: Davo308
Forstchen books:
Day of Wrath
Pillar to the Sky
One second after series.

Harry Turtledove:
Guns of the South
“Guns of the South” would be awesome, but somehow I don’t think we will ever see a movie where the south gets the upper hand.
Does anyone know if a movie has ever been made depicting Hanibal’s campaign against Rome? That could be an epic along the likes of”Ben Hur”.

Reactions: Davo308
Just the movie Hannibal made in Italy in 1959 with Victor Mature and the 2006 TV movie with Alexander Siddiq... Nothing close to Ben Hur.

Reactions: bluebu70
The battles of the ironclads in the civil war...complete with civil war era submarines would be something I'd see.

Reactions: Kir
The Men With Green Faces: A series of movies or docudramas about missions of Navy Seals in Viet Nam...before we lose those guys: Rudy Boesch, Richard Marcinko, many others. Particularly the stories of the 3 (or more) Seals that were Medal of Honor recipients.
I agree with this.

I wish they would make a movie of The Gunslinger / Dark Tower, Stephen Kings magnum opus.
Wait they did. They completely f***** it up. Absolutely loved the Dark Tower saga. This movie needs remade desperately. Great source material.
While we are at it, more Evil Dead with Ash? Not just the show.

Sci-Fi:
Rendezvous with Rama
Dune (done right this time!)

Drama:
Blood Meridian

War:
A USMC perspective of Belleau Wood

There has been a lot of bible scholar and better translation on ancient languages, so I will like to see a tv series on David, Moses or Jesus that depicts the happening of their time.

Can we get a new Super-Man movie, my youngest son has been waiting for one.

Clancy, Red storm Rising...

"...And we thank God..., never came..." (?)

Keep watching this space...

Greg

Somebody ought to make a film about The Munster Rebellion. Sam Peckinpah could have handled the ending masterfully but, alas, he is 35 years gone.

Apparently there are a few Avatar sequels in the works... really looking forward to those. The original was a beautiful movie! Also hoping that some x-men/fantastic 4 movies get produced by Feige and crew. I really don't understand why they're making a Black Widow movie... so many better choices out there!

because she's smoking hot
hard not to sell tickets with her in skin tight leather
..yes the movie will be half ass..

because she's smoking hot
hard not to sell tickets with her in skin tight leather
..yes the movie will be half ass..

This and the "empowering females" thing are the only reasons to do this. She is REALLY hot though lol

I second Terminal List by Jack Carr, and add Red Metal and The Grey Man by Mark Greaney.

I second Terminal List by Jack Carr, and add Red Metal and The Grey Man by Mark Greaney.

I just finished the second book in the "Terminal List" series - "True Believer". It's very good as well. Looking forward to more in the series.

Louis L’amour, the sackett series, would make fantastic movies. I also grew up with the Halo books and video games. It blows me away that they have not yet made t

I want anything with good shooting actions. Lately there has been too many unrealistic type going on. Even the latest john wick got a little weird. Some rainbow 6 action would be cool

Reading books about submarine warfare was always the most suspenseful to me. My imagination really ran wild whenever I did so and gave me a high degree of admiration for all those who served under the seas...

Would love to see a sequel to American Assassin. I never got into the books the the movie left off for a perfect sequel/trilogy that I think would be great.
Last o knew they were making a sequel to the Accountant.