• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whidden bushing fl dies

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
Just ordered one for my 6.5 creedmor with redding bushings. Anybody used one of these yet?? If so do you like it??

Just ordered one for my 6.5 creedmor with redding bushings. Anybody used one of these yet?? If so do you like it??

Since no one ever answered your question, I'll ask you: So how do you like the Whidden dies? How would you compare them to the Redding or Forster bushing dies/comp seaters?

Since no one ever answered your question, I'll ask you: So how do you like the Whidden dies? How would you compare them to the Redding or Forster bushing dies/comp seaters?

Well I didn't get the seater die. I've got the redding series d with the vld micrometer. Works just as good as my redding comp dies. I got the whidden fl bump bushing die. To answer your question I love it. It literally knocks everything out in one go. I use a .286 bushing and bump the shoulder 2/1000's. it has yet to let me down. Well worth the $$!

Very cool, thanks for the reply. So if I get the Whidden set, I won't need anything else to load the Creedmoor? The reason why I ask is because I've never used bushing size dies before, and I've read that they don't size the entire length of the neck. I don't know whether you have to size the entire neck from time to time or not. If I fork over $180 for a 2-die set, I don't want to have to buy additional FL dies, body dies, M dies, etc.

Very cool, thanks for the reply. So if I get the Whidden set, I won't need anything else to load the Creedmoor? The reason why I ask is because I've never used bushing size dies before, and I've read that they don't size the entire length of the neck. I don't know whether you have to size the entire neck from time to time or not. If I fork over $180 for a 2-die set, I don't want to have to buy additional FL dies, body dies, M dies, etc.

I'm not going to tell you it's the "end all be all" of dies, but I've not had to use any other die for resizing whatsoever. I personally love it. And what you read isn't true. It will size the whole neck. Just depends on how you set up your die and your shell holder depth.

Excellent. Thank you. Are you using the TiN or the standard Redding bushing?