• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which Wrist Watch ?

Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium I forget which model. Bought one 7 years ago for myself when I paid off my student loans. Pretty much wear it everyday to work. From t-shirts and polos with jeans to suits, it pairs well.

I do think I’m going to switch to an Apple watch when I’m not wearing a suit. They seem to integrate with all the technology quite well.

View attachment 7656696

Only for the tough….

Sirhr
I prefer the metal band.
IMG_20210627_173559.jpg

If your confused which to get , then get one thats the best of both worlds.
download (39).jpeg

Reactions: akmike47
Ahh, yes, I’m sure you think there are many sexes too.

But biology be like it be.
Pretty much just 2 genders, male and female. Everything else is just a reflection of psych issues.

Also, you gonna lecture me on biology, lol?

Pretty much just 2 genders, male and female. Everything else is just a reflection of psych issues.

Also, you gonna lecture me on biology, lol?

If you don’t think women are hard wired to look for a man as a provider, guess I might have to

My wife is gorgeous, fit as fuck, rides and races mountain bikes and is an amazing skier.

She's also an ER doctor, like I am. Except she works more hours than I do (and makes more money) so that I have more time for my other hobbies.

Wait, what were you saying?

My wife is gorgeous, fit as fuck, rides and races mountain bikes and is an amazing skier.

She's also an ER doctor, like I am. Except she works more hours than I do (and makes more money) so that I have more time for my other hobbies.

Wait, what were you saying?

Re read my last post, think you’re getting spun up for something I’d wager we both agree on.

Not spun up at all, I've been laughing with the exchange.

My seriousness here approaches about 1%. :)

Not spun up at all, I've been laughing with the exchange.

My seriousness here approaches about 1%. :)

Just saying, women, on average are much more attract to a financially...comfortable man, compared to how men look at women, so projecting wealth for a man does make sense in that way

The researchers tested the framing effect using six key attributes, two of which are more important to men and women respectively, and two that are considered as necessities by both sexes:

• Attractive body (more important to men)
  • Attractive face (more important to men)
  • Earning potential (more important to women)
  • Ambition (more important to women)
  • Kindness (equally important to both)
  • Intelligence (equally important to both)

• ...Women also proved more susceptible to framing effects in attributes like ambition and earning potential, while men responded more strongly to framing when physical attractiveness was described”

How does it hold up? I've always wondered about the suunto but have never purchased based on review feedback - like they break very easy, shouldnt be submerged,, scratch easy and just in general aren't very tough...which rules them out for me. I'm a practical watch guy...
Only had it a year, but it’s held up just fine. I go shooting, work on cars, work on the house, yard work, swimming, etc with it and haven’t had any issues so far. It’s a little scratched up on the outer ring, but I’m pretty hard on stuff so I’m not surprised.

Suunto Core with the regular (grey) face, black band unless your pride needs to show. Hard to kill. Put a spare bat in your wallet if you deploy. If you're traveling, you can get a new bat most everywhere civilized. Low signature and you won't get your arm chopped off for it. But...you won't be able to trade if for a BMW or C18 if you need transportation.

• Haha
Reactions: js1977
Absolutely agree, but then again I buy a watch to know what time it is, not what time it almost is. A Rolex would clash with my steel toes anyhow, and heaven forbid I make that fashion faux pas.
My Rolex Sea Dweller, no-holes case, Super Luminova, and a red seconds hand, doesn't tell me what time it is. It tells me what time it should be. Once you accept that, life is much easier. When I'm wearing it, everyone else has a fashion faux pas, but gentlemen don't discuss these. But if you travel to sketchy places and don't want your arm chopped off for the bauble, Suunto Core as above.

Last edited:
Haven't worn a watch in 46 years is time that important or do you like knowing how much time you have left before the eternal dirt nap ?

Sub $200 G Shock all day, pick your poison as they have a lot of different models and features. Personally though if you want a "nice" watch I'd look in the $400-$500 range at some of the Citizen and Seiko options.

Reactions: bkglock
I have a couple of Master of G series watches I got "used" for stupid cheap. They are big but I like them. I want a suunto also.

There's a plethora of watch faces, including Micky and Mini, for the AppleWatch. You can customize it to your needs as well.

They even sync with each other.

iu.gif

I am pretty fond of the looks of this watch as it's really hard to get clean plain numbers and a small bezel anymore.
I sent it out to the Seiko mods guy to get a new crystal put on it, as well as one of the new more accurate automatic / quartz hybrid movements.

Seiko watch.jpg

Reactions: bkglock
Casio solar atomic..10 years and still goin.

View attachment 7656287
Mtgm900da. Running $95 on Amazon.

Have 2 of those. Bought the second to replace the first when the plastic where the metal band attaches ripped through. Found replacement plastic on ebay when it happened to my second. Only other problems is breaking pins and the closing stud pulled out (that was fixed with a TIG at 30amps). So I have a great watch and a spare.

Will be running them til I replace with a gshock mud master.

G-Shock is worth it, for sure. But if you feel like something a little different (and that will fit large wrists), try the Orient Kanno. Within your price range, automatic movement, hacking, 44mm case (good for the large writst), wears nice, and WR to 20bar. Fit and finish is excellent.

Be wary ... they can be sort of a gateway to other, more expensive watches.

If any of you are interested in some of the watches/ timepieces owned by Hide members this is an awesome thread.