• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which primary can for .260

bentbolt308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Eastern iowa
Looking at buying the can tomorrow and waiting and waiting. I demo'd a thunder beast ultra 7 and elite iron stfu. Both seem like quality and top notch. Sound reduction was same. The TB is lighter and inch shorter. It will mostly be used on precision bolt gun shooting prone. Next year might put on match gun once I cut the barrel down closer to 20". I will use this on 300blk 308 and .260. Prices I have found are about $200 difference.

Only downside is that it is a little louder than a 7" 6.5. A dedicated 6.5 7'' suppresses about the same as a 30 cal 9" on 6.5. The 9" 6.5 can sounds awesome on 6.5 as it should.

The ones you can change the end cap on help mitigate that, I went crux for 300 blk shorty and 260 precision but mainly based on size/weight...they don't have the end cap changes

If you do the whole stack there is a measurable change. Changing the end cap doesn't do anything.

i use my ultra 7 CB mount sup on my 260, and 30 caliber rifles. the 30 caliber is the way to go since you will also be using multiple calibers like myself. you will be very happy with your purchase

Reactions: Graywolf.260
I've loved my TBAC 30-P1 on my 260. Wouldn't hesitate to buy the new 6.5 Ultra 9 if I were starting over. Of course, go with the 30 Ultra 9 if your'e going to shoot 308 and 300blk

I'd go with the Ultra 7, that's what my next can will be. I currently use a Rugged Surge on my 260 but I have a Razor that will be approved in a few months that may take its place. Get the 30 cal version as the db difference between it and the 6.5 isn't much to the human ear.

Elite Iron makes one of the best 6.5 cans, particularly for a 6.5G which I use 'em for. Don't own an Elite 6.5 though, but Dale stands behind it and that's enough for me. The Elite will weight more but cost less. It'll have the same solid lock up QD mount and about the same quality in sound reduction. The Elite can handle more abuse and heat.

For a precision rifle where it won't heat up that much or see lots of abuse and the lower weight is a factor or would simply be nice, and the increase in price isn't a deal breaker, then TBAC's Ultra line is hard to beat. I just got my 6.5 Ultra 9 and it's damn nice. I got it for a 20" Grendel but haven't used it yet or compared it to the .30 Ultra 5 or 30CB9 I also have. I can say the 30CB9 (the older version of the .30 Ultra 9) was pretty nice while the 5" is more or less like a moderator but better. It's loud but not TOO loud. Amazing for SBR's. Generally a larger caliber can on a smaller bore may have a dB or so more extra vs. the correct caliber can, however, it's also a deeper, throatier sound and to many that's more desirable than the higher pitch dedicated can. The difference in suppression is effectively up to the observer. Still, I recommend getting the appropriate can for the rifle, but I tend to suppress most of my rifles with their own cans.

Were I you, I'd get the 6.5 Ultra 9 --the 7 is nice but the 9 is better IMO for dedicated use on a precision rifle. When I want 'em short, I go with the 5" cans. Great for SBR's. Most of my military type cans lie between 6.xx and 7.xx inches and do pretty nice, especially on rack grade rifles or ones that see abuse, but aren't nearly as fit for dedicated precision rifle use.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
Like mentioned above, I'd go with the 6.5 Ultra 9 if only shooting 260 or the 30 Ultra 9 if shooting 308 or 300blk also. I'd go with the 9 inch Ultra either way since you're mainly shooting prone and matches.

I run my TB 30P on my 6.5C, a dedicated can for the 260 is always the best set up, however, the 30 caliber can will work. In my case that is what I am doing, plus even with the can I still run full hearing protection.