• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Who’s quit dippin?

I quit in December last year. I was going through a can a day of Zyn as I quit Cope and needed something and that stuff gave me my fix.

Got a really bad sinus infection and all kinds of chew was making my throat irritated and making me cough. Whatever is was the stuff didn’t taste good anymore.

Once I got healthy I was still craving nicotine. Went through withdrawls. Chewed tic tacs for awhile after the gum I chewed all day made my jaw sore. That kinda worked.

Found a Zyn can at work yesterday. Stressful day and dropped one in. Immediate instant buzz like it was the first time. Got kinda dizzy. Got over that I thought. Had to take a shit. Port potty is on a pallet as we had it up because of the snow. It wobbles a bit. Sitting in a Porta Potty wobbling around taking a shit wasn’t fun. Almost thought about puking. Not worth dropping another one in. Writing this though mentally I still get a craving. Nicotine is super addictive.

Congrats to you who quit, I'm sure its for the best.
Those who are trying to quit, I wish you the best, and hope you are successful.
I quit for 3 years once, I started back but with a different outlook.
I have one or two small dips a day, some days none at all. My dentist was surprised to learn I dip snuff, he says he cannot tell. He told me if there is no way he can tell, its probably not gonna hurt me.
The last time I bought snuff, I threw a fit, and said I was quitting. I did quit. I quit buying it.
I make my own now. Better than store bought, and I know whats in it, and how its made. There is an enormous difference in its carcinogenic makeup, in how it is cooked and cured.

Reactions: DIBBS and SDBguy95
I have one or two small dips a day, some days none at all. My dentist was surprised to learn I dip snuff, he says he cannot tell. He told me if there is no way he can tell, its probably not gonna hurt me.
The last time I bought snuff, I threw a fit, and said I was quitting. I did quit. I quit buying it.
I make my own now. Better than store bought, and I know whats in it, and how its made. There is an enormous difference in its carcinogenic makeup, in how it is cooked and cured.
That would be a cool thread, post up a recipe.

It would pry be better for us all in this thread if you didn't, but better isnt always more fun!

it's about like anything else in life.

don't have a weak mind.

down to 3-4 cans a year mostly during hunting season.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
It sucks I smoked and dipped and quoting dip was 100 times harder to stop but I did twice and now I finally don’t think about it
Quitting chewing was way harder than quitting cigs or Ashley Judd. I used running; it's hard to gasp for air with a wad in. In all honestly, it was three days of really bad cravings and then it got less and less each day. One day at a time and I kept saying "What's stronger, me or the bag of chew?" Once I quit, I realized how stupid the whole thing was; how much control I gave a bag of chew. Never did really get over Ashley though.

Get a jar
Everyday put the cash in the jar you would have spent on dip. Cash only every day.
It adds up quick

Take the jar money and go buy gun stuff

I never chewed but smoked for many years and tried many times to quit but the addiction overcame me every time and I went back to smoking. Then one day I saw an interview with an ex tobacco big wig and he said flat out that it's the "extra stuff" they put in the tobacco products that is really the cause of the addiction - they put that stuff in there to deliberately addict you to the point quitting is an absolute nightmare. "They" (Big Tobacco) also have known for decades that the additives are mostly the stuff that kills you as well as addicts you.

Pissed me off so bad that here was an entire industry making/marketing a product that they knew would addict and kill their customers and making millions in the process by literally murdering their customers. Crumpled up the rest of the pack and threw it in the dumpster. Never smoked or used tobacco again. Every time I got the craving (lasted for years) I'd remember how pissed off I was and vowed that I'd die of cravings before I gave those bastards one more cent of money. I'm cured of tobacco. I still hate the Tobacco Industry to this day.

VooDoo

Reactions: DIBBS
Never dipped but smoked for like 40 years. Had to quit over 4 years ago because I had to have carotid artery surgery since my right side carotid was like 90% blocked. I used the Chantix and it was fricking brutal, weird fucking dreams and to this day I still can't sleep well.
Anyhow fuck all tobacco but I'll not give up my whiskey:)

I tried Chantix to quit smoking. What worked much better was Skoal mint. Switched and never went back. Can’t even handle the smell of a cig now.

The short temper from the Chantix made me quit it after two days.

I wanted to kill everyone over the dumbest shit and I would have had I not stopped using it.

Back to the top.

Im 3ish days into quitting...
The stories are helpful, thanks

Mine was so much more a social addiction. I was married to my first wife when I was still using it. I'd go long weekends, and leave periods of a week or more without dipping...then be back at work 5 minutes and have to throw one in.

Even 10 years later I still have dreams where I put a dip in. I'm always so disappointed in myself in the dream too.

Keep it up man, you got this.

Last edited:
Reactions: kindabitey
I was looking for some tabacoo plants this year. We don't get them very often out here. Several years ago my mom got some from the FFA at the school where she taught. They make big beautiful plants with a neat flower head.

I smoked daily from about 14-25. From 25-30 I mostly only smoked when I would drink. A little after I turned 30, I quit drinking also. The other day I was hanging out with one of my friends that I started drinking and smoking with. He pulled out a Marlboro red and lit it up. It seemed weird, and made think about the fact that I used to smoke, and how now it almost seems like I never did. I don't have cravings, I don't have have the habits and fixations. Its almost like I never smoked. Except I don't get to add the cigarette money I spent to my ammo stash or savings. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I stopped smoking when I went into the hospital for 30 days , I did this with the use of dip been dipping ever since it last longer than cigarettes and cost less no I hated the patches that cost more than the cigarettes , and I would not touch the "gum" block of clay

I quit in my 20's. Back in school a little jack in the can was a "cool" thing to do. Did anyone else do that? I just looked at my teeth one day and said you know this is not good.

I just quit cold turkey. Never had an issue.

I think it really depends on you. I was on Oxy for years for a bad back, then it became evil and I had to quit as the Dr would not wright for it anymore. In with the back Dr one day begging for another surgery and he asked about it. No so and so will not wright for it anymore. Try this person, ok. I go to her and she starts me out on tramadol, that is not cutting it so back to the "hard stuff". Then surgery came anyway, and I am back on the tramadol after eating 20 advil a day, no I am not kidding.

Point of the story I quit the "good stuff" cold turkey as well. Never "craved" it, but my back hurt like hell. All the BS about well if you are on that stuff so long you take pain differently, ok fine I take pain differently, I don't care what you do this is not an option, suck starting a shotgun will cross your mind if you are in that kind of pain.

Now I am at a "functional" level. I still hurt all day every day, but I can manage. They are not keen on the 6 tylenol every night to get to sleep, they are working on that.

I quit a year and a half ago. Just quit buying Copenhagen. Sucked bad a couple weeks and then after a month I only thought about it on specific things....tractor....hunting....fishing, etc. Now I will have a dip occasionally with zero issues. I like tobacco. I'm going to have a cigar or dip or chew occasionally. What I had to quit was having to have a dip and feeling like I lost my wallet if i didn't have a can. To do that I had to quit completely for a year.

Reactions: SDBguy95
I quit in my 20's. Back in school a little jack in the can was a "cool" thing to do. Did anyone else do that? I just looked at my teeth one day and said you know this is not good.

I just quit cold turkey. Never had an issue.

I think it really depends on you. I was on Oxy for years for a bad back, then it became evil and I had to quit as the Dr would not wright for it anymore. In with the back Dr one day begging for another surgery and he asked about it. No so and so will not wright for it anymore. Try this person, ok. I go to her and she starts me out on tramadol, that is not cutting it so back to the "hard stuff". Then surgery came anyway, and I am back on the tramadol after eating 20 advil a day, no I am not kidding.

Point of the story I quit the "good stuff" cold turkey as well. Never "craved" it, but my back hurt like hell. All the BS about well if you are on that stuff so long you take pain differently, ok fine I take pain differently, I don't care what you do this is not an option, suck starting a shotgun will cross your mind if you are in that kind of pain.

Now I am at a "functional" level. I still hurt all day every day, but I can manage. They are not keen on the 6 tylenol every night to get to sleep, they are working on that.

big-lebowski-wtf.gif

I’m glad to see this pop up again.

I’ve been using the Zyn pouches since I posted this.

I ran out yesterday morning and have decided to quit those too.

I’ve chewing the Ice Breakers cinnamon gum like it’s going out of style.

Any time i have tried to let myself down slow, i relapse. Just sack the fuck up and quit, it is the way.

Reactions: Charlie112
Back to the top.

Im 3ish days into quitting...
The stories are helpful, thanks
Good on ya, keep at it. IMO it’s 99% mental.

I quit Cope last August by weening myself off by using Zyn. Ate them like they were skittles for the first week or two. Went from the 6 mg to 3 mg last winter, and got myself down to 4 pouches a day.

Reactions: nikonNUT
This thread is inspiring which I needed.
Going to switch to the ON Nic packs for a while and see how it goes.

I quit dipping 3 years ago...but used the nicotine pouches as a replacement.

I ended up using waay more pouches than dip...i was eating 2x 8mg pouches at a time and going through a whole can just at work.

Id cut down to the 2mg pouches and sunday was cold turkey....im gonna have to give up booze too because they go hand in hand.

The first two days sucked so far, but keeping busy has helped a lot... chewing gum and my jaw is sore.
Sleep is all kinds of jacked up.

Thanks hide.

I bounced between smoking then chewing and back again. I finally quit cold turkey. Took two weeks. That was 25 years ago.

Guess I'm too honest for my own good. Chantix is an antidepressant and prescription. There's a question about taking antidepressants on the 4473. I'm not a liar, so I couldn't in good faith take it with my spending habit.

Taking it for a week and stopping is far different than a steady lifelong medication.

As a lifelong user, I have quit on several occasions for periods of up to 4 years, only to finally start up again. Since this thread has re-surfaced, I read through the whole thing again. One thing really stuck out…

I am AMAZED how many of us who have ever managed to quit for a long period of time have had the EXACT same dream - that of starting back to using in the dream, only to be filled with self-disappointment and dread despite enjoying the dip in the dream. That’s just uncanny. There's got to be a PhD thesis-level study in there somewhere. I’ve had it a number of times, and it was always such a relief after waking up and realizing it didn’t happen. Unfortunately for me, it always seems to eventually actually happen again, even after years without it.

Last edited:
What struck me back in the 90’s a friend of mine was dating one of the Reynolds’s daughters of RJ Reynolds’ tobacco. They had the camel Joe jet boat. In their special area were camel cigarettes at each table yet none of the executives smoked. Pretty much told me all I needed to know about tobacco.

Quit in 1994. Girlfriend of 4 yrs Hated me chewing. To this day it was the single hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Best thing I have ever done too. Years later I still craved it. I went from a can every couple days to a can a week. Then when I stopped buying it, I switched to sunflower seeds. I ate a 1 lb bag of seeds every day for yrs!!

Hayden.

I smoked, chewed the gum, and dipped Copenhagen for 20 years. I woke up one day and decided if Nic was going to kill me that I would not be using it only a daily basis. I went out and got a new truck and refused to use Nic in the new truck. It’s probably one of the biggest things I have overcome in my lifetime. 10 years later I still have dreams of dipping