• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Pelican should I buy?

Which Pelican should I buy?

• Total voters

dlxcupid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Commie-fornia
Looking into getting a Pelican case to carry my pistols. I was thinking either 1500, 1510 or 1550. I plan on holding a minimum of 3 and up to 6 along with their mags. Main purpose is to and from range and possibly some travel. The 1500 may be a bit small for what I want to use it for. The 1510 has wheels which is cool but it kind of looks bulky with the wheels and handle. 1550 is sort of in between the two. What say you fellow hide people?

Would be nice if you guys can share pictures of your setups. What the hell, I will add a poll too.

Thanks in advance.

I use a 1520. It holds 2 layers of pistols and revolvers. I use closed cell foam and cut it myself. I don't like the foam that comes with them. It is too cheap. I have a 1" layer of foam on the top, bottom, and between the guns and two 1.5" layers of foam cut out for the guns. I have glued the 1.5" layers to the 1" layer below them so that they will pull out as a tray and can be swapped out for any other combination depending on what I want to shoot that day. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412298677.225046.jpg