• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which way to go???

Cullenwruth

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2011
GAP ar-10 vs larue obr??? Both are very appealing although I'm leaning towards the GAP. Which one is better? Also, what is the current wait time on these two rifles?

Re: Which way to go???

Lots of strong opinions on both sides of this issue. I have guns from both companies and both are excellent quality. I absolutely love my GAP bolt gun but my black guns are OBRs (5.56 & 7.62). GAP had some trouble with their AR-10s initially but I'm sure they have that fixed now.

If you're looking for a long-range shooter, the OBR is the way to go with LaRue. The Predatars are lighter-weight versions of the OBR with lighter barrels and forearms. When I ordered my most recent OBR (August) they told me 10 weeks but I got it in 5. LaRue had a pretty big backlog during the summer because they were waiting on barrels, but they got caught up in August/Sept and now the wait time is substantially shorter.

I too had been on the fence about which one to order..

I chose the GAP 10 over the Larue. I did this mainly on everything I had read and references for friends of mine that love their POFs and GAPs. I have spent quite a bit of money on Larue mounts in the past and their products have all be great.

Also Larue takes your credit card and charges the entire balance when it is ready to ship. GA takes a deposit and you get some time to stock pile money for your new love.

There are upsides to the Larue ... Switch Gas block and a new hat with the order.

I got really lucky... When I ordered the GAP10 on Monday (10-31-11), Ken apparently had an OD 18" 308 ready for sale. It was not exactly what I wanted but real close. I jumped on it. It should be here in a couple days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csmith441</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I got really lucky... When I ordered the GAP10 on Monday (10-31-11), Ken apparently had an OD 18" 308 ready for sale. It was not exactly what I wanted but real close. I jumped on it. It should be here in a couple days.

</div></div>

Pics when it arrives please.
cool.gif

I was fortunate enough to be able to test drive an OBR at a Magpul Dynamics course I attended. I've never shot the GAP10, so I can't compare the two. I can only say that the OBR is a fine weapon - accurate and reliable. I bought mine within a month of completing that course. I doubt you'd be disappointed either way though.

I cannot comment on the GAP 10, however I have shot the OBR and the Predator and as far as I was concerned I was more than sold. I will be buying one of each very soon. I asked the folks at the factory (Mark) about the warenty (which is lifetime) and I quote, "pretty much to void the warenty you would have to take a hack saw too it. Or porposely do something very damn stupid."

I am very impressed with all aspects of Larue. However GA is a more than top-O-line company that stands by their product as well. So I say call both places and be honest with them as to what they can do for you. Either way you will be happy. Good Luck, hard decesion to make.

You will be happy with both. I decided on the OBR. if your mil or LE larue will hook you up. That's one of the things that helped me choose.

You can't go wrong either way. Both are top shelf quality and are shooters

I have a OBR and a GAP AR-10 and they are both tack drivers. You cannot go wrong either way.

I've gone with 2 Gap rifles.

If i decide on another build they will get the first call

I would go with GAP over the Larue anyday. One GAP builds are better than Larue. GAP has a nice owner. If you want a (free) hat buy the lesser of the two but if you want something real that doesn't come with extra (Buy Offs) then go with the GAP.
Plus I have seen more GAPS shoot well than OBRs. If a bottle opener, dillo dust, sticker and a hat sell you on a rifle then I doubt you know which will shoot best anyways.

I have decided to go with the GAP. Its seems like the accuracy is slightly better and I like the looks more. So what's the process of getting one of these rifles? What's the deposit price, do i need to get it through my dealer, wait time, ect... Thanks for all the help!

I have an OBR and could not be happier. Came with a test group of 0.47. I am as happy as a bug in a rug!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cullenwruth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have decided to go with the GAP. Its seems like the accuracy is slightly better and I like the looks more. So what's the process of getting one of these rifles? What's the deposit price, do i need to get it through my dealer, wait time, ect... Thanks for all the help! </div></div>

PM KLin (Ken Lin), or call (816)221-1844